Birthday Whale Watch ( Humpbacks ) DUW - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 08-07-2008, 12:12 PM   #1
Mooing Tricycle
Birthday Whale Watch ( Humpbacks ) DUW

Dorsal Shot, You can sometimes tell whales apart by looking at their dorsal fin/markings, if a fluke pattern isnt available. ( i need to spend some time looking at photos to see who is who)

These two are of the same Whale, Came RIGHT next to the boat. I have this in a few different shots as he/she first came up. I liked these two shots the best.

I can post an actual size image of this one, you can even see the detail of the Baleen in the larger shot. Pretty amazing! I love feeding shots!

How many can you see? * an actual size photo of this can also be posted later*
There are FIVE whales feeding in that shot! I actually didnt even notice the fifth one when i took it. Seeing whales feeding like this in these waters is a rare sight! Generally you only see two or three whales at a time. This was truly an amazing, although WET trip! it was raining for a good part of the time!

Old 08-07-2008, 12:12 PM   #2
Mooing Tricycle

This one shouldnt be too hard to identify once i get to looking. This is the same whale as the second and third shots posted above.

Shallow Dive, Feeding

One of hundreds of seagulls and other water birds we saw diving in for food as the whales created bubble nets to scoop up their lunch. There were these little black birds, no bigger than a robin, that had traveled all the way from Antarctica for the summer. I may have a shot or two of them hiding somewhere. Very cool stuff!!

Classic Spout! Watch for these when you head out on a trip. Its usually the first thing you see far off in the distance Unless of course you see a breach! THOSE are spectacular, but no photos of the two that happened this trip

Check out the white mass you see in the water there. These guys have HUGE Pectoral fins. Its great when you see them slapping them against the water on their backs.

Old 08-07-2008, 12:33 PM   #3
TheFragginDragon
WOW Alicia! That looks like an awesome time! I'd love to see that someday.

Old 08-12-2008, 02:41 PM   #4
LadyOhh
Those are awesome pics!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!