Clark Tucker of PowerHouse Reptiles - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-10-2008, 10:23 AM   #31
Cat_72
Aw dangit Harald....and here I was wading thru all of those threads, so proud of myself for finally finding this....

[QUOTEJoeCaponeIII]Thisi s Joe at MKR and you get aken for 10,000 and you tel me how you feel. I will bring the gecko industry single handedly if Mr. Plank doesn't give me my money. There is alot of unclaimed money fliowing in the gecko industry. Need I say more Mike? This is big business.[/quote]

Old 06-10-2008, 10:24 AM   #32
Gary O
I am not worried about him putting the quality people out of business. I will say this here. You get what you pay for. And also Honesty and respect goes a long ways in this community.

Like I said I seen some animals in his ads I really liked. But I knew Powerhouse was owned by Joe. I will not buy them. I will go to BHB, RDR, and what not. Or go to the other breeders out there that stand tall and proud.

I remember him saying he wante people to start breeding these animals and not pay a bunch for the breeders. But if he seen these people sell the babies for less then he was he would just lower the price again.

Ethics play a huge part in this business too.

My money will be spent elsewhere.

Old 06-10-2008, 10:25 AM   #33
Cat_72
Um, Harald? That second link you poseted doesn't seem to work....

Old 06-10-2008, 10:37 AM   #34
Cat_72
Now that I found it....here's another one of my favorite Joe Capone quotes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCaponeIII
Now I am going record. Because of Ed and Jasballs I am loading up my barrels and am going to poing them at Ian I will dump 150 snakes at once on him and ruin him.
He's pissy with Ed and John, so he's gonna dump a bunch of snakes on the market to ruin Ian, who cares what it does to everyone else....

Yeah, Clark....you picked a winner in this partner. Especially considering he had already said he had his eye on the gecko market next....

Old 06-10-2008, 10:46 AM   #35
Get Sum
Clark Tucker

I am fairly new to the Ball Python Breeding hobby. I called Clark on the phone last week to purchase one of his lower end morphs. He spent over an hour on the phone with me answering questions and offering advice that I am sure will come in handy. I will not be receiving my new Mojave for at least a couple of weeks, to give her time to feed and get started, but that is what I would expect from the sale of a new born. My impression of Clark is that he is an honest stand-up guy. I am certain I will be purchasing more morphs from him in the near future. In my business I charge clients $250.00/ hr for consulting. Clark spent that time with me free of charge and only talked about the snakes I was interested in. He didn't try to sell me on what he had available. For those of you that don't like him because you can not compete with his prices- Get a life!

Old 06-10-2008, 10:58 AM   #36
Ed Clark
Jason, clark may have treated you well and thats cool.

Bottom line is that Joe Capone is the business owner and your money goes to Joe Capone.

I dont think its a matter of any of us competing with Joe Capone, there are buyers at all levels.

Do you know anything about Joe Capone?

Old 06-10-2008, 10:59 AM   #37
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Sum
I am fairly new to the Ball Python Breeding hobby. I called Clark on the phone last week to purchase one of his lower end morphs. He spent over an hour on the phone with me answering questions and offering advice that I am sure will come in handy. I will not be receiving my new Mojave for at least a couple of weeks, to give her time to feed and get started, but that is what I would expect from the sale of a new born. My impression of Clark is that he is an honest stand-up guy. I am certain I will be purchasing more morphs from him in the near future. In my business I charge clients $250.00/ hr for consulting. Clark spent that time with me free of charge and only talked about the snakes I was interested in. He didn't try to sell me on what he had available. For those of you that don't like him because you can not compete with his prices- Get a life!
Um...did you actually read any of this thread?

The general thought, I believe, was that it was a shame that Clark got mixed up with scum like Joe. The time Clark spent with you is what I would expect from any decent breeder. You're just lucky you didn't get stuck talking to his partner, Joe....but then it seems everyone wants to try to distance themselves from him in the public eye.

Old 06-10-2008, 11:06 AM   #38
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
Um, Harald? That second link you poseted doesn't seem to work....
Hmmm - it still works for me (but I did the original search on this computer). That is a link to Joe's other posts. If anybody is having a problem with the link, and wants to view his posts, just use the first link to find THAT post and click on his username to access his profile. Click on Find all posts by JoeCaponeIII.

Old 06-10-2008, 11:15 AM   #39
Get Sum
No Ed, I do not know Joe Capone. I am fairly new to this business/ hobby. I only state things as I see them. When I called on the add, I spoke to Clark Tucker. He is the one that helped me and answered my questions, he is the one I am giving praise to. I have had bad business partners in the past, we all have. I would only ask for people to judge my character if I were the one they were in direct contact with. This thread originally started regarding Clark Tucker. My collection will consist of about 20 snakes mostly co-doms. If I can save a little along the way- Great! A hundred here- Two hundred there starts to add up!

-Jay

Old 06-10-2008, 11:28 AM   #40
Cat_72
I see your point, Jason....the only problem being that Joe isn't a PAST bad partner, he is currently a partner....and the BPs are his. Perhaps you would be well served to do some research on ol Joey, and see if that's the kind of person you really want to be giving your hard-earned money to.

Best of luck.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!