SouthernStatesExotics.com - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-30-2003, 11:16 PM   #31
herpcondo
IT CONTINUES,,,,

HERE IS THE NEXT INSTALLMENT OF THE STEVE SAGA,, FROM STEVE TO ME VIA EMAIL<<
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You should read the post on there the so called bad posts you are talking about have nothing to do with what you are acusing me of. I probably take as good if not better care of my animals than you do. I do not ask anyone to take up for me nor would I. I don't care what Upstate said or anyone read. It seemed like when confronted with it they sure seemed to want my money really fast when I offered to pay them for the good animals that they sold me.

You should really not throw stoned when you live in a glass house pal....It is completely your choice not to do business with me, but that wont hurt my feelings a bit. I know what is done here is right by me and by the animals that I keep and breed. As far as being in it for a quick buck. I don't want to do this to make any money. I simply love to breed and raise bearded dragons and leo's. I just make enough monry selling anything else to fund my breeding projects. I have been in the business for 10 years, but have only started doing internet sales in the last 2. So you can take your quick buck scheme and stuff it. I ahve a collection worth over 10k in bearded dragons and leopard gecko's. It has been a passion of mine since high school. But I work for a living as well so I don't have to rely on riping off people for my living.

You should really think about thinmgs a little before you let your mouth do the talking for you Joe. It may appear that you really don't know what the hell you are talking about after all.

You can lay your head down now soundly knowing you have saved your well known reputation from being marred by assocating with scum like me.

You sleep good now

Steve

and then this one also,, after that,, it must really be bothering him,,,,
__________________________________________________ _
Real impressive Joe....Try to mar my good name a little more...Keep on throwing those stones...Oneday someone is going to do you the same favor....See you in the funny papers..Laughing all the way...

Steve Smith

First off I am not your"Pal"... don't ever confuse me of being that,, i want to stay as far away from you as possible,, especially business wise...
Second of all My "house" is a brick house,,, i don't try and screw people so I don't have to worry about someone throwing stones,,, as you put it,,,,

Mar your name..? I think you did that all by yourself there Steve,, didn't need my help.....

the only reason I brought it up,, was simple,, you said you were gonna tell people about our "little session" as i have nothing to hide and sent you a reply that was straight to the point and professional,, it does not bother me at all,,, see Steve this would have never shown up here if you had not tried to in some sort of wierd way threaten me with telling people about the emails between us,, so I just posted them,, in all there glory,, for everyone to read,, so now "everyone knows". just what you wanted right...?
I will sleep good,, thanks

Old 09-30-2003, 11:16 PM   #32
Darin Chappell
". . . but to send a threatning e-mail like this . . ."

Steve,

I guess I am confused. Where, exactly, did Joe threaten you in those emails? I just don't see it, but I would be happy for you to show it to me.

TYIA

Old 09-30-2003, 11:17 PM   #33
ms_terese
Stop!

Steve,

I'll attribute it all to instincts, but as I've said before, I really think you're a decent guy who got caught up in some mistakes. With that being said, please stop and think about what is going on here.

Joe gave you a reply, and took the time to explain his reasoning. He stated several times that he was basing his opinion on previous actions. If he had simply replied with, "I don't wish to sell to you", I think you would have appreciated it even less.

You replied with your opinion, and you had a right to do that as well. However.....
Quote:
I could have given you a long list of quality buyers and sellers that I deal with, have delt with, and will deal with in the future. Which will by the way hear of this little session with you.
followed by
Quote:
Exactly what part of this matter makes this anything to bring up here. I have done nothing wrong.
If you felt that Joe's opinion was so relevant to whether or not he was worthy to do business with other people that you were going to make others aware of it, then he had just as much right to post your opinion HERE so that the people HERE could make the same determination.

Right or wrong, this is a "what's good for the goose is good for the gander" thing. You cannot determine that Joe has "the messed up mindset of the other judgemental people of this nation" and tell him that you're going to make sure others know about his opinions, then cry foul when Joe makes both HIS and YOUR opinions known to others.

Additionally, at what point did Joe send a threatening email to you?
Quote:
Then fine just tell me and I will not ever try to do any with you either, but to send a threatning e-mail like this and then bring it up here..
You're correct, you did absolutely nothing wrong. You tried to buy some animals. Joe did not assert that you did anything wrong by making an offer on those animals. Joe simply said that since you wanted to make your conversations known to others (and it was clear that you meant to do that to Joe's detriment), he would go ahead and put it out there for the world to see.

Steve, your feelings are hurt. Understood. In your spot, most people would feel defensive. Yet, each of us have to live with mistakes we've made. The past events brought up in other threads may haunt you for a long time. You have to simply deal with that.

Old 09-30-2003, 11:45 PM   #34
herpcondo
You know what is funny,,

I guess the funny thing to me is,, I don't dislike Steve,,, I don't Know Steve,, The whole reason I sent him the email reply telling him who i was, and why i chose not to do business with him was out of respect and to make sure he understood my reasoning..
Not to Publish it here,, it was for me to explain my point, and to most of all let him know why i chose not to do business with him,,,
When he told me he was gonna let everyone know about our "little session" is the only time I even thought about bringing this whole thing up in this venue,,,I even told Steve I wished him no harm and "good luck in his endevours". Steve do you agree i have the right as to who I buy From and Who I sell too..? I feel like there are a ton of good people out there who I would love to do business with,,, either to buy from or sell to,, but there are a ton who i would rather not do business with also... and all i was trying to do,, was let you know the reason behind my decision,,, nothing else,,, I could have ignored your email,, or I could have said" no i don't do business with scum" but i didn't,, i tried to take the high road and explain my decision to the best of my ability,,not for it to be posted here,, but for your benefit,,,
Again I will say,,, I wish you no harm,, and good luck with your endevours,,

Old 10-01-2003, 01:06 PM   #35
herpetological
First I have to say that I commend Joe on his regard for his animals. Good to see these days. Steve, it seems you get yourself in trouble by allowing your responses to be off the cuff and emotional. That seems to be how your hanging yourself. I'm not judging you however, you may want to take a deep breath before you touch the keyboard. Once it's said that's it and it's there for all to see in the future. No one and I mean NO ONE has 100% customer satisfaction. You just try to do your best and maintain your integrity. Anyone who can maintain there cool, avoid name calling and use their intelligence can always win a debate. There have even been times that I was right but, just for the sake of "good business" I did what I had to make the customer happy. Don't get me wrong.... I WILL stand my ground. However, It has been said before, "choose your battles carefully".
Some are not worth it. Sometimes it's better to just grit your teeth and say ok Thanks! In business you have to be a politician as well as............ a business man. Ray HBR

Old 10-01-2003, 01:46 PM   #36
Jerry Dorgan
Lightbulb

Steve Smith,

We do not know each other. And I would not have replied to this but the word athiest caught my eye. Reason being is in two of your posts you state "As for me i think that screwing with genetics is like screwing with nature and god. It just isn't ment to be. Hitler tried it too." and "Let he without sin cast the first stone"

I guess I am confused, quoting the Words of Jesus Christ as written in the new testiment, and even though you don't capitalize the G in God, you sure enough refer to Him...

The only comment I have for you is think and calm down before you hit the keyboard. Good luck.

Old 10-01-2003, 02:59 PM   #37
Stardust
Ummmmm, not to be rude, but didn't this thread start out with you not knowing about the genetics of geckos?
How is it you have been working with them for so long and still do not know the genetics of them?

Old 10-01-2003, 03:37 PM   #38
herpcondo
A VERY GOOD POINT,,, STARDUST,, AND BRINGS ANOTHER QUESTION TO MIND,,,

If you collection is as extensive as you say, and have been breeding them for all those years,,, why were you buying $5.00 geckos from Galen at captive sciences...? I mean with a collection in the $10,000.00 range just for leopards and dragons,, i am sure you could raise enough to sell.... right...?
Also why would you want an adult male dragon from me, when anyone who raises dragons end up with a hundred or so "extra males" at the end of a breeding season,,,I sure do,, As the females sell much faster than the males,,,
You should really work in a swiss cheese plant as the cheese is as full of holes as your stories Steve,,,

Old 10-01-2003, 08:22 PM   #39
Python Dreams
As far as Steve's reply to the original information, I found it to be way out of line. Their was no need for a verbal attack due to receiving information that was unwanted or unknown.
But as far as Joe's response to his inquiry. I find the response to be more out of line than Steve's following rebuttals. All he did was inquire about animals... You say that it is not personal, but you would not want to "infect" your name by doing business with him? Sounded personal to me... You basically were saying that due to things you've read on the BOI you would not want to do business with Steve... That would of been an acceptable response to me, but I saw no need to drag it out and rub in your opinion. You get into the theory as to why he does business and how he probably treats his animals and so on and so forth. Seemed kinda antagonistic, but I guess I am the only one that saw it that way.
Thanks, Tom Baker

Old 10-01-2003, 08:47 PM   #40
gila7150
Quote:
You basically were saying that due to things you've read on the BOI you would not want to do business with Steve... That would of been an acceptable response to me
I agree...it should have been left at that. I really don't see how Steve's reply was any more insulting than your first email to him. You have every right to refuse to do business with him (I probably would have done the same)....but the guy was just inquiring about some snakes you were selling. You really couldn't expect a nice, cheery response to your first email, could you?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!