female growing too slow? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-20-2014, 11:25 PM   #11
Ed Clark
At 13" you want to keep her growing.

Maybe around 8 medium dubia or 6-8 supers, feeding greens also.

Old 08-21-2014, 10:52 AM   #12
Firefly713
Glad she's doing better! I tend to leave a couple extra dubias in the viv overnight. When the lights come on in the morning they start wandering about and my dragon goes hunting! Some dragons just like to be challenged I guess! You could also try phoenix/calci worms, a bit expensive but were a big help in getting mine to at least try his greens. Good luck!

Old 10-27-2014, 12:47 AM   #13
mojobean
she eats whatever i put in there.. recently i'm low on larger supers.. so i'll give her double on the 1" - 1-1/2" smaller ones.. usually about 25-30, then she will stand there over her dish staring at me till i look at her, then she will look at her dish and look back at me quickly. She will stare at me till i give her second helping. She will wipe out all her greens. Her bowl for those is ALWAYS cleaned out. No matter how much I put in there. She eats every last reptiworm, super, or dubia i give her. on rare occasion she will leave a few and finish them off with her greens in the morning. She has taken to digging in the sand section of her cage (about 18" x 18" in a plexiglass short box). It isn't more than 2" deep. She is very methodical about everything. she has ONE spot she poops in, no where else ever, just THAT spot. sleeps in only one spot. eats in only one spot. will flip her dish over if i have not filled it by a certain time, this varies between dishes. if she did not get fresh greens before i go to work and there are a few day old drier bits in the dish.. she turns it upside down. If she has not gotten bugs by 5pm she will flip her bug dish. (this rarely happens but it is quite the statement when it does). at 7pm she is up in her bed behind the plants. I have not measured her length recently.. but she is fat. One of my males tried to grab her to mate once.. and she did not seem like she was going to fight it so I separated them immediately… she is not ready for that (or maybe WE aren't ) Will females produce eggs even if they have not mated? Her belly is so huge i'm starting to think i need to give her a box of stuff to dig in and lay eggs or something?

Old 11-11-2014, 02:22 AM   #14
Firefly713
Sound like she's doing alright! At least she only flips over her dish... If I give mine the wrong kind of greens (he's picky) he looks at me and back at the greens a couple times, then heads on over and does his business on top of them! She can lay eggs without mating, they just won't be fertile. You should set her up with a dig spot if she wants to dig, could be she's looking for a place to lay.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!