Bad Guy Beware of Ashtyn RANCE !!! - Page 16 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-02-2018, 02:11 PM   #151
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Bradley View Post
Does anyone have a connection with Repticon folks to confirm if Ashtyn is still allowed to vend? I’m definitely cancelling my show reservations if this is the case.
Which show? It doesn't appear that he is on the list for the few shows I looked at.

Old 06-03-2018, 11:16 AM   #152
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by scales69 View Post
Looks like I will never see my money.....lol
Look at it this way Terry.

You are out the 1K but this guy will probably never ask you any favors with any help importing again which is a good thing.

Old 06-04-2018, 07:26 PM   #153
RobThomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Bradley View Post
Does anyone have a connection with Repticon folks to confirm if Ashtyn is still allowed to vend? I’m definitely cancelling my show reservations if this is the case.
"Vendor Ashtyn Rance
Booth # P (30-35)"

This was from the Nashville show in Feb.

http://repticon.com/tennessee/nashville/

Old 06-04-2018, 07:44 PM   #154
bcr229
I think he's talking about future shows, not the ones before Ashtyn's arrest on April 3rd.

Old 06-04-2018, 08:14 PM   #155
Snake-Queen
That was a past show.

Old 06-16-2018, 10:30 PM   #156
Jamiehillsnakesoftheworld
Ashtyn rance is a terrible. He has been in and out of trouble with fwc for years. He buys reptiles, but can't even provide proper housing. His reptiles are sold sick or dying. Just recently in georgia he released reptiles just so he couldn't get caught with them. He is doing the same as he did in Florida and it's a shame no one will stop him. He puts a bad name on anyone who deals in reptiles. His case in Florida was under investigation for months. How he got away with it is unclear. But some of the concerned snakes he had were seized. During that time. Fwc didn't not release them back to ashtyn but released them to a third party. That third party I've been in contact with. He has made threats to them, because they refuse to give those animals back. I was shown what was said. And I'm disgusted with it. I advices them to speak with fwc and inform them on what is going on. Ashtyn rance needs to be stopped. And banned from selling or buying reptiles. Repticon does not need to add him back to upcoming shows. That's just bad business. He has caused shops to not be able to sell animals because of investigations in the past. Reptiles sat for months in the shops. When I did dealings with him. Most of the reptiles I received were sick or dead. Cost a lot to bring them back. He also stole reptiles from stores in Miami. It's such a shame he is still able to do what he does. And the third party dealing with him currently I feel so terrible.

Old 07-08-2018, 09:08 AM   #157
Black Adder
Very interesting article on the web this morning
Read it all the way through but seems there are many loopholes than people like Rance ( mentioned by name in it!) can jump through
Knew South Carolina was lax but what a mess they have made for themselves!

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/ne...214191799.html

Old 07-08-2018, 09:21 AM   #158
JCCS
I just saw this. I will say the shows are better now than they were in the past, but it's still very loose. I used to see people with 20-30 baby copperheads in pickle jars selling them for like $10 each. Black mambas in deli containers loose on the table. It was nuts. To be honest, there needs to be significant regulation on wild animal trade and venomous.

Old 07-08-2018, 11:34 AM   #159
Hermitharry
Its so funny how people who are breaking laws are always like they choose to come after me instead of the killers rapist and drug dealers um no they go after everyone breaking a law

Sent from my LGL83BL using Tapatalk

Old 07-09-2018, 11:45 AM   #160
snowgyre
This article was released a few days ago that discusses South Carolina's illegal reptile trade. Ashtyn Rance a few other unsavories were mentioned.

https://www.thestate.com/latest-news...214231444.html

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!