Anyone else having trouble setting up with FED-EX - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 08-10-2004, 01:20 PM   #1
MarcAntony
Anyone else having trouble setting up with FED-EX

I just got done talking to my FED-EX representative, and he informs me that I cannot get a live animal waiver unless I have a registered business with a listing in the telephone book as a business. He also said that the waiver is only good for business to business shipments. He told me that these were the requirements per James Brown in the FED-EX legal department. I am not a business, I am a small time collector that has offspring to sell occasionally. Has anyone else had a similar problem, and how did you address them?

Thanks

Old 08-12-2004, 08:42 AM   #2
Traci1
I got so far as receiving back my test packages with the paperwork showing they were approved/accepted (can't remember the term they used). I faxed the info to the sales rep that was supposed to be helping me and never heard a thing after that. I emailed him, left him voice mails...nothing. Now I am afraid to try again because it seems that those who've tried lately are getting nowhere. What you posted is the worst yet...before I thought it was that you could only ship to a business, now it's only business to business! And to have to have a listing in the phone book! This is not helping us hobbyists one bit!

Traci Engle

Old 08-26-2004, 04:15 PM   #3
MR_Jungle_Mist
Better late than never

I know that this post is a little old, but thought I'd tell you about our experience that went quite well.

We live in the sticks and shipping has always been somewhat of a hassle which we've dealt with without a problem. We used to ship UPS through the nearest UPS Customer Counter. Before starting shipping I went there and spoke to the lady at the counter. I told her what we would be shipping that we ship in insulated boxes that are lined, packed with peanuts, heat/cold packs as required, etc etc. I would drive just over an hour to get there and ship right before the truck left for the airport. I'd get at the counter at 5:30, they shut their doors at 6, the truck would leave shortly thereafter.

This went on for some time and at some point we went to ship and they had some big wigs there. They made it a point to inspect everything and our package was refused. Not only that but we were flagged and now everything that comes from us is inspected.

We decided to get FedEx verified and use them instead.

We started with the customer rep thing, registering our business name, address, contact info, then moved on to the packaging inspection thing, etc etc. In the meantime I went to the closest "town" to us and went to the mailing business there. Pak Mail / Mail Boxes Etc / Pak N' Mail type....

I told them what I was wanting to ship and receive, cleared it with them...showed them how we package things up, what we were going to ship (even brought in a juvie ball for them to see).

When the papers came back from the packaging ppl, I called my rep, gave her the name and number of the place I would be dropping packages off at so she could call to ensure that they were ok with it, etc etc etc...

So now we are verified and shipping through FedEx with no problems.

Good luck to anyone else who might be trying to do the same, and I hope things go better for the both of you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!