BOI Button on User Posts - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 03-02-2010, 12:48 AM   #11
Twizted Paths
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utta View Post
Yeea, I get it now. And I'm guessing what DAND suggested would have legal ramifications due to possible loss of business and you could get sued. Correct?

Look what we do for membership drives & then think about if somebody actually tried to sue him & forcibly shut down or hurt this site over such bs

Old 03-02-2010, 01:09 AM   #12
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utta View Post
Yeea, I get it now. And I'm guessing what DAND suggested would have legal ramifications due to possible loss of business and you could get sued. Correct?
No, I'm not worried about that aspect of it. Providing links to threads about someone on this site doesn't particularly impose any legal issues.

As for Dand's suggestion, I guess it depends on whether or not the search routine can forward the thread icon for the link display.

Old 03-02-2010, 01:12 AM   #13
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizted Paths View Post
Can you open the tags back up so that the posts could be tagged with the person's user name, legal name & if applicable business name?
Tags have a very serious drawback in that they can be abused by the members making up tags, and there is no way to track down who is doing the abuses. Which because of substantial abuses, with no way to specifically halt the person or persons abusing them, was the reason I had to disable that function. Until or unless there is a way to halt such abuses, I'm not about to open that up again and then have to spend an hour or so cleaning up the gargage people were putting in there.

Old 03-02-2010, 01:23 AM   #14
Utta
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
No, I'm not worried about that aspect of it. Providing links to threads about someone on this site doesn't particularly impose any legal issues.

As for Dand's suggestion, I guess it depends on whether or not the search routine can forward the thread icon for the link display.
Can't you imprint the icon to foreward the user to the biggest of each thread? Say i have a bad guy thread on me that's 50 pages vs one that's 2, can you foreward twisted to the 50 page BOI thread when she clicks on the x?

Old 03-02-2010, 01:24 AM   #15
Twizted Paths
Ok, I thought it was trackable. I understand why that would be a bad idea.

How do we get tags added?

Old 03-02-2010, 01:28 AM   #16
Twizted Paths
That wouldn't be right, that 2 pager might have very relevant info and not everybody scrolls down to the bottom of the page to check for related posts.

Ps

z

Old 03-02-2010, 01:33 AM   #17
Utta
Quote:
That wouldn't be right, that 2 pager might have very relevant info and not everybody scrolls down to the bottom of the page to check for related posts.

Ps

z
I know that it might have important info. But its more likley that the 50 page BOI thread will have more info in it. Another thing is have it open all of the threads and just make new tabs for each thread. That's a butload of coding tho

Old 03-02-2010, 01:56 AM   #18
Twizted Paths
I only read the long ones completely for entertainment. When I'm researching someone I check the shortest ones first. It has to be a really special animal for me to wade through a long thread, otherwise I only go about three pages deep plus the last two or so.

Old 03-02-2010, 01:57 AM   #19
Twizted Paths
And if I poked a button on here and it auto opened a bunch of tabs on me I'd be flaming angry.

Old 03-02-2010, 02:09 AM   #20
Utta
Quote:
And if I poked a button on here and it auto opened a bunch of tabs on me I'd be flaming angry.
So what'd be diffrent? Lol jk Bell. <3

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!