Todd Seadorf of Palm Beach Exotics..... - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-04-2003, 12:52 PM   #21
Rob @ RK Reptiles
We always wait at least 15 minutes before putting the heat pack into our packages to ensure they are working. There have been a few times that the heat pack has died short of the 40+ hours it was supposed to last, and also it only warms the package up about 15 degrees higher than the air in the box. So if the box was placed outside or in the back of a airborne van that had no heat and was very cold it would not warm it up.

We did experiments with our boxes last year and put a thermostat into a box with a heat pack. We then left it at room temp, put it outdoors in the cold, and then put it in the freezer to check. Well when it was at room temp the temp in the box only got to about 84 degrees, when it was outside in the cold it barely made 80 and then in the freezer it died completely until taken out of the freezer and the air in the box was allowed to warm. These boxes were all with 3/4" foam lining, plenty of packing materials and a 40+ hour heat pack.

Please don't think I am trying to shift blame on him in the least as that is not the case. That wound was not a fresh wound and if he did not see that when packing the animal when he must have had his eyes closed. All I am saying is that the heat packs are not 100% reliable to keep the inside of the box warm. Also depending on what the temps are and the size of the box I use multiple heat packs. That way if one should fail the other will be a back up.

Old 12-04-2003, 03:40 PM   #22
colubridman88
Todd

I don't usually post on the BOI, and tried to obtain my own screen name but never recieved a conformation email. So i am posting under my room mates.
First of all, Todd is a good buddy of mine(As he is to many people). Every deal i have ever done with todd has been straight. Never sent me sick animals, or lied about anything. His job(don't know that i am at liberty to state exactlly what that job is), requires him to have the highest integrity. If he said the wound wasn't there before he shipped, i believe him. And David, you are very mistaken about the heat pack issue. I have shipped several hundered packages over the past several years. AND EVERY TIME, I put the heat packs on the bottom. For one simple scientific fact, HEAT RISES. I put mine right under the bag.
One more thing, when i am waiting for packages, especially ones containing live animals, i am looking out the window, listening for the sound of a truck. Maybe you friend should have been paying a little closer attention.
I think you are wrong about the airborne thing also. Every time todd has sent me a package it has been for guaranteed 10:30 AM delivery. Why did you even have the package shipped if you weren't going to be there. Do you always pass things off to you friends? If you want to make sure something is taken care of you should do it yourself. Don't blame todd because your friend wasn't looking for the package. Todd is a nicer guy than i am, i would have told you to shove those vet bills where the sun don't shine. Lets see a vet report that states the wound looks a couple of days old, looked fresh to me.
Tom Teasdale

Old 12-04-2003, 04:06 PM   #23
colubridman88
Questions

K, i didn't read the whole thread. So the package was delivered at 10:40, how cold was it there? 25 minutes if it was cold enogh could be a death sentence. So the package was brought in AFTER a phone call to you was made? Thats kinda stupid. I still stand by todd. I think your friend should have been looking closer.
Tom Teasdale

Old 12-04-2003, 04:09 PM   #24
DavidBeard
Yes, Michelle is correct that I called at 11am to see if the package had arrive. Also, I see what you're saying about the placement of the package, but every package I have ever recieved from anyone had the heat pack taped to the top of the insulated box. Also, like Michelle said, how can heat rise if there IS NONE? LOL.....He obviously does not ship much or if he does, he is going about it the wrong way. He had the blood for about a month, so unless he was blind there is NO WAY he did not see the wound on its back. The fact that he never mentioned it to me suggests that he was not totally honest.

We are also not "wrong" about the delivery time.....you saw the screen shot, didn't you, Tom? LOL, there really is no debating it....I was lied to and received a flawed animal due to negligence on the shipper's part.

Donnie and Michelle are VERY alert and I have no doubt there were listening for the package to arrive. The fact that they live in an apartment and have no windows does not allow them to watch for the delivery.

I find it very funny that you, Yom, are trying to relieve Todd of any and all blame for this. HE LIED to me about the wound....if it had happened in shipping, there would have been blood on the bag the snake was in and it would not have looked the way it did. I do not have a vet report stating this because I did not get one...the vet merely offered her opinion. You obviously do not see that many fresh wounds, Tom.

The fact that this is being debated greatly disturbs me.

Old 12-04-2003, 04:51 PM   #25
colubridman88
none

Well, If todd says the wound wasn't there then i believe him. He doesn't lie. Especially about things as trivial as snakes. He is a very respectable person. His job requires that he is very honest. Did he happen to mention to you what his day job is? I bet he did and you are not mentoning it because it might throw a few credibility points his way. I suggest you take care of your own buisness, don't pass it off to your friends. If you can't pick up the package, ask the person to ship at a later date.
Tom Teasdale

Old 12-04-2003, 04:57 PM   #26
DavidBeard
Yes, I know of his occupation. Just because he is an officer of the law, that does not exclude him from accountability. The fact is that it matters not who received the package, but the state the animal was in before he shipped it out and how the animal was packaged. The fact is that I was an unsatisfied customer who had to nag him into even considering doing the right thing. That is not how good business should be done.

Old 12-04-2003, 05:27 PM   #27
Rob @ RK Reptiles
Tom If you look at the picture of the injury it is NOT a fresh injury. It has already started healing. If it appeared to be a fresh injury then I would say ok maybe it happened in transit but the fact remains that injury is not fresh and did not happen in shipping.
David maybe you can post the Vet report where they state the injury was not a fresh injury. I am sure the Vet would agree that injury is from at least 5 days earlier by the way the healing has started.

Old 12-04-2003, 05:36 PM   #28
DavidBeard
Rob, like I said earlier, there is no vet report. The vet merely offered her opinion and I did not receive it as a written statement. All I got was an invoice.

Old 12-04-2003, 06:22 PM   #29
Rob @ RK Reptiles
David,

Most Vet's can and will write down their findings on a letter head for a customer. Yes you might have to pay for it but it will be more proof of the injury's status. Just a thought.

Old 12-04-2003, 06:37 PM   #30
DavidBeard
I will definitely keep that in mind, Rob. I don't really think it would matter much in this matter though, because the vet even said there is no way of proving how old the wound is, it really just lies on conjecture and estimations. The only thing that is for sure is that it did not happen in shipping.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!