Anyone working with Jim Kane "undescribed" milks? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-22-2006, 11:25 PM   #1
Scott Ballard
Anyone working with Jim Kane "undescribed" milks?

These used to be available a few years ago, and I'm having trouble locating them. Any help finding these or info on anyone still working with them would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott

Old 12-12-2006, 09:25 PM   #2
RCampbell
Bumping this ......as its a worthy bump.....Somebody had to buy some of these things!!!
Where are you????

Old 06-30-2007, 11:16 PM   #3
Scott Ballard
I am updating this thread with a good representative picture so that maybe someone will recognize this milksnake or it may look familiar to someone who may have one or more of them. Incidentally, 'This image is owned and copyrighted by Jim Kane. Used with permission. All rights reserved.'

These were available from time to time between roughly 1996-2002, so it hasn't been that long ago. I am interested in purchasing any of these that may be available, be it only lone animals, or pairs, or groups. You can email me at: snakesandpaws@earthlink.net

Thanks,
Scott
Attached Images

Old 07-01-2007, 01:28 AM   #4
WebSlave
Scott,

I was on Jim's list for those for a couple of years a long while back, but they just never seemed to come available. I would think by now that someone would have officially "described" them.....

Old 07-01-2007, 11:31 AM   #5
jsrocket
Looks like a pueblan crossed with a (?).

Old 07-01-2007, 12:41 PM   #6
jsrocket
Jim Kane has a website; maybe you could track some down by contacting him.

http://jkpb.com/

Old 07-01-2007, 12:55 PM   #7
Scott Ballard
Rich, thanks for the reply. Some were sold to people, but finding them now seems to be the hard part.

Jim, I did contact him via the website, and he is no longer into the herpetoculture scene. He did give me a couple possible leads as to whom may have some, but those turned up as a dead end also.

That is why I posted the representative picture on the update. Hopefully some people will recognize the picture. Since it was 5-10 years ago that they were available, a lot of people may not know what is meant by the name only.

Thanks,
Scott

Old 07-09-2007, 12:41 AM   #8
jkpb
Some additional undescribed milksnake images

Here are three more images. As Scott mentioned at my request, 'These images are owned and copyrighted by Jim Kane. Used with permission. All rights reserved.' Somebody must still have these, I hope. I'd hate to think such a fantastic animal died out. It took me a few years to get them dialed in, and at first I had to send back a lot of deposits. The don't produce a lot, nothing like an annulata. They are not a cross of any kind, and aren't of the origin that anyone who claims to know about them says they are. They were 100% pure locality animals.
Attached Images

Old 07-17-2007, 11:39 AM   #9
jawn
These are awesome Scott I hope you can find them! If they are a true locality thats amazing .. such high yellow on them!

Old 10-16-2007, 10:43 AM   #10
ShaunMAuth
Guy those are beautiful animals. If you find some and can get them to produce i know a few people who are interested.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!