Bad Guy Steven From Big Apple Pet Supply....Unpaid Invoices and Chargebacks - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-27-2016, 06:37 PM   #41
Steven Spitz
I'm glad that Jay and I were able to resolve this without further issue. Thanks everyone for your time and consideration.

Steven Spitz
CEO/Founder
Big Apple Pet Supply, Inc.

Old 07-27-2016, 06:39 PM   #42
Beyond GenetiX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJungleFlorida View Post
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. This dispute has now been settled. Thank you to everyone who responded previously.
I thought these were land tortoises, something sure smells fishy!

Old 07-27-2016, 06:39 PM   #43
Lucille
Quote:
All of the animals that they have been listing on here and Kingsnake are our animals that we drop ship to their customers for them. They have not paid on any of their invoices in over 3 weeks on animals they have sold. We have no intention of continuing to supply them with the animals that they have listed. They will not be able to fulfill orders to any customers that purchase from them on here.
Quote:
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. This dispute has now been settled. Thank you to everyone who responded previously.
It may have been settled between the two of you. However, readers have seen the accusations of unpaid bills and the way this difference was handled, and IMHO neither of you are looking very good at the moment.

Old 07-27-2016, 07:53 PM   #44
snakesareawesome
Much better to privately resolve then get attorneys and court fees involved. Glad it worked out.

Old 07-27-2016, 11:37 PM   #45
tlmoon
What Lucille said! I'm not sure a sudden "it's resolved" puts anyone's mind at ease. Usually there is something to say besides such a terse message. I understand if you don't want to elaborate for legal or contract reasons, but leaving it like this just looks a bit off.

Old 07-28-2016, 01:58 AM   #46
WebSlave
If both parties have resolved their issue, perhaps it would be best if we didn't try to fan the flames to make it more difficult for them to have it stay resolved.

Just sayin'.......

Old 07-28-2016, 07:16 AM   #47
Beyond GenetiX
This post is directed to The Jungle Florida and not necessarily to you Steven, I did need to quote you though.

Sorry Rich, I'm not trying to undo their resolution. However my question was avoided and I think the reason it was avoided is listed below.

Quote:
This all started by the 2 of us going in on an order purchasing Baby Spur Thigh Tortoises. We bought them from a breeder and started losing babies very quickly after we received them.
The torts starting dieing very quickly after you received them, how long were they in quarantine before you sold them? How many were you able to sell before they all died? Has any of your customers come to you about dead torts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Spitz View Post
As for the chargebacks on American Express, this regards 50 tortoises that Jay purchased from another vendor and we both split the shipment. After selling 10 tortoises we put in an order one morning to have him ship the 11th of our 25 left to our customer. When we requested the tracking number late that afternoon we received a response back that none were left. We said that's not possible because we have 15 left of our batch. Jay responded at that time that most of the entire shipment had died.
You sold at least ten of BA, correct? If you have such a high number of deaths, how could you even sell any of them? It is stated here that at least 15 out of 50 died, it is stated above that it happened early on. It is awesome that you two were able to cover up (I mean work out) your issues. I'm just trying to discover who the "Bad Guy" truly is here?

Old 07-28-2016, 08:10 AM   #48
btmansfi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Spitz View Post
Hi Beau,

We didn't pay him the $689 in invoices due only after he canceled the contract but that pales in comparison to what I stated in my last post
which includes unpaid invoices to us and no offer to refund for the animals we never received that he claimed died in his care. It was obvious that he lied about disputing it with his bank and I have emails between us to back that up.

From my post above... the total of my American Express disputes does not begin to cover my costs of his breaching the signed agreement by terminating it with no reasonable notice or reason. My costs include the animals he confiscated, the cost and loss of sales of the tortoises which he claimed died, unpaid invoices for products he purchased from us, unpaid use of our Fedex account to ship reptiles to his customers and programming costs of all the animals from The Jungle that have now been pulled down from our website.
Steve,
All else aside, you cannot dispute a charge with your credit card issuer for more than the purchase price. If you were charged $500 you can't file a $1,000 dispute because you claim lost sales. You would have to pursues the additional claim in court. AmEx or any card issuer is not in the business of hashing out people's legal claims.

Brian

Old 08-20-2016, 11:34 PM   #49
TOMMYTRADIX
This got swepted under the rug fast!

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Old 08-20-2016, 11:36 PM   #50
TOMMYTRADIX
There was zero proof posted on any of these claims....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!