Disturbing...... - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-11-2005, 01:23 PM   #101
Bringerofdoom
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ewpost&t=67596 link to the whole thread. He just started the thread yesterday i think.

Old 04-11-2005, 02:19 PM   #102
diablohogs
i dont find hybrids disturbing.

tell me, whats so disturbing about crossing an AFT with a leo.

kingcorns, corndurans, jurassic milks, gabinos... any problem with those?

Old 04-11-2005, 02:29 PM   #103
Monte
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablohogs

You should see my kids . . .

Old 04-11-2005, 02:38 PM   #104
Bringerofdoom
Maybe it's because of the person in question. Look at all of his prior post's...........

I honestly have no problems with hybrids AS long as they are sold and labled as such. This worries me though as if any look like leopards they can be sold as such and screw up someones breeding plans once they find out otherwise.

Old 04-11-2005, 02:51 PM   #105
Golden Gate Geckos
well...

Quote:
I'll probably start a riot, but I feel that it's just not right. If two distinctively separate species from completely different hemishpheres and environmental climates on the earth are purposefully interbred in order to create 'hybrids', it could potentially be cruel and inhumane to any offspring that could result. Their physiological requirements would be at odds. Just my personal opinion.

Quote:
You should see my kids . . .
You mean the ones that grow fangs, claws and body fur with every full moon? The, my kids must be hybrids, too!

Old 04-11-2005, 02:56 PM   #106
KelliH
Quote:
I honestly have no problems with hybrids AS long as they are sold and labled as such. This worries me though as if any look like leopards they can be sold as such and screw up someones breeding plans once they find out otherwise.
I agree. I don't have a huge problem with hybrids per se, although I tend to be a locality freak. The problem is when unscrupulous people sell them as pure forms.

Old 04-11-2005, 03:53 PM   #107
robin d.
Quote:

i got problems with every single one of those... disgusting

Old 04-11-2005, 04:28 PM   #108
diablohogs
Quote:
I agree. I don't have a huge problem with hybrids per se, although I tend to be a locality freak. The problem is when unscrupulous people sell them as pure forms.
those people should be castrated.

Quote:
i got problems with every single one of those... disgusting
uh huh. and yet you breed leopard geckos. you're most likely working with, at the very least, intergrades RIGHT NOW.

did you know that taxonomy was created before the theory of natural selection was accepted as a theory? just something to think about.

the way i see it is if you hybridize and dont produce mules (sterile offspring) and the snake is healthy AND YOU SELL IT LABELED AS A HYBRID youre not doing anything wrong.

and marcia HOW DIFFERENT are the climates thats the AFTs and leopard geckos live in? and how different is the climates we provide geckos as breeders from the climates they naturally occur in?

locale specific animals are definately cooler. if you had an albino you found in the mountains somewhere vs. an albino you bought from petco than your locale specific animal is far more special. i challenge anyone to find a locale specific leopard gecko. in the mean time im gonna look up the cost of a plane ticket to afghanastan.

one more thing... if only so we can watch Marcia on the news starting a riot, that guy should hatch those eggs!

Old 04-11-2005, 04:34 PM   #109
diablohogs
Quote:
if you hybridize and dont produce mules (sterile offspring) and the snake is healthy
whoops. Fruedian slip. i meant hybrids in general not just snakes.

Old 04-11-2005, 04:53 PM   #110
robin d.
you are right chances are the leos we breed because of the crossing are in fact integrade however i am trying to get some pure species and subspecies to work with.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!