Inquiry Looking for info on Jeff Lazaro - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-12-2012, 04:31 PM   #1
joshjtd
Looking for info on Jeff Lazaro

Has anyone had any interactions with Jeff Lazaro as either a buyer or a seller? If so, please leave some details on how it went.

Old 12-13-2012, 12:19 AM   #2
big t
I recently bought from Jeff, he was willing to meet me 1/2 so we could avoid shipping. I will definitly buy from Jeff again.

Old 12-13-2012, 09:30 AM   #3
Redfeet
I actually wanted to purchase a few snakes he had posted a few weeks back. But when I emailed them they wouldn't give me a contact number so I left my number. I got a call from a guy that said that he was Jeff's brother and he could help me with whatever I needed. The number he called from was blocked. That struck me as being odd but I talked to the guy for a few minutes and he couldn't answer my questions said he needed to speak with his brother and would call me back. He did call back about 10 minutes later with the number blocked again. At that point I decided I did not want to continue with the transaction so I told him thanks for this time that would just pass on the snakes. I would also like to hear some positive feedback on these guys because they did have some good prices on the couple of snakes I was really interested in. Never had anyone that was trying to sell something conceal their phone number?

Old 12-13-2012, 06:51 PM   #4
big t
I too dealt with his brother at some points during the deal also from a blocked number. I wasn't concerned about the blocked number at all & my dealing with both Lazaro's went great.

Old 12-14-2012, 02:38 AM   #5
Jeff Lazaro
A past buyer had made us aware of this thread and I wanted to clear up some stuff before any crazy gets started.

My brother Ryan and I both breed and sell snakes. However, due to space issues, I keep the ball pythons at my house and my brother keeps the carpet pythons at his house. Since we have more interaction with the species at our respective houses, we usually defer to each other if we have a buyer inquiring about a specific species. We agreed early on that we wouldn't make any discount decisions without talking with the other. When Paul spoke with Ryan, he was inquiring about a bunch of snakes and wanted to know what our best price was plus shipping. Naturally, he called me and we talked it over. Unfortunately, I think the shipping may have been too high, which is why we thought Paul ultimately backed out. Since we don't ship on a regular basis, we're not certified shippers anywhere. Paul had also mentioned he gets really good rates with UPS and USPS, so we're currently researching into it.

Regarding phone numbers. It's not that we don't want to talk to people on the phone. Actually, we both prefer it. However, we don't do this full time and our phones are used exclusively for our careers. That being said, we have a close friend in the industry that's in a similar situation as us where he uses his phone a lot for his work. He gave his number out to potential buyers and then started getting solicitors and prank calls so bad that he had to change his number. I know that doesn't seem that bad, but everything was tied to that number and he had to change everything from his business cards to important contacts. My brother and I wish to avoid that headache, so we make sure we are 100% available through email by having them forwarded to our phones. That way we can respond within a minutes notice. I know that isn't ideal in an industry where trust is a huge factor, but we have nothing to hide and we will go above and beyond to ensure a comfortable and smooth transaction.

I hope this clears up a few questions. Thanks.

Jeff Lazaro
SocalReptilia@yahoo.com

Old 12-14-2012, 02:49 AM   #6
ShadowAceD
FedEx is currently the only courier with approved shipping for snakes. You can do so through either ShipYourReptiles.com or ReptilesExpress.com without having to be certified as they have waivers with FedEx to allow people to use their accounts for residential shipping.

Using USPS to ship snakes violates their Terms of Service as does shipping snakes via UPS.

Please do not use either off those methods.

Old 12-14-2012, 10:34 AM   #7
joshjtd
Thank you for the post Jeff.

Old 02-27-2014, 12:21 PM   #8
jcfourme
I recently had put a Pinstripe 100% Het Piebald male on layaway with Jeff due to some money issues and Wisconsin being under extremely cold weather had to wait a few months for the perfect shipping window. Jeff did an excellent job shipping the little guy to the FedEx center by me and Pinstripe was in A-1 condition. He chowed down a meal later that evening. I would definitely buy from him again and already eyeballing some other stuff he has for sale. Thanks again Jeff!

Old 02-27-2014, 01:21 PM   #9
SoCalAce
I purchased an adult female "jag sibling" from Jeff and his brother. I also dealt with the blocked number and ended up dealing mostly with his brother, but there were no issues. We met in person to make the deal, and it went fine.

Old 09-20-2014, 08:51 PM   #10
Dave Moore
I recently purchased a snake from Jeff and the transaction went as well as I could have hoped for. Excellent communication, packaged well and the animal is healthy and much nicer than the pictures showed. AAA+++ seller.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!