Dear MR/Miss moderator - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 11-25-2012, 08:49 PM   #1
samuraiZr0
Dear MR/Miss moderator

how do i go about changing my name to represent my business name? I tried creating a new account and it was rejected so how do i change it? any help would be great

Old 11-25-2012, 10:20 PM   #3
Fangthane
Changing your username is one of the perks of being at least a Contributor Level (paid) member. If you wish to do that, click on the following link for instructions:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=124939

If you choose not to pay for membership, you can still create a custom user title that reflects your business name. To do so, you'll have to go into your User CP, click on "Edit Your Details", and then scroll down til you come to the "Custom User Title" text entry field. Once you've typed in your business name, be sure to scroll down and click "Save Changes".

For any further questions regarding site features, you'll want to post in the Feedback Forum.
Attached Images

Old 11-25-2012, 10:28 PM   #4
AbsoluteApril
thanks for the help guys!

Let us know if you have any other questions. I'm moving this to the feedback forum.

edit to also say - you can add your business name in your signature, lots of people put a link in that area

Old 11-25-2012, 10:43 PM   #5
samuraiZr0
Tanks guys I'm sure this will help

Old 11-25-2012, 10:56 PM   #6
samuraiZr0
The one other thing I don't get is what the differences are in memberships

Old 11-25-2012, 11:01 PM   #7
Fangthane
The following link will take you to a thread that explains what each membership level includes.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=64541

Old 11-25-2012, 11:01 PM   #8
AbsoluteApril
here are the levels of different memberships:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=64541

Old 11-25-2012, 11:03 PM   #9
Fangthane
Just looked at it more closely, and it's not entirely accurate anymore, but it'll give you the general idea.

Old 11-26-2012, 12:13 AM   #10
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuraiZr0 View Post
how do i go about changing my name to represent my business name? I tried creating a new account and it was rejected so how do i change it? any help would be great
I think you have gotten the gist of the situation from the replies others have made.

Yes, I rejected your new membership, as is my policy when I see someone creating a new account that incorporates a change of member name, and causes the old account to be therefore abandoned. Sorry, but since member name changes are a perk of paid memberships, it would be rather foolish of me to allow people to circumvent this policy by simply creating a new account in that pursuit. Creating a new account to effect a member name change generally also means that the old account will just be abandoned in favor of the newly named account, which is rather wasteful of server resources. And thirdly, it's a general policy here that there will only be one account, per person, and only one person on each account, which creating a new account in this manner violates.

Generally speaking, I believe it behooves someone who is, in effect, creating a commercial account here, to consider becoming a paying member anyway, even though it is not really required. Posting classified ads here is completely free for all members, paying or otherwise, however there are some perks associated with paying membership (the Classifieds Control Panel providing bumps and highlights of your ads comes to mind). Such payments help to insure that this site will remain financially healthy, which helps YOU to retain the use of this site for as long as you wish to, by it's being financially able to be around for the long haul. Let's face it, the more successful this site is in traffic and visitors the better off it is for you advertising here, since that means more eyes of potential customers seeing your ads. The bigger the pie, the bigger the shared pieces are for everyone.

{soapbox OFF}

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!