Kingsnake is FISHY - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-21-2008, 03:49 PM   #11
Ed Clark
Rainer, can you post a pic of the jelly so we all know what your talking about?

Old 12-21-2008, 04:33 PM   #12
ssshane
I can admit I was wrong in asking what happened to the posts. I wasn't aware that was against the rules, which is no excuse. I was trying to read up and stay current on the topic, and it disappeared. It seems the answers are coming out here in this one. So I will continue to read it here.

Old 12-21-2008, 04:33 PM   #13
bluerosy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark View Post
Rainer, can you post a pic of the jelly so we all know what your talking about?
Sure I would be glad to.

A Peanut Butter Brooks :

PLUS +

A T- negative albino:

equals=

equals this= =Jelly neonate

adult male Jelly:

adult female Jelly:

I have taken things a step further by breeding the Jelly into other traits which creates things like this:

Pewter (Jelly x axanthic)

I have since bred the Jelly into other recessive traits and that what the discussion was about. The Jelly is a type of codom but only with the T negative albino. It Peanut Butter shares an allele on a sigle locus. Similar to the 'Ultra' in cornsake gentics but breeding a Jelly back to a Jelly proved different results than the Ultra corn. So this is a unique trait in snake genetics. It really is in a class of its own.

The Peanut Butter also creates some other neat things when combined with some of the old traits but is only allelic with the T negative.

Phantom (Peanut Butter x anerythristic):

Peabino (Peanut Butter x lavender (T+ albino):

Old 12-21-2008, 04:46 PM   #14
Ed Clark
Thanks for the pics and explanations Rainer.

That jelly is certainly a hottie!

I was in early on the Lavender albinos(T+ albino) wish I would have stuck with it longer after seeing all this new stuff. good luck with your future breedings.

Old 12-21-2008, 10:05 PM   #15
Bill
Jelly Male

Here is a pic of my Jelly Male

Thanks,
Bill
Attached Images

Old 12-21-2008, 11:48 PM   #16
Brandon Osborne
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssshane View Post
One of the (and I use the term loosely) leaders of the pb/jelly craze was questioned when his posts contracdicted them selves.
A contradiction would be understatement. The reference to "used car salesman" has been overheard in more than a few conversations. Money, money, money, moooneeey!

Peace and Merry Christmas
Brandon Osborne

Old 12-21-2008, 11:57 PM   #17
bluerosy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Osborne View Post
A contradiction would be understatement. The reference to "used car salesman" has been overheard in more than a few conversations. Money, money, money, moooneeey!

Peace and Merry Christmas
Brandon Osborne

Nothing could be further from the truth. I gift many snakes every year to different people who don't have money but have a fervor for what I do. Just not to you!

Merry CHRISTmas!

Old 12-22-2008, 12:09 AM   #18
Bill & Amy
Well, he's here answering questions and posting pics and talking about genetics. If you have questions about the genetics and stuff, ask him the questions.

Old 12-22-2008, 01:29 AM   #19
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Here is a pic of my Jelly Male

Thanks,
Bill
Bill, you need to post your full name on the BOI.

Old 12-22-2008, 08:02 AM   #20
Bill
Brooksi

Sorry about that...

Bill Black

Happy Holidays!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!