Genetic Snow X SHTCTB - Page 15 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 11:15 AM   #141
Sunset Gecko
This is my second year breeeding and I hope to work my way up over a couples years by selectively breeding geckos from Urban and other bloodlines. I prefer to aviod these conflicts.

Old 03-20-2005, 11:29 AM   #142
Dan Lubinsky
That's why I do this as a hobby. I like to see what comes out, keep the best and sell the rest. That's it. Since the Mack snows were offered at several shows. I had no idea there was a cartei to price fix. I read Alex's site again and it sounds like many other sales pitches i.e. Urban. My idea of "pay for themselves and make a profit" is buy for $1000, hatch 10 babies, sell some for 200 or 300, keep two. I've paid for the animal, made a profit and given some gecko lovers who couldn't afford a thousand some nice animals. I thought Alex would be glad to sell for 1250 and would be pissed if I backed out. I already told you Dan said he couldn't afford the animal and I'd offered to do a breeding loan even before delivery. Signing off.

Old 03-20-2005, 11:42 AM   #143
Hues1
Quote:
That's why I do this as a hobby. I like to see what comes out, keep the best and sell the rest. That's it. Since the Mack snows were offered at several shows. I had no idea there was a cartei to price fix. I read Alex's site again and it sounds like many other sales pitches i.e. Urban. My idea of "pay for themselves and make a profit" is buy for $1000, hatch 10 babies, sell some for 200 or 300, keep two. I've paid for the animal, made a profit and given some gecko lovers who couldn't afford a thousand some nice animals. I thought Alex would be glad to sell for 1250 and would be pissed if I backed out. I already told you Dan said he couldn't afford the animal and I'd offered to do a breeding loan even before delivery. Signing off.
Your "train of thought" above doesnt pertain to this particular situtation...wanna know why?

Its real simple, I told you from the get go that I had been turning people down for Mack snows because I wanted the Snows to go to capable breeders that would work with the project for the long haul, people that would be willing to go the whole 10 yards by producing viable snow/super snow offspring and to cross breed the genes into other lines, I was very explicit at the fact I was not looking for people who would mass produce or that were looking to breed a few animals and then sell the Snow...you were aware of this from the beginning. I also spent at great length to discuss with you my initial projections and opinions on where this morph would go and how I would not tamper with the pricing or undercut anyone I sold Macks too purely for the fact that I wanted every one who purchased one to succeed in this endeavor. YOU B.S.'d and told me things I wanted to hear like how you would set him up with RW albinos and how you were all so excited about the resulting snow x albino offspring and super snow x albino offspring...etc., what you have done now is completely not even remotely close to what you told me which makes you a big fat liar.

I have had the same discussions about the Macks with every single person I sold one too.....its only a sales pitch when the seller does it purely for "making the sale"....I have upheld my end of the bargain with every single person I sold a Mack too, I have provided any necessary help or support to anyone whom I sold a Mack too, I have guaranteed a certain set of standards and have been honest and upfront with every single person whom I've sold a Mack too.

now what were you saying about a sales pitch?! The only sales pitch I see being pitched is by the salesperson whom you placed a deposit on the z06 with and the sales pitch made by you and poe in trying to sell your side of the story.

Old 03-20-2005, 11:47 AM   #144
Monte
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hues1
Hey POSER...how many eggs do you have?! how many will survive? How many of your geckos probably have amoebas? Better yet...why dont you post a picture of your adult Mack...the cats out of the bag, nothing to hide...RIGHT? I'd bet that poor Mack snow is ultra thin and probably on its way out. Think of the waste you POSER.

Selective with my anger ?! POSER...you just dont get it, you're not a THREAT you're more of a tick or mite that has infested something and thats hard to get rid off...GOT IT. YOU'RE AN ANNOYANCE.

"Come and get it...come and get it...leopard geckos with FREE AMOEBAS! We guarantee every single animal we sell will include a FREE AMOEBA count of no less than 200...your complete UNSATISFACTION GUARANTEED ! TOP MORPHS FOR LESS BROUGHT TO YOU EXCLUSIVELY VIA DAN POE OF GROOVY GECKOS."

P.S. Big Boys dont need their mommys
OK - I think you made your point Alex. I think everybody's point has been made on both sides. Right now, everybody is starting to get damaged by this. Mr. Poe, with his words and husbandry and now Mr. Hues, you too are getting damaged by this taunting post. I'm looking at a lot of people with different eyes now.

I think it's time to call it quits. I don't think you can expect the people involved in this issue to say they are sorry - because from what I've witnessed - it's not a part of their make up. Right now - everybody is just trying to score smack points - shoot, I even see some of our youth getting into the bashing. This is not good form.

Lots of people screwed up. No sense making it worse. What's done is done.

Let's have some peace. You aren't going to change anything with more insults.

Old 03-20-2005, 11:50 AM   #145
Hues1
Quote:
OK - I think you made your point Alex. I think everybody's point has been made on both sides. Right now, everybody is starting to get damaged by this. Mr. Poe, with his words and husbandry and now Mr. Hues, you too are getting damaged by this taunting post. I'm looking at a lot of people with different eyes now.

I think it's time to call it quits. I don't think you can expect the people involved in this issue to say they are sorry - because from what I've witnessed - it's not a part of their make up. Right now - everybody is just trying to score smack points - shoot, I even see some of our youth getting into the bashing. This is not good form.

Lots of people screwed up. No sense making it worse. What's done is done.

Let's have some peace. You aren't going to change anything with more insult
Monte...you're probably 100% right, but this issue wouldnt be a issue if the POSER didnt make it one. What am I in the wrong for?! for declining a sale to a ass ?

Monte if you dont mind...from a outsiders perspective...what point have they made on their side?

Old 03-20-2005, 12:04 PM   #146
Monte
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hues1
Monte if you dont mind...from a outsiders perspective...what point have they made on their side?
That they have a right to do whatever they want with their animals once they are paid for.

The larger question is this - what do you want? A full admission of guilt - a mea culpa and falling on the sword? It isn't going to happen. I've been hanging around herp people for 6 years now - and I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen people back down and admit their guilt.

I think it's like that favorite poster of mine called "The last act of Defiance". In the picture you see a rat, bloodied, on it's back, in his last moments, with a huge eagle, talons spread, ready to grab, kill and eat him. The mouse, is giving the eagle the finger.

There are a lot of people who will be thinking twice before purchasing from Mr. Poe from now on. But I also think you have made your point and will just hurt your own reputation by continuing to bash someone who is already down as he's going to be.

Anyway - this is just my opinion, and not worth a lot.

Old 03-20-2005, 12:07 PM   #147
Gregg M
Alex, there is no point to the other side of the story..... Monte just likes to play peace maker every now and then..... I say you do what you want with the situation..... You do not look bad in my eyes and I am sure 99% of everyone reading this feels the same..... Vent away.....

Old 03-20-2005, 12:09 PM   #148
Gregg M
Monte, there is nothing wrong with playing peace maker..... And you do a good job at it..... Sometimes your voice of reason even gets through to my thick head....LOL

Old 03-20-2005, 12:10 PM   #149
Monte
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg M
Monte just likes to play peace maker every now and then..... .....
If I wasn't such a "peace player" - I might think I just got poked in the eye . . .

heh

Old 03-20-2005, 12:14 PM   #150
Hues1
Quote:
That they have a right to do whatever they want with their animals once they are paid for.
Thas all fine and dandy, but apparently the important part was missed...the reason why I was being selective of whom they were sent too, the reason why not everyone who inquired about a Mack received one, the reason why I screened potential buyers in order to ensure everyone else who was working with them would be protected.....so the above statement would not happen.

The Mack snows were far from being a no strings attached "sale".

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread