Shed question - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-30-2007, 03:30 AM   #1
lihairden
Shed question

Bug's going through it's first shed and has some skin stuck to the head....it's been there for a couple of days. I'm not sure if I should intervene with a soak or peroxide, or if I should leave it to Bug to take care of. It's still not too sure of me and I don't want to freak it out or drop it...I can touch Bug on the back without it screeching, but I haven't tried picking it up yet.

I don't know if this helps, but Bug eats 4 mealies a day, drinks water, wanders at night, is pooping and peeing and spends time in the moist hide.

Old 06-30-2007, 11:33 AM   #2
Stephies_Leos
You need to put him in a dish of water and take a Qtip and gently rub off the dead skin. He's not going to like it much but you can't leave that dead skin on there. If you have someone that can help you it would be easier. And just do a little at a time and then put him back in the tank for awhile. The skin will usually come off pretty easy.

Old 06-30-2007, 11:35 AM   #3
Stephies_Leos
Ohh and make sure you don't grab his tail while your holding him. The best way I have found to hold them is around the rib cage or stomach. Just be gentle but firm.

Old 07-01-2007, 05:01 PM   #4
lihairden
I did what you said and the skin came off. Thanks for the tip .

Old 07-01-2007, 05:34 PM   #5
Stephies_Leos
Your welcome glad the little guy is doing ok !

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!