Terri Sommella Fire and Ice Dragons -- Nightmare - Page 15 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-07-2005, 09:24 AM   #141
jnewsome26
Hey Lawndart,

I've been thinking a lot, and been told what I should have done. Here's my thoughts; if you've still got the box she shipped to you in check it again. The last time we talked to Discover they told us that according to UPS's documentation there was a return address on the box. I didn't save it unfortunately so I can't verify it. If there is an address there then take your animal to a vet and get a clean bill of health. Then ship it, along with a copy of the clean bill of health, back to the address and ship it so that a signature is required for delivery. That way, you can verify;

1) you sent her a healthy animal
2) she did in fact receive it

this of course assumes you're willing to ship the animal without knowing there's someone there on the other end to receive it. This has a very good chance in resulting in the animal's death, but after my discussions with Discover it seems to be your only option. If you want to avoid that, and cover your ass even more send a letter to her, overnight, stating your plan to ship the animal back, your reason, and when it will be shipped, how, etc. Send it with signature required that way when it's delivered, she signs for it and you can prove she knew the animal was coming. I really hate even thinking like this but after being told, at length, by a law student friend of mine EXACTLY what I did wrong...It seems you could use the advice. Hope it helps you,

Jonathan Newsome

Old 01-07-2005, 09:33 AM   #142
cthulhu77
That is a good piece of advice for everyone...although you kind of feel sorry for the only innocent here, the animal.

greg

Old 01-07-2005, 02:20 PM   #143
salito718
by the way, tell your CC company that you would like to close your account.

there are plenty of CC companies that are willing to work with their customers.

Old 01-08-2005, 03:02 PM   #144
lawndart
Jonathan,

Thanks much for the advice! I did call CC Company and it seems the only chance I have to redeem my cash is to return the dragon. I did talk to Terri and she said she would extend my return guarantee She said something to the effect of, "I'd take her back in a year if you weren't happy with that dragon. She is white as snow and perfect in every way. There is no way that you would not be happy with her when she is her normal color."

The problem is that she has not stated that in writing. I have asked her twice to send ma an email so I could have documentation but she has not replied. I sent Terri pictures of the dragon per her request and all she said is that Beth looks stressed and that we needed to figure it out one factor at a time starting with temperature, lighting, etc.

I have sent her several replies with answers to all her questions regarding these factors but she has not yet replied to any of them. I fear that my inquiry of return policy my have scared her off. I'm not sure. One thing though. Terri has been nothing but pleasant to me over the phone and very professional. I just have not gotten what I want yet.

I hate to put the dragon in the middle of this but in reality she is in the center. I would love to keep her if she does turn white but I do not know how long that would take nor do I know if Terri will really extend her return policy.

Does anyone here know how long it takes a dragon to come around after being shipped 3000 miles? The dragon is eating, alert and moves about her cage as any normal healthy dragon would. She just looks like a normal dragon with translucent toenails.

Old 01-09-2005, 02:49 PM   #145
CheriS
Lawndart,

Someone's words are only good if they stand behind them, or are honest people. Otherwise they are the simply liars and tend to believe their own hype and delusions. I think, with looking at how many people have already experienced trying to have that word make good by Terri when they were not happy with what they got, you can see what value it has... which is nothing.

If in fact she would take back a dragon that was what she represented, why is she not taking back Jonathon's? He clearly was not, is not happy and from the first requested to return it and have a refund that was within the guarantee period (which she changed afterwards)

And its not just the dragons, it's the false statements and misrepresenting herself also. July/August 2004 Reptile Care Magazine states
Quote:
Terri M Sommelia is the owner and senior herpetologist of Fire and Ice Dragons in Pennsylvania, USA. Fire and Ice Dragons specializes in high color morphs and is most noted for development of the award winning 100% citrus color morph. Ms Sommelia has maintained captive breeding programs with reptiles for 15 years
A dog breeder maybe for 15 years, I am not sure how long she has breed dogs, but I do know how long she has had and sold bearded dragons which is between 2-3 years. And she did not develop the Citrus morph, that is insulting when someone buys something from someone after they spend years developing it and then claim they were the one that did it. I also would like to know what awards this won, as far as I know there is no "Madison Square Gardens" like show that awards bearded dragons ribbons as best of breed.

It's all hype, false hype and I think she has said it so much she believes it herself or is a bit mental over it... how can she think to get away with that when there are so many that know different or had contact with her when she was thinking about getting into bearded dragons? AND it sure was not 15 years ago!

I hope all that time she is cleaning cages and tracing blood lines, she realizes where her Citrus creations trace too. I am waiting to see if she next claims to have been a consultant to God during creation and its her input that fashioned reptiles, or bearded dragons maybe?

People that rip off money from others, make me ill and there is a name for those people. Combine that with lies of experience and claiming someone else's work is just disgusting and also has names... they are liars and thiefs... I think George Washington would be turning over in his grave to be compared to someone like that by them! Again, showing the depth of her delusion to herself and how she feels she is above doing the right thing or standing behind her word

Old 01-09-2005, 04:29 PM   #146
HIGH PITCH ERIK

Violation of FULL NAME rule - post deleted - WebSlave

Old 01-09-2005, 04:29 PM   #147
mikey
Amen, to what you just said, Cheri...I don't get involved in most threads, but this woman is whacked..I personally dealt with her last year, and thank god I backed out.The other day she had a blood male listed on Reptibid, of all places, and she wanted $75.00 for shipping..I wrote in the Q and A for people to learn as much as you can about a breeder and her follow-up after a sale, her return policy if you have problems..People were questioning the shipping fee, I said your 1st clue as to this seller, is charging $75.00 for shipping. Then I directed them to this thread..Guess what , the ad disappeared...

Old 01-09-2005, 05:08 PM   #148
CheriS
High Pitch Erik

I imagine your post will be deleted, but suggest you read the terms of service for posting on here.

To everyone else, many of us did or almost did buy dragons from this person, a flag went up that made us withdrawn from the sale or contact with the seller... but ANYONE could have missed those warning flags and completed a purchase if the animal appeared to be what you wanted... that certainly does make them a moron by any means.

Also, what are called leucistics bearded dragons are acknowledged by almost everyone not to be true leucistics, but that was the name they were called/sold as when they came into the US so it has stuck. Most breeders selling them also clarify that with the purchaser.

Lawndart, can I ask how old that dragon is or how old in that picture, as that does not look like an adult at all... What is the size and weight of it?

Old 01-09-2005, 05:53 PM   #149
Rockford
You know this is all very disturbing because Terri selling through magazines that are on shelves everywhere is where most of the "new" folks to the hobby will end up seeing her ads.

I could see some new person to the hobby shopping at a Petco, grabbing a Reptile Magazine and checking her ad out. Then call her and have themselves "sold" on some "holdback" dragon that "they have to have".

Buyer then realizing that there really isn't anything "special" about the dragon and they just spent a huge chunk of change on a cool pet that they could have bought elsewhere for half the price. This sort of crap boggles mind.

It sounds to me like a Beardie Mill. Didn't Terri breed dogs? IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!!!!!!! She does not care about anything else. And she sure as hell doesn't care about this thread, obviously!! Thanks for this site.....it will save a few folks from what a bunch of you have already gone through in dealing with her.

Bthacker

Old 01-09-2005, 07:17 PM   #150
HIGH PITCH ERIK
Violation of FULL NAME RULE - post deleted - WebSlave

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!