Clark Tucker of PowerHouse Reptiles - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-12-2008, 05:24 PM   #71
RJK890
Someone has got to set it

There is a market for everything! Even if I were to sell my Spider, Pastel, Pinstripe, Lesser, Albino, or other base morphs(males of course,) to Petco, or in a petshop of my own for $79.00-$179.00, and Bee's, Blast's, Albino Spiders, etc. for $279.00-$379.00, I could make back my investment and a profit in the end, while providing great animals to some good people that otherwise may never be able to purchase an animal like that. It would expand this hobby, and eventually that is where it's going.
That is not my intention, but Would that make me a scumbag? I think not.
There will still be those that purchase the same snakes at double or triple the price from the big boys just because they can afford to, and believe that they have a more selective breeding stock. The big boys are far ahead of the rest of the industry, having 5+ morph genes in one snake. They will continue to make their money selling ground floor project animals, and new mutations. There is room for everyone at the table, just not for greedy people who want the whole pie.

To answer Casey, who cares? Does Wal-Mart give two craps about K-Mart, or Sears? Should they? It is obvious that you only want posts that support your rants, and lynchings. I honestly don't care if Joe, or anyone is selling Pieds for $500, or $100 and I need to sell them at $400, or $90. The BP mafia might be on a war path, but not everyone cares about your spilled milk over what someone else sells "their" snakes for in a free market.
This thread started with positive feedback from a transaction, and the same members as always come out pounding their chest and stomping their feet, because they don't like the seller for personal reasons.
Who cares what Joe, or anybody else sells for this year, next year, two years ago, or two years from now? People complained when spiders were $5000, $3000, $2000, $1000, $500, and they will continue to complain.
If I bought a Pied today for $1800 and next year they are selling for $500. So what, Who cares! I'm not going to go online bitching about how I now have to sell 4 Pieds to make $2000 back. Let alone hang the seller who sold me the Pied at $1800, because now he is selling his at $500. It's a free market, and if you can't deal with the risks then don't spend more money than you can afford to lose, or wait on making back, whether it takes 2 or 20 clutches!
If some of y'all don't like the sellers, don't buy from them. The BOI is here to provide actual feedback. If you don't like the feedback, start your own thread titled, "Why I hate So and so, even though I've never actually done business with them."

Old 06-12-2008, 05:49 PM   #72
Casey Hulse
Robert you are missing my point. Joe is out to HURT, on purpose, other breeders. Period. It may be ok with you, it is probably ok with you that Lowes and Home Depot are trying to drive mom and pop True Values out of business also. I don't like it though.
Quote:
To answer Casey, who cares?
I do.

Old 06-12-2008, 06:13 PM   #73
MikeCurtin
I, for one, think it's GREAT when someone has a good experience. I also think it's great when they share that experience with others. I also think it's great when others who have had not so good experiences, or who have knowledge of such experiences remind the community why certain people are not well liked. This is the beauty of America!

Old 06-12-2008, 07:32 PM   #74
varnyard
Robert, you do not have a clue. And who says Joe has legal registered business? I would not doubt that it is not a legal registered business. I will also add, Powerhouse belongs to Joe, he made it after the so called split with the Wes. Robert, your boy did not come into it till later, and I do not doubt he knows the truth about his new found partner.

Let's not forget Joe's stunt on RA, it was blackmail, well at least as the story goes. It will be a three way partnership before long, Wendy Childs will be out of prison before long.

Robert, it sounds like your boy Clark has himself in a hell of a fix, and as they say birds of a feather.

Old 06-12-2008, 07:41 PM   #75
Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK890
There is a market for everything! Even if I were to sell my Spider, Pastel, Pinstripe, Lesser, Albino, or other base morphs(males of course,) to Petco, or in a petshop of my own for $79.00-$179.00, and Bee's, Blast's, Albino Spiders, etc. for $279.00-$379.00, I could make back my investment and a profit in the end, while providing great animals to some good people that otherwise may never be able to purchase an animal like that. It would expand this hobby, and eventually that is where it's going.

Petco would NOT buy from you. They have jobbers they contract with at the corporate level for their animals and then distribute animals procured by the jobber to the various store locations. They don't buy off the street - not even from local "breeders".

Old 06-12-2008, 09:46 PM   #76
nextworld3
Quote:
That is not my intention, but Would that make me a scumbag? I think not.
There will still be those that purchase the same snakes at double or triple the price from the big boys just because they can afford to, and believe that they have a more selective breeding stock. The big boys are far ahead of the rest of the industry, having 5+ morph genes in one snake. They will continue to make their money selling ground floor project animals, and new mutations. There is room for everyone at the table, just not for greedy people who want the whole pie.

To answer Casey, who cares? Does Wal-Mart give two craps about K-Mart, or Sears? Should they? It is obvious that you only want posts that support your rants, and lynchings. I honestly don't care if Joe, or anyone is selling Pieds for $500, or $100 and I need to sell them at $400, or $90. The BP mafia might be on a war path, but not everyone cares about your spilled milk over what someone else sells "their" snakes for in a free market.
This thread started with positive feedback from a transaction, and the same members as always come out pounding their chest and stomping their feet, because they don't like the seller for personal reasons.
Who cares what Joe, or anybody else sells for this year, next year, two years ago, or two years from now? People complained when spiders were $5000, $3000, $2000, $1000, $500, and they will continue to complain.
If I bought a Pied today for $1800 and next year they are selling for $500. So what, Who cares! I'm not going to go online bitching about how I now have to sell 4 Pieds to make $2000 back. Let alone hang the seller who sold me the Pied at $1800, because now he is selling his at $500. It's a free market, and if you can't deal with the risks then don't spend more money than you can afford to lose, or wait on making back, whether it takes 2 or 20 clutches!
If some of y'all don't like the sellers, don't buy from them. The BOI is here to provide actual feedback. If you don't like the feedback, start your own thread titled, "Why I hate So and so, even though I've never actually done business with them."

Just out of curiosity, why are defending this pos? Why isn't he here himself? You can buy from him all you want. Just don't cry here when you get screwed, i will happily be the first to say I told you so. Also Joe is the only person I have ever posted negative about on here and will continue to do so. I don't think he crashed the market. He doesn't have that much power. He is STILL A POS for doing what he did (screwing his customers to get back at a few breeders) and lying about all the animals he had. He dropped prices on morphs he didn't even have in stock and then went around offering ridiculously low prices to other breeders "since the market came down" in hopes to get some and fill his orders. Ask him how many people he had to refund since he didn't have the animals to fill the orders on animals he tanked the price of. THIS IS A FACT!

Also he flat out told me he hoped to put Ian, Brian B and Ralph out of business as well as the other large breeders. He said these people had no chance to compete with him since their overhead was to much. Anyone who intentionally tries to take another persons livelihood away from them (especially when they love what they do and have done some much for this industry) is the ultimate scumbag in my book!

Old 06-12-2008, 11:06 PM   #77
varnyard
Robert, I hate to say it, but it looks like you are going through the BOI choosing what scumbag you are going to deal with next.

As for dealing with Clark, well that's fine, but you cannot separate him from Joe, it's like the clip from TV. "You can't have one without the other". You are supporting a known scumbag, and the same can be said about Clark. Why in the hell would you want to support the garbage in our hobby?

As for being breeders that are here to bump the competition, well that is not the case with me. I do not breed ball pythons, but I do know a scumbag when I see one. A spade is still a spade, and it will never be a heart.

Old 07-29-2008, 02:34 AM   #78
jo49er
I have to agree with everyone in regards to Capone being no better than slime. My daughter purchased a Bumble Bee Ball Python that has a severe neurological disorder. It came this way and has progressively gotten worse to the point of this snake being a $1400.00 pet. Breeding is out of the question....and all I get from Clark Tucker is how dare I threaten his partner. He then offered up a generous (not) $700.00 credit to be applied towards the purchase of a new snake. Buyer beware........

Old 07-29-2008, 08:27 AM   #79
Junkyard
Hey now, keep Walmart out of this thread. I buy my toilet paper and dog food from them.

I have defended a couple of people, I figured they were good folks and recommended everyone to them. Turns out I was very wrong about them. Sure Joe did not crash the whole BP market, just the Mojave BP market. They obviously bred too many and wanted to move them out as fast as possible and they did so without a care on the world. If you think Clark is a good guy, that is fine, but it seems that he is not the one producing these animals.

Just out of curiosity, who guarantees these animals? Clark or Joe? Looking back on Jeff Gee's thread, if Clark is stamping a guarantee on these animals, he is setting himself up for disaster.

As for how you plan on selling any animals you produce, how far below the market are you planning on going? Remember, keeping it within competition is good business, cutting cost 75% so you get all the business, it is just going to stir people up and cause a thread like this one to appear, about you. It is your business, your animals, your decision on the prices you set. I always believed that about Joe, but I do not think it is good to kill the hobbiest who is keeping your company in business.

Just my observation.

Old 07-29-2008, 10:21 AM   #80
shrap
Quote:
"Why I hate So and so, even though I've never actually done business with them."
I dont have to meet Charles Manson to know I dont want to have a sleep over with him....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!