Hatchling Weight Study... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-08-2007, 05:42 PM   #1
MKGeckos
Hatchling Weight Study...

Hey guys!

Over the past 39 days since I had my very first hatchling, I've been recording weights. Now I am up to 10 hatchlings and I have 47 weights. What I did with the weights, and what I'll continue to do with the weights in plug them into Excel and make a graph of the weights. I'm also able to do regression on the weights so I can make a line of best fit.

The line of best fit represents my average hatchling growth rate. For example, if you'd like to see how much a hatchling on average will weigh at 20 Days old, simply replace X with 20 and you have your answer, 5.95.

If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask. I thought it would be interesting to see if there is anything special and I thought I'd share it with you guys.
Attached Images

Old 06-13-2007, 10:27 PM   #2
Tang
What would be interesting is feeding the hatchlings different food items and seeing if that affects growth rate. Or other variables like lighting or enclosure size. I'm interested, keep me posted.

A.S.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!