ROAD CONSTRUCTION IN MN!!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 10-19-2007, 02:04 PM   #1
Miss Tuniwha
Angry ROAD CONSTRUCTION IN MN!!!!

SOOoooo.. In Minnesota here, we always have horrid road construction being done.

That is fine.

What I am NOT fine with.. is that when they move the road over, and tear down the old road, they don't always cover the old lines. Then instead just paint down new ones. So it ends up just looking like one big cluster

Again, oh well..

BUT.. now I am ticked off.

I am a good driver.. yes.. a woman that can drive :P I have never hit a deer, never hit a car, never gone in the ditch. EVEN in our crappy winters.

Until last night

I was on my way to test drive a car (so I can go back to working part time) It is raining, not pooring, but raining decently.

I am following an SUV, so didn't have a great view ahead of me.. Driving down 35E, which I am used to, but coming to an intersection (694) that had been completely re done since last time I was thru there.

I see a sign.. says 694 e with an arrow to the right.

Shortly after this sign, I see the lane goes right.. so I follow..

AND DOWN I GO INTO A HUGE 40 FOOT MAN MADE DITCH/TRENCH, with its own river now because of all the rain, and how deep it is.

yeah, sounds lame, but when the tow truck driver got there to pull me out, he said he saw the lines and completely saw how it happened.

The mud was a foot deep, and we had to have a second tow truck come out to pull me out because they didn't have enough cable to reach my car.. yeah.. THATS how far in I was.

Anyone in this area can CLEARLY see my mess. ha ha ha ha

I know, I am at fault for not knowing better/paying more attention. But I am really frustrated with how those lines are there, as well as many others.

I had to rant.. cuz my car is in the shop as we speak.

On a better note.. I think I am gonna buy the car that we went to look at. LOL

Old 10-19-2007, 02:42 PM   #2
shrap
First let me say that I am very very very very glad that you were not seriously hurt or banged up, Brandi. I got nothing but love for you and would have been truly bummed if you would have been hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Tuniwha
SOOoooo.. In Minnesota here, we always have horrid road construction being done.
Same here in Indianapolis. As I have said for years, Indiana only has 2 Seasons: Winter and Road Repair.

Old 10-19-2007, 02:48 PM   #3
Miss Tuniwha
Well thank you Sammy, I am also so happy that nothing was seriously broken. The ground was SOOOOO muddy, I just slid to a halt. LOL.

The tow truck guy was amazed at all the stuff I DIDN'T hit. AND that at the angle and the steepness, I didn't flip the car... ha ha, there were a few signs I was able to avoid.. and NOT going into the river.

yea, winder and construction is a perfect way to describe MN.

really is sad

Old 10-19-2007, 04:08 PM   #4
snake5007
Whoah! I'm glad you're alright after that! Were you taking the car for a test drive? I'd make a complaint about it to someone, because the next person to do that might not be so lucky.

Old 10-19-2007, 05:16 PM   #5
Jim O
I'm really glad that you are OK Brandi. Speaking from experience, property is much more easily repaired than are body parts.

Being reminded of the "two seasons" makes me miss the north so much less...

Old 10-19-2007, 05:24 PM   #6
IloveSnakes1234
Oh my! Thank god you're alright!
I think you got some good luck there! You weren't hurt and thats a pretty dangerous situation to be in. Hope things go good for you..

Old 10-19-2007, 07:05 PM   #7
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
Same here in Indianapolis. As I have said for years, Indiana only has 2 Seasons: Winter and Road Repair.
Big Dig.

Does that need specific ranting anger filled stories or is it good to just sit there by itself?

Old 10-19-2007, 07:28 PM   #8
Cat_72
Very glad you weren't hurt......sounds like it was one heck of a ride, for sure.

We've got the same road construction around here, though I will say, Minnesota seems to have a knack for making it worse instead of better, lol. Some of the roads between where you and I live are worse now than they were before they "fixed" them....

And yeah, this neverending rain hasn't helped any either. I think my chickens are beginning to sprout webbed feet! I do, however, see a big, very bright shiny round thing in the sky right now, I've heard it referenced to as the "sun" or something like that....but I'm just not sure what to make of it.

Old 10-19-2007, 07:32 PM   #9
Miss Tuniwha
Sun?? what is THAT? It has not shown its face here in about a week. so.. that made the whole trench dive that much worse..

Old 10-19-2007, 07:44 PM   #10
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Tuniwha
Sun?? what is THAT? It has not shown its face here in about a week. so.. that made the whole trench dive that much worse..
LOL, this is the first I've seen of it in at least a week as well. We've got lakes in the fields (and combines stuck in them) everywhere.

I'm the sun won't stick around long though....they are predicting tomorrow to maybe be decent, and then go back to rain again.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!