THE SNAKE PIT IS CLOSING IT'S RETAIL STORE! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 01-29-2003, 06:04 PM   #1
Neil Gubitz
THE SNAKE PIT IS CLOSING IT'S RETAIL STORE!

Well, folks.... I hate to say it, but, I'm CLOSING the RETAIL store!.... It's been a GREAT 5 years, but, things are ever-progressing upward!.... It seems that in this day and age, not many people are wanting to come into the store to buy animals, just food.... you can't keep a store open on food alone.... the INTERNET, the SHOWS and WHOLESALING are where it's at (for ME, anyway).... without that OVERHEAD (over my head), I'd be sitting pretty!
Rest ASSURED, though.... I am NOT getting out of the business!.... FAR FROM IT!.... I will now be doing A LOT of shows, and even more on the internet!.... I will keep the SAME phone number (1-813-935-0445, with an answering machine on it, this time), I will keep the SAME NAME (The Snake Pit), I will keep the SAME BUSINESS ADDY (TampaSnakePit.com), and I will keep the SAME HIGH-QUALITY ANIMALS AND SERVICE you have all become used to!.... NOTHING is going to change, except for the fact that I can stay home in the mornings!.... lol

With this in mind, I've got to DUMP a lot of my used tanks, cages, accessories, and dry goods (the animals are coming with me to my NEW *UNDISCLOSED* FACILITY!).... if any of you reading this are in the Tampa area, please stop in, and you can have these items for REAL CHEAP MONEY!
I've got one hand-built cage that is 8' long by 4' tall by 3' deep.... It is VERY HEAVY, VERY STURDY, and will be VERY DIFFICULT to get OUT of the store (but, we DID get it IN?).... come equipped with 6 or 7 very muscular men (and a truck, unless you want to take it apart and carry it home piecemeal??), if you want it!.... It cost me $800 to have built, and I will BLOW IT OUT for $350 (no tax)!.... I've only had it up for less than 6 months with ONLY a bunch of very clean Uro's in there.... You've got to see this thing!.... It's simply gorgeous!.... Definitely "living room furniture-type"!

This store has been an absolute pleasure for me, and I will probably miss it, terribly.... but, things are always changing for the better!.... Now, I'll get a chance to meet a lot of you folks at the shows.... SEEYA THERE!!

....Neil

Old 01-29-2003, 09:46 PM   #2
HerpVenue
Congratulations Neal.

Some of you might ask why I congratulate a store closing.....
The way I see it.. He is sorta expanding. He is gonna deal more with animals that dog food here and there.

So A BIG CONGRATULATIONS.
If you do the same amount of sales without the overhead.....well you know how business goes.. so I do not need to tell you.

Old 01-29-2003, 11:28 PM   #3
Neil Gubitz
Rich.... let me put it to you this way.... since April, '02, when I started my, "The PrintROOM" account.... I've posted 480 individual pictures of animals for sale on that photo-hosting site.... I have sold them ALL, BUT 20 or so.... and 90% of them were sold on the net!.... that's not bad!

Without the overhead, I will be able to LOWER all my prices, too.... did ya ever think about that??

The only thing that's going to change, is that I can now spend all day by the pool!.... What a bitch, huh??.... lol

BTW.... For all those that have, "The PrintROOM" accounts.... as of FEBRUARY 1, 2003.... THEY WILL NO LONGER OFFER THIRD-PARTY HOSTING!.... Which means, you will NOT be able to use your pics on Fauna, KS or Ebay, or any other site!.... I found, "Villagephotos.com", which is very reasonable, and pretty easy to use!.... Hey! I DID IT???.... lmao

....Neil

Old 01-30-2003, 06:00 AM   #4
Kevin Kaley
Well i am personally sorry to hear that, because their are so few quality reptile stores, but i can understand your overhead and the internet.

Old 01-30-2003, 07:49 PM   #5
CheriS
Great! just when we get Kris Kringle redirected for next year, you go and move!

I can understand the overhead bit, especially in Tampa.

Good Luck to you Neil, will see you at the shows ( I have many times before)

Old 01-30-2003, 08:22 PM   #6
Neil Gubitz
Cheri.... That was very sweet!.... Thanks!

If you ever need me.... TampaSnakePit.com is all it takes!

My first set of shows are going to be in Boca Raton on Feb 16th, then on to the Tampa show on March 8-9.... stop by and say hi??....

....Neil

Old 01-30-2003, 10:10 PM   #7
HerpMasters Inc.
Sorry to see it go

Neil:

Just wanted to wish you the best in your new endeavors. I will see you in Tampa on March 8-9. I am glad that I finally got to the legendary Snake Pit of Tampa before it closed its doors. I guess that means that the bumper sticker you gave me is a collectors item now LOL. Good luck, Mike

Old 01-30-2003, 11:29 PM   #8
Neil Gubitz
Mike.... Are you kidding me??.... That bumper sticker will DOUBLE the value of ANY CAR it's on!!.... Cops don't even give tickets out when they see that sticker!.... Heck, you MIGHT even win the Lottery!!

Besides.... read the very bottom left.... it says, "Do NOT remove under penalty of LAW!".... If you do, the "Counting Sheep" will rip you to pieces!!.... Grrrrr.... lmao

....Neil

Old 01-30-2003, 11:42 PM   #9
Stardust
Neil
Any of your snakes going on sale? grumble grumble, my daughter wants a snake for bday. I am into lizards must be the rebelious thing. corns or rosy is what I have gathered for the easier snakes for starters. Good luck with the net, more time is a good thing.

Old 02-15-2003, 06:40 PM   #10
CheriS
Anyone else getting a email directing to this thread dated today 2/15/03? I will paste it below... its strange as there is nothing here dated today and it says its from neil, Jr ??

Return-path: <nobody@home.herpdns01.com>
Envelope-to: cheri@dalnetmeeting.com
Delivery-date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 14:47:47 -0800
Received: from [64.191.51.37] (helo=home.herpdns01.com)
by sycamore.vosn.net with esmtp (TLSv1ES-CBC3-SHA:168)
(Exim 3.36 #1)
id 18kB63-0006nm-00
Received: from nobody by home.herpdns01.com with local (Exim 3.36 #1)
id 18kB6T-0002Q0-00
for cheri@dalnetmeeting.com; Sat, 15 Feb 2003 17:48:13 -0500
Neil Jr has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - THE SNAKE PIT IS CLOSING IT'S RETAIL STORE! - in the General Business Discussions forum of FaunaClassifieds Forums.

This thread is located at:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...1&goto=newpost

There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the board again.

Yours,
FaunaClassifieds Forums team

Any ideas what is going on?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!