Enjoying the site, the only thing I dont care for.. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 11-14-2012, 02:37 PM   #1
scfords
Enjoying the site, the only thing I dont care for..

The only thing about this site I don't like is the automatic log out after a short period of time. I would prefer an automatic logout after several hours instead of a few minuites. Other than that, I enjoy the site. Thanks for that.

Old 11-14-2012, 02:52 PM   #2
TheFragginDragon
Interesting, I never automatically log out after any amount of time. Do you have 'cookies' enabled on your browser?

Old 11-14-2012, 02:55 PM   #3
radera5
I *think* it will not log out if you click the "remember me" button when logging in. If I remember correctly...

Mine doesn't log out either, I have that clicked.

Old 11-14-2012, 03:01 PM   #4
Fangthane
I think "remember me" only applies to saving your username and password as autocomplete form data in the text entry fields, so you don't have to type it back in each time you try to log in. I'm not seeing anything about an automatic log-out period in the User CP, so I'd guess it's a browser issue.

Old 11-14-2012, 03:05 PM   #5
radera5
It definitely does that as well, I was just thinking it might keep you logged in as well.
I know for a fact many people's accounts here on Fauna log them out after exactly one hour. I've seen it many times with people when I was snooping.

Old 11-14-2012, 03:24 PM   #6
scfords
Im not sure about cookies. When Im at work and slow and can burn some time on here. But if i have to step away for a couple minuites I will have to log back in to do something. Its logged me out after switched to a different window for a few minuites. Im on a few other forums and don't normally have to log back in unless I close out of the site completly. One forum does the exact same thing though. If its my computer I would like to fix that.

Old 11-14-2012, 03:34 PM   #7
Fangthane
If you're not using Internet Explorer, you may want to give it a try and see if that changes anything.

Old 11-14-2012, 03:50 PM   #8
hhmoore
If you are logged in - and remembered - yes, the system considers you online for an hour after your last activity...it does not log you out after that, though; it simply changes your status to offline. If you are getting logged out, make sure you click the Remember Me box - if you don't, as soon as you close the page, the system will log you out...this can also sometimes cause problems when navigating the site, especially if you try to post. If that doesn't fix your problem, your computer may have cookies disabled (as has been mentioned) - since it is a work machine, I would think twice before enabling them if that is the case.

edit: It seems to me I had a similar problem at one point, and was advised to use www.faunaclassifieds.com...as opposed to just typing faunaclassifieds.com. That fixed the problem (though I don't really understand why), so that is how I have the site bookmarked. For some reason, I think that may have been fixed with one of the updates - as I never type the www when I access from anywhere other than here...and I don't remember having had that problem in quite some time. Worth a shot, though (but, if cookies aren't enabled, it probably won't make a whole lot of difference).

Old 11-14-2012, 04:04 PM   #9
SPJ
I have cookies enabled on my computer and have checked the box at the login on Fauna and still have to relog in each time.

Old 11-14-2012, 04:18 PM   #10
hhmoore
I don't know, then - I almost never have to log in, unless I manually log myself out for some reason. The only other time is when I periodically clear browsing history and delete cookies. Is your computer set to clear your history when you leave/shut down?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!