Inquiry Yasser Spitfire Reptiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-14-2010, 05:50 PM   #1
BigTattoo
Yasser Spitfire Reptiles

I came across a thread on the BOI claiming Yasser was a bad guy. But on reading the thread it appears that many here have a very high opinion of Yasser and recommended buying from him for his customer service and the quality of his reptiles. The opinions of the OP were not very good at all. Based on these opinions of Yasser I visited his website and found he had a female Jag Sib for a good price that I thought would be a good mate for my male Carpet. Through his website I inquired about her availability. The only editing I've done is to blank the email addys for privacy reasons, everything else is verbatim. Please note the dates.

Sent: Friday, October 08, 2010 3:59 PM
To: yasser@********.com
Subject: Contact sent through: 2009 BREEDING SEASON UPDATES

Name: Dave "Bigtattoo" Johnston

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090914 Mandriva Linux/1.9.1.3-2mdv2010.0 (2010.0) Ant.com Toolbar 2.0.1 Firefox/3.5.3
Email: Bigtattoo@********.com
Subject: 2009 Female Coastal Jaguar Sibling

Comment:

On Friday, October 8, 2010, 06:59 PM, Dave "Bigtattoo" Johnston wrote:

"2009 Female Coastal Jaguar Sibling Carpet Python. From my Patience X Elvis, Jaguar sibling to Jaguar breeding. She feeds perfectly on thawed fuzzy rats. Incredible lineage and incredible marking and contrast. Great silver eyes too! She'd be great to spice up a Jaguar project! Asking $125 plus shipping. "

Do you still have her for sale. She would be a perfect mate for the male I have. Very interested. Please advise on availability and shipping to 61550

Thanks,

BigT

I finally heard back from him.

YM <Yasser@************.com>
to Bigtattoo@*********.com
date Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 3:33 PM
subject Re: Contact sent through: 2009 BREEDING SEASON UPDATES

hide details Oct 10 (4 days ago)

I do still have her available. I will check on shipping charges and get back to you ASAP.
Thanks.

Yasser

I responded.

from David Johnston <dkjohnst91@*********.com>
to YM <Yasser@**********.com>
date Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 9:09 PM
mailed-by ********.com

hide details Oct 10 (4 days ago)

Hi Yassar,

Thanks for getting back to me. As soon as possible after you advise on total I will make payment through Paypal. is this the Paypal address you want payment made to?

Please advise,

Big T

After 2 days with no reply I followed up with....

from David Johnston <dkjohnst91@********.com>
to YM <Yasser@********.com>
date Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 4:55 AM
mailed-by ********l.com

hide details Oct 12 (3 days ago)

Hi Yasser,

I'm a little concerned in not having heard back from you on total with shipping. I hope all is well on your end. I did read about your son in your blog and hope and pray this is not an issue for you at this time.

You enjoy an excellent reputation both on Kingsnake and Fauna in your professional demeanor, the care and concern for your reptiles and their quality. I am very much looking forward to adding her to my collection. Please advise if there is any issue I should be made aware of.

Thanks,

Big T

He finally replied.

from YM <Yasser@********.com>
to David Johnston <dkjohnst91@********.com>
date Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 2:05 PM

hide details Oct 12 (2 days ago)

David,
Thanks for your concern but all is well here these days for the most part. I've just been working long hours. I can ship for an extra $75 for a total of $200. If paying via paypal please tack on another $6 for Paypal fees. I also take postal money orders or personal checks but all must clear before shipping. You can make payment to my PP account at this email address should you choose to do so.
Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

Yasser

Ok so his shipping charges are way on the high side and I've never been asked to pay Paypal fees before but the snake was a good deal so I went ahead and sent payment.

Here is my Paypal notification of payment.

from service@paypal.com <service@paypal.com>
to David Johnston <bigtattoo@********.com>
date Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 3:18 PM
subject Your payment has been sent
signed-by paypal.com

Images are not displayed.
Display images below - Always display images from service@paypal.com
PayPal
Hello David Johnston,

Your payment for $206.00 USD to yasser@*********.com has been sent.

It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in the Recent Activity list on your Account Overview.

Payment details
Amount: $206.00 USD
Transaction Date: October 12, 2010
Transaction ID: 5AP28558XF962784D

Subject: You've got money!

Yasser, Here you are full payment. Since I am not home days I would like this shipped to my work address as someone is there to receive all day. ************************************** 61550 ATTN: Dave Thanks Big T

Shipping Address:

United States
View the details of this transaction online

Again I have edited the email addy and the shipping address only for privacy reasons.

After making payment as is my custom in these transactions I sent an email to notify of payment and inquire about shipping and also confirm my shipping address.

from David Johnston <dkjohnst91@********.com>
to YM <Yasser@*********.com>
date Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 3:28 PM
mailed-by *********.com

Yasser,

Glad to hear all is well and thanks for getting back to me. I sent payment through Paypal and added the additional $6.00 for a total of $206.00. Since I'm not home days I ask that you ship to my work address as someone is there all day to receive.

************** St.
ATTN: Dave

Please advise on when you can ship at your earliest convenience. I'll await tracking information.

Thanks,

Big T

Normally after sending payment I receive acknoledgement of payment and a time frame for shipping. In not having heard anything further from Yasser I sent the following. This email is a little more terse and curt in tone as I was beginning to have serious concerns.

from David Johnston <dkjohnst91@*********.com>
to YM <Yasser@**********.com>
date Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 11:18 AM
mailed-by *********.com

hide details Oct 13 (2 days ago)

Yasser,

With the premium you charge for shipping, 50% more than I've ever had to pay any other breeder, as well as charging me for your Paypal expenses, the first time I've had that happen. I would expect this would result in expedited shipping and handling. I'm somewhat discouraged to not even receive acknowledgment of payment and a shipping date.

I would very much like and expect that this transaction be completed before week's end. This would mean shipping either today for Thursday delivery or Thursday for Friday. Please advise.

Thanks

Big T

Since sending this last email I have not heard anything at all from Yasser. Note the dates of the payment and today is Oct. 15,2010 time is 4:33 PM CST. That's 2 full days without any acknowledgement of payment, shipping nothing.

I've tried very hard to withhold opinions regarding Yasser other than what might be construed as opinion in my emails. I've merely been trying to post the facts and all email transmissions regarding this transaction.

In the time since I sent payment to Yasser I have found, purchased and recieved 2 other shipments of snakes. One was a black tail cribo I purchased from John Michels of Black Pearl Reptiles. I highly recommend him, his customer service is excellent and his animals are top notch quality. This was my second purchase from John. I also purchased a group lot of 2 clutches of Pyros from Mike Russo. I saw his ad elsewhere just last night and called him to ask some questions and decided to buy his pyros. They arrived today and are just gorgeous. I also would highly recommend Mike.

I waited all day today in the hopes of hearing back from Yasser and since I have not I decided to post this. It's not that I don't know how to feel about this but I'm leaving you all to be judge and jury as I respect many of you highly and value your opinions.

I would appreciate hearing from others as to their opinions as to how I might feel about this, what I should do. I have no means of contacting him other than through email and that has been fruitless since I made the payment. So since many of you have good opinions of Yasser perhaps you would like to sound off and advise me on how to proceed.

Thanks

Big Tattoo aka Dave Johnston

Old 10-14-2010, 06:00 PM   #2
BigTattoo
Sorry I have to make a correction to my post above the date today is not Oct. 15, 2010 it is Oct. 14, 2010.

Big T

Old 10-14-2010, 06:42 PM   #3
JudyC
Hmmmmm....

I can understand your anxiousness to get the animal asap (especially after paying such premium "fees")...but a little more patience on your part might be very beneficial. I have [no idea what sort of person he is, but we've seen PLENTY of "businessmen" in this industry who are easily antagonized and then take their angst out on their customers.

Some folks are just slow at communicating, so I'd give him a few more days and would expect the snake sometime next week....were I in your shoes, that is. But yeah...I'd be anxious at the same time.

Old 10-16-2010, 10:20 AM   #4
Br8knitOFF
Yasser is great- I've worked with him directly before.

Fear not- he's a stand up guy and will take care of you...

//Todd

Old 10-16-2010, 11:00 AM   #5
Metachrosis
NOT EVEN CLOSE!
I would never treat a Customer with such complacency,you receive funds
you ship. People spend money for Reptiles/Services etc. not a chance to spin the "Get Around To It Wheel"
Dealers like this always seem to have more pressing issues that over ride
punctuality,no excuse for it. NONE!
But Oh Yes,they do try . . . .

Who would tolerate such Service from WalMart,Favorite Restaurant etc ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
Hmmmmm....
I can understand your anxiousness to get the animal asap (especially after paying such premium "fees")...but a little more patience on your part might be very beneficial. I have [no idea what sort of person he is, but we've seen PLENTY of "businessmen" in this industry who are easily antagonized and then take their angst out on their customers.

Some folks are just slow at communicating, so I'd give him a few more days and would expect the snake sometime next week....were I in your shoes, that is. But yeah...I'd be anxious at the same time.

Old 10-16-2010, 11:07 AM   #6
JudyC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metachrosis View Post
NOT EVEN CLOSE!
I would never treat a Customer with such complacency,you receive funds
you ship. People spend money for Reptiles/Services etc. not a chance to spin the "Get Around To It Wheel"
Dealers like this always seem to have more pressing issues that over ride
punctuality,no excuse for it. NONE!
But Oh Yes,they do try . . . .

Who would tolerate such Service from WalMart,Favorite Restaurant etc ?

I certainly didn't mean to imply that I thought such shoddy service was decent. I'm just saying that in the grand scheme of things, a little patience and diplomacy can get you MUCH better results than firing off hot, angry words the instant things don't go as you expect them to.

Old 10-16-2010, 03:37 PM   #7
BigTattoo
Yasser Spitfire Reptiles follow up

After waiting patiently, NOT for 3 days and still no contact from Yasser I sent off another email. Trying to remain diplomatic and not atagonistic. I'm omitting all the address details as none of that has changed from my previous post.

Yasser,

Where is the Yasser that got such good reviews on the fauna forums? Good guy, responsive, answers questions, very helpful. I'm getting pretty anxious here and would like to hear from you acknowledging receipt of payment and when you intend to ship my snake, please.

Thanks,

Big T

He did finally respond.

Sorry but i work long hours and dont check email as often as i used to. i also have a show to prepare for (the only one i do anymore) thats really got me running ragged. Admittedly, i am not that puntual anymore as snake breeding is no longer my only job like it used to be. But no worries...your snake willl be shipped out early next week. I will contact you with details by the end of this weekend. Thanks for your patience.

Yasser

So while anxious and not well known for my patience I will continue to wait and see. The ball is now in his court to follow through and get back to me this weekend with shipping details. I'm not at all comfortable being put in this position but what choice do I really have?

Big T

Old 10-16-2010, 06:27 PM   #8
DavidBeard
Charging the PayPal fee is not only against PayPal's TOS its technically illegal.

I refuse to do business with anyone who charges extra for sending $ via PayPal.

Old 10-16-2010, 10:57 PM   #9
Piratepythons
No worries man. Yasser will take care you. Hes got a lot going on but his animals speak for themselves. He is one of the good guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBeard View Post
Charging the PayPal fee is not only against PayPal's TOS its technically illegal.

I refuse to do business with anyone who charges extra for sending $ via PayPal.
Do you also pay sales tax on your online snake purchases? I have payed the paypal fee several times. It is no big deal. Would it make you feel better if they just add it into the price and never call it the paypall fee? Sorry not trying to start anything. Just tired of seeing this statement.

Old 10-16-2010, 11:48 PM   #10
DavidBeard
If its no big deal, then why do some seller nickel & dime you when making a sale by adding it on top of their price?

Plain and simple.....its against PayPal's TOS to pass fees along to your customers, at least blatantly by asking for it in plain English.

I have sold thousands of animals online and never once have I charge a fee for using PayPal.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!