PLEASE everybody take a second to read this post - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 07-24-2003, 03:56 PM   #1
evansnakes
PLEASE everybody take a second to read this post

I have done what I said I would do. As of tonight, on the home page of my website (to save money on hosting a new one) there will be a red link that says "Fight anti reptile laws". If you click on this link it will take you to a registration page that will allow you to enter your info. Nobody will have access to this info as it is not stored, but rather sent to me via secure email. I will store this info here in files for every state that I get info from. In the event that there is a need for combating anti reptile legislation in your state, you will contacted and then if you aggree to do so, your name will be used to fight these laws or you may be contacted to sign petitions or support lobbying, etc. BUT, nothing will ever be done with your info without your express permission.

ALSO, we have a feature for changing your info. If you move, chnage phone numbers, etc., please go back to this form and input your new info as an update.

I hope that you guys will help me make this a usefull tool and spread the word that it exists. I will advertise it at shows and on the net to try to get as much response as we can. I want to do what I can to help everyone without killing myself in the process. I am in contact with many people and many attorneys and groups in several states on a daily basis keeping track of what is happening. I will also be talking to PIJAC shortly.

Thanks for reading this. Rich, can we please leave this up for awhile? Evan Stahl

www.evanstahlreptiles.com

Old 07-24-2003, 07:12 PM   #2
evansnakes
The link is now up and running on my other site www.micbexpo.com

Old 07-25-2003, 02:46 PM   #3
ms_terese
Evan,

Can the link to your form be put on other sites as well to increase exposure?

Old 07-25-2003, 06:35 PM   #4
evansnakes
Anyone that wants to is welcome to put a link anywhere they would like to get people to that page. If you want to put my site(s) address' that is fine. If you want to put just the address for that page, that is fine too. Evan

Old 07-28-2003, 08:27 PM   #5
Classic Dum's
Evan I am curious. Lets take for example this last investigation and all the home invasions F@W did. Now when somehow you get mixed up in one of theinvestigations and home invasions by the authorities how are you going to protect this info so curtisy of you they dont get detailed lists, with addys phones, numbers, emails etc of people to go harrass. To me this idea seems like something better suited for www.PIJAC.org then you or I. Because the simple fact is, if they decide to come take your white sided black rats or albinos etc. theyll find this list and I am sure it will be taken. You know as well as I that many of the home searches done over the Columbus raid were bull s&^%. So maybe someday for a bulls^%$ reason theyll do the same to you and in the process find this list. Which to them is nothing more then a detailed list of people to go harrass. You do know they confiscated and searched several computers during that raid dont you? So good intentions but I think its a bad idea to complile that kind of info.

Old 07-28-2003, 11:43 PM   #6
evansnakes
Jason,

1)my house was not searched because they had no reason to search it as I am a law abiding citizen that they were unable to entrap.

2) Even if they did search my house (they searched people's houses Jason, they had warrants signed by judges, that is not home invasion) it would be illegal for them to take any materials not specified in the warrant that are not product of illegal activity.

3) It is in very poor taste of you to fill my attempt to help people with this kind of paronoid statements and accusations. It is offensive that you would try to sabotage what I am doing in this manner. If you have something to say to me you can do it in person, by phone or via email. This is bull#### on your part.

Old 07-29-2003, 12:01 AM   #7
evansnakes
I also forgot to mention that as Jason told everyone that I was storing the info on my hard drive that was news to me as I am not. Thanks. Evan

Old 07-29-2003, 02:06 AM   #8
Classic Dum's
Quote:
It is in very poor taste of you to fill my attempt to help people with this kind of paronoid statements and accusations. It is offensive that you would try to sabotage what I am doing in this manner. If you have something to say to me you can do it in person, by phone or via email. This is bull#### on your part.
A little touchy are we evan? I am not trying to savatage anything, just bringing a valid point to light.
Quote:
it would be illegal for them to take any materials not specified in the warrant that are not product of illegal activity.
Ya ya ya I know and its also illegal for agents on the job to smoke weed and snot lines, but it didnt stop these agents.
Quote:
Jason told everyone that I was storing the info on my hard drive that was news to me as I am not.
No all I said was that they searched some hard drives. Now every time you down load the info and copy it it leaves a mark within your computer even though its been deleted, were you aware of that? Unless you have completly wiped out your hard drive, since the last time it was wiped out with the right program every single thing you have done and tyed and read on that computer is still there. So maybe your not keeping this list on your hard drive but unless you are erasing in full your entire hard drive everytime you dowlaod or do whatever you are going to do with the names the info will still be on your computer. You just have to know how to get it out. You know single thing you have sent to you recycle bin and thought you erased is still there dont you? Well know ya do.

Quote:
my house was not searched because they had no reason to search it as I am a law abiding citizen that they were unable to entrap.
From your words there I can only assume you are saying that everyone who got cited in ohio and all 56 people who had there homes invaded deserved it because their a bunch of law breakers? Is that what you are saying?
Quote:
I am a law abiding citizen that they were unable to entrap
hummm so you must be implying that every single person from that raid entrapped themselves because they were brealing the law?
Cut me a break Evan it could have just as easily been you or I. They went after every single regular in that show and if they couldnt find a law broken, they made something up. There dropping the charges against alot of the people they cited. why? because the charges were bull, just like all the charges from Lees raid that got dropped. What was it at Lees show 50 some charges written, all but 2 were dropped. now why would they write so many just to drop them? because they were hoping no one would hire a lawyer and when people did, they found out the charges were bull and they were dropped.

I am not trying to rain on your parade dude, you got good intentions. I think a list such as that would be better with pijac or some kind of third party entity that isnt going to get wound up in one of these raids. If that list was to fall into the wrong hands it could do alot of damage. So before you get all pissy try to see it from tha angle I am looking at it from.

Old 07-29-2003, 04:39 AM   #9
evansnakes
Jason, I have no desire to argue with you. Why don't you find somebody else to hassle. I am doing what I want to do and what I think is best. You do what you want. I have not ever said one word about you and have no interest in what you do. You keep saying that it would be better to support PIJAC. Do you? Have you given them $? Have you raised money for them? I think you have not. I have. I have both made donations of product and money to support PIJAC. I will also be doing what I feel is best. Thanks.

Old 07-29-2003, 04:45 AM   #10
kenster
Quote:
Originally posted by evansnakes
The link is now up and running on my other site www.micbexpo.com

Not quite Evan, you actaully have to go to:

http://www.micbexpo.com/index.htm

To see the link..just something i'd thought i'd pass on to you...

now time to go fill out my info.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!