Info Mike McGrath BAD BUYER - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-01-2008, 04:31 PM   #31
bekers71
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmurphy View Post
Don't see how he can be labeled a "Bad Buyer" he did send the money, he was just too late. I don't have a problem with selling the snake to the first one to pay, given you warned everyone before hand that the first one to pay gets the snake. I just have a problem with labeling him on the BOI this way when he did what he said he was going to do.
I agree. Why is this posted "Bad Buyer" when there was nothing bought? Actually I don't see any wrong doing from either person.

Old 10-02-2008, 02:24 PM   #32
VinnyButch
Kevin,

Sorry I didn't see this thread earlier, or I would have stuck my nose into it sooner.
To anyone concerned, I'm the guy who actually got the snake in question. I emailed kevin about it, he answered all of my questions quickly, and told me he had considerable interest in the snake. I sent the money via Paypal as soon as Kevin gave me a total including shipping, and that was that.
Since I sent the money on a Wednesday night, we agreed not to ship until Monday. Bright and early Tuesday the burm arrived and she was everything Kevin said she was.
If you do any buying and selling over the internet, you know that the first buyer who gets cash into the seller's hand, gets the animal. It sounds like the other guy was a bit too casual about getting Kevin's money to him and it cost him the snake. It's not that big a deal. It's just a really nice burm. My guess is that it'll take him 10 minutes to search online and find another.
I'd do business again with Kevin in a minute.

VinnyButch

Old 10-02-2008, 03:59 PM   #33
Anerythristic
As a consumer that has purchased most of my animals online, I feel this way as a hobbiest trying to sell an animal to pay a bill, it sucks for Mike but that is reality in the real world.

If you considered yourself a reptile business that's horrible business, I read the E mails you were clearly in the midst of business. He wasn't asking for more photos or what does it eat he was arranging shipping and asking you to add another animal.

Like I said if I had bills to pay though, I have bills to pay.

Old 10-02-2008, 05:01 PM   #34
xanaxez
im nuetral to this matter because i can kind of side with both parties. i can see why he needed the money soon and was a first come first serve basis and i can see where the other party could feel liek the deal was taken out from under him. now it seems rather odd to me that this same snake in question is also on another forum for sale with totaly different reasons of being sold. not for me to pass judgement or anything or perhaps it could be a stolen pic and someone else is trying to scam with it but if not i wouldnt see why it would be for sale on 2 different forums under totaly different circumstances. people doesnt have to give reasons as to why they are selling but if they do then i feel it important to keep the same reasons instead of them being changed each place it is listed.

Old 10-02-2008, 05:23 PM   #35
xanaxez
Oh and one other thing i forgot lol. the topic is mike is a bad buyer, but i dont see to where this makes him any worse of a buyer then it makes you as a seller. both of you have good points to this situation so to say the buyer is is bad i wouldnt agree with. i think the whole deal was lack of communication from both parties but as to where i also see where he was trying to find out about shipping for another animal he was also wanting to purchase wasnt in any means of someone with just an inquiry or a prospect buyer. he emailed awaiting a response back from you and by the time he got it the animal sold to another buyer. business wise that is a bad business deal but like the other post stated the reason of the fast sale i can understand also because things liek that come first. in short i dont really see him as a bad buyer or you as a bad seller i just see lack of communication.

Old 10-02-2008, 05:55 PM   #36
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanaxez View Post
now it seems rather odd to me that this same snake in question is also on another forum for sale with totaly different reasons of being sold. not for me to pass judgement or anything or perhaps it could be a stolen pic and someone else is trying to scam with it but if not i wouldnt see why it would be for sale on 2 different forums under totaly different circumstances. people doesnt have to give reasons as to why they are selling but if they do then i feel it important to keep the same reasons instead of them being changed each place it is listed.
Are you saying that this same animal is currently for sale someplace? What is the date of the ad, and who is the seller? (it would be great if you would post the ad here)

Old 10-02-2008, 06:34 PM   #37
xanaxez
i will try to locate it again tonite. yes it is posted at another place i have like 12 forums i visit but i will hunt it down. im thinking it was on either redtailboa.net or bp.net

Old 10-02-2008, 08:51 PM   #38
JudyC
I'm quite sure it wasn't posted anywhere at BP.net.

Old 10-04-2008, 02:11 PM   #39
VinnyButch
Once again, it's me, the guy who actually bought the high white burm from Kevin. I just want to assure anyone who cares, that the snake isn't for sale. If you see a photo of it, it's from someone who is trying to pass off an inferior snake with a fraudulent picture, or perhaps doesn't even have an animal to sell at all.

Thanks,
Vin Buccigrossi
VinnyButch

Old 10-04-2008, 10:29 PM   #40
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Are you saying that this same animal is currently for sale someplace? What is the date of the ad, and who is the seller? (it would be great if you would post the ad here)
Here is one from Sept 21st by the OP.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/pp_c...&cat=19&page=1

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!