Are you a LURKER? - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

View Poll Results: Why I don't post on Fauna
I'm new to reptiles & don't want to look stupid 37 15.95%
I don't have time to post on forums - you guys need to get a life 7 3.02%
You people are mean, rude, or just generally not nice 25 10.78%
I posted once, but got ignored 19 8.19%
Everytime I think of something to say, somebody beats me to it 36 15.52%
I know more about reptiles than any of you people 13 5.60%
I want to post, but can't figure out how 3 1.29%
I only browse forums when I am bored & need entertainment 36 15.52%
I don't know how to post pics 4 1.72%
All my reptiles keep dying, and I don't want anyone to know 1 0.43%
Other 86 37.07%
What are you talking about? I post all the time 34 14.66%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-24-2006, 04:16 AM   #31
Joejr14
Much like Dean, I'm very active on CS.com (3500+ posts) compared to not active much at all here. I read the BOI when I am bored and for amusement. I've really only used it once or twice from a buying standpoint. The forums here are just not that active, and it's too bad. My main interest is in corns, and the corn forum here is just rather lame. I do occasionally browse other forums, but nothing really 'catches' my attention other than the BOI.

Old 07-15-2006, 04:25 PM   #32
mikeydadog
I am typically a classic lurker. Addicted to snakes, and
therefore to informational snake sites, and forums as well.
It is not uncommon for me over the last two years to visit
6 different sites, two or three times a day to check for
sections!). I am old school and just actually got a home
computer two years ago.
There are a few reasons I do not post much, the biggest one
is I always research the animals I am thinking of purchasing in
advance so I have a good understanding of what to expect
while they are in my care. Another is I really dislike the way
some people flame others on a lot of sites, This behavior has
ruined way too many really good threads for me (and I do not
mean the constructive criticism either!).
Overall though if I am to be honest, I love all
my snakes! (10 at this point) but they are not the beauties that
most breeders post pictures of (only in my mind), I have in
the past posted pics on different sites but no longer do so much,
as most people do not want to see the same pics over and
over again.

Old 07-15-2006, 05:13 PM   #33
Bahamut
I guess sometimes I am a little old fashioned, comes from being raised by my grandparents. I was raised to not open my mouth unless I really know what I am talking about, and that is the way I act here. Many times someone has beaten me to the punch, and if I think they are correct I let it go. BTW I have kept herps for 18 years and worked in retail and wholesale, as well as a college education, if that counts for anything.

Old 07-22-2006, 02:44 AM   #34
NorthernRegius.com
I'm a long time member on other forums & a new member here; not good at lurking.

As someone told me long ago, "The best way to learn is to teach". Yes, there are times when the same old questions can drive one up a wall, but it's new to the poster & I'm careful to respect that. Plus it's another opportunity to explain procedures or pass on information; priceless practice making oneself clear (IMHO).

I like sharing something I love with others so it's all good! -Deb

Old 08-22-2006, 02:23 PM   #35
Dewback
I have been a member of fauna for a few years now but I only post when I have some burning question that has not been answered in the literature or other websites. I am active in other forums and I tend to use the BOI when I am in the process of buying new animals. Lately, I have been reading them for entertainment which has led me to explore the rest of the site.

Old 09-14-2006, 06:35 PM   #36
Boidmom
I post with questions but usually get ignored...

Old 09-14-2006, 07:14 PM   #37
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boidmom
I post with questions but usually get ignored...
Hmmmm. Considering that I have responded to most of them personally (just finished one a few minutes ago, as a matter of fact), I have to disagree with that one.

Old 09-26-2006, 04:40 PM   #38
victoria
I am a lurker. Often times I feel I have nothing to contribute to the conversations taking place or something has grabbed my attention ticked me off and feel it is just better to keep my typing fingers away from the board since they have nothing nice to type. Sometimes I find myself googling terminolgy just to understand what a person is saying. Im no expert, just a pet keeper. I love my cold blooded friends, My alligator and I watch television together, we have mind conversations. Maybe one day Ill write a book called conversations with my alligator. My Ball python and I read the fauna forums together, she feels just like I do about typing. OK, I dont know that she is a she but I feel that she is a she ;-) Just like Fatso, the alligator I mean, is a he. My leo, just curiously watches almost everything I do but he doesnt like for me to handle him much .. cant figure that one out. Guess he's anti social. My leather back wants me to set him free, I can feel it. Every time I feed him he says woman why did u pluck me outta me muck .. take me back please. Im much to selfish. My latest addition an albino cornsnake is still is getting used to me, I believe we will make fast friends as I adore him. Soon I'm sure another friend is gonna call out to me... It's hard to choose, Im battling snake or lizard, Im leaning toward snake but a couple lizards have caught my eye. Oh I think I didnt vote.
Victoria

Old 09-28-2006, 01:25 AM   #39
christopher66
Quote:
Originally Posted by victoria
My leather back wants me to set him free, I can feel it. Every time I feed him he says woman why did u pluck me outta me muck .. take me back please. Im much to selfish.
Victoria
Would you please clarify what animal your speaking about here.
I don't want to risk a guess.
Thank you.

Old 09-28-2006, 11:21 AM   #40
victoria
Christopher,
A terminology thing again. Its actually called a soft shell turtle. People in this area call them leatherbacks.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!