For Sale IGUANA DELICATISSIMA - Lesser Antillean US CAPTIVE BRED - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Iguanas

Notices

Old 09-02-2018, 12:46 PM   #1
ReptileFunction
IGUANA DELICATISSIMA - Lesser Antillean US CAPTIVE BRED

Hello, My name is Renata Carlseen and I have successfully bred Iguana Delicatissima in the US - US captive bred babies available NOW!!!

Not hybrids - PURE Iguana Delicatissima!!

Iguana delicatissima AKA Lesser Antillean Iguana and is critically endangered species of iguana, please read my post.

Single iguana $3500 (I have older ages available)

2 iguanas $6K (I have different ages available)

CONTACT DIRECTLY: SALES@REPTILEFUNCTION.COM
If you wish to get more iguanas please contact me directly.
I have holdbacks from 2017 and a few 2018 from 3 different clutches.

Why buy from me?
Support: I have first hand knowledge and tips on successful husbandry in captivity. I will provide one-on-one Q&A on all your delicatissima related questions as long as you own one of my iguanas. So if you ever need any advice or guidance I make myself available to all my clients and will share my personal experience. These iguanas are for experienced keepers and have specific care needs. Not a beginner's iguanas.
Watch my Youtube Video:
https://youtu.be/QPK9EwzirF4

Most people still have not heard of iguana delicatissima since they have not been available for pet trade.

What makes these iguanas rare is the fact they are being slowly extinct in the wild due to many reasons.

Some of the reasons are:
land development on the islands,
destruction of the native habitat,
invasive predators like cats and dogs,
inbreeding with common green iguana that dilutes the gene pool,
poachers,
and due to lack of education local people sometimes kill them as well.

It is a very sad times for the iguana delicatissima and they are heading towards extinction faster than they can reproduce. These iguanas also lay small clutches compared to green iguanas.
If nothing is done they may be gone in 20 years or so.

Since I had acquired my pairing Don Juan and Venus over 4 years ago I have fell in love with the species and They stole my heart.
All my iguanas are legally obtained with CITES paperwork and captive bred.
I also support Conservation in the Wild!

These species are unique and require specific care, diet and husbandry.

Since there is not a lot of information available about the species I wanted to learn more about them myself.

I travelled to the Lesser Antillean islands and observed and studied their behavior, diet and habitat in order to understand how to keep these iguanas successfully happy in captivity.

Generally I would say that these iguanas are more shy and not as aggressive as green iguanas. They are little smaller species and can become very friendly and tame like Don Juan. My Don Juan is the tamest iguana delicatissima known in the World!

Working with these iguanas will require some time and patience and specific approach.

If you would like to get one of my babies I will share my personal knowledge and guide you through the husbandry including cage set-ups and diet.

I will provide life time support for all your delicatissima related questions as long as you own one of my iguanas.

Each captive bred baby is extremely important and significant for the survival of the species.

I want you to succeed and have a great companion like Don Juan.

I have tons of photos and videos on my:
instagram account: @reptile_function
Facebook Page: Reptile Function
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 09-02-2018, 08:25 PM   #2
Clemc84
Wow!!! Great job!!!

Old 09-02-2018, 09:23 PM   #3
LizardLord456
Great job!!!! Really truely beautiful

Old 09-02-2018, 09:32 PM   #4
This is one of the most amazing species available. I have a 2 year old pair and they're quickly becoming one of my favorite lizards. What Renata has accomplished with this species is nothing short of incredible. So cool!

Old 09-02-2018, 09:57 PM   #5
ReptileFunction
Thank you guys! It is very rewarding to work with these species. They are truly amazing iguanas and can make exceptional friendly pets. Their demeanor is shy but friendly and non-aggressive. My male Don Juan became very curious and inquisitive at age 2. Now at 4.5 years old He is a lover and not a fighter! haha

If you want to have a chance to work with the species I will give you all the necessary tips to be successful. Personally I had to find out the hard way and had to figure out what works and what doesn't work for iguana delicatissima. They need a few specifics to make them happy, relaxed and content and it is a bit different approach than green iguana care.

These are not the beginners iguana.
  Contact User Check User
Old 09-18-2018, 02:27 PM   #6
ReptileFunction
Availability update:

Available: 11 months old (2017) and 5 month old (2018).

Thank you!
Renata
  Contact User Check User
Old 09-21-2018, 07:28 PM   #7
jforce
Incredible...Congratulations!

Old 10-29-2018, 07:53 AM   #8
ReptileFunction
Update: I have a new clutch babies available from my male Don Juan. Thank you!
  Contact User Check User
Old 10-30-2018, 06:36 PM   #9
Drsam
great Job Renita you always do get things.

Old 11-08-2018, 05:17 PM   #10
ReptileFunction
Currently available:

Currently available:
2 *one year old
7 *6 month old
12 *1 month old

If you would like to purchase more than one I can offer discounts.
Please contact directly by email listed in the post.
Thank you!
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
iguana