Egg Problems - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-14-2007, 11:26 AM   #1
Stephies_Leos
Question Egg Problems

Well here is my situation. I have been hatching eggs all winter no problem except for an occasional that was obviously not fertile. But I have had several eggs here lately that were obviously fertile and go bad just a few days before they are due to hatch. They start to get weepy looking like the fluid inside is starting to weep out of the shell and then they start to get that deflated look and/or feel to them. Eventually they just go bad and never hatch. Is this just eggs that weren't meant to be or is there a problem with incubation? The temperature hasn't been changing I have kept a close eye on that. Is it possibly the moisture/humidity? Any advice would be helpful.
Thanks
Stephanie

Old 03-14-2007, 01:18 PM   #2
KelliH
It could be that your incubation medium is a little too wet. Are you positive the eggs were fertile? Did you cut them open before throwing them out and if so was there a dead baby inside?

Old 03-14-2007, 10:43 PM   #3
Stephies_Leos
No I haven't cut any open I guess I can try that. UGGHH I guess I really should! I haven't noticed the perlite being to moist. I check it every time I check on the eggs it appears ok.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!