Waxworm shortage? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 06-19-2006, 08:31 AM   #1
Cat_72
Waxworm shortage?

OK, I've heard about all of the trouble with silkworms, but has anyone heard of a "waxworm shortage"?? I went to reptilefood.com to place my cricket and superworm order this morning, and they have this notice at the top of the page:

Due to short supply nationwide, Wax worms will be unavailable for a few days. We will still be taking orders and we will beging making up the orders for them at no additional charge in a week to ten days from today Thursday June 15th.

I only buy these on occasion, so it really didn't affect me, but I was just suprised as I hadn't heard anything about it. Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Old 06-19-2006, 03:05 PM   #2
Junkyard
This is the first I have heard of it. I checked with Grubco and they are out also. I also looked at about 5 different bug suppliers and they still have them. That is interesting.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!