Terri Sommella Fire and Ice Dragons -- Nightmare - Page 17 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-12-2005, 05:13 AM   #161
CheriS
Jonathon and Daphne,

Take satisfaction on one thing you have accomplished, go to google.com and put in Terri Sommella, see what comes up first on the search engine..... above all her marketing business links

How many people do you think will EVER do business with her for marketing when they see and read what appears there first?? Believe me, smart people letting her handle or spending large sums of money on her expertise, are going to check that out and know they are the same person

I hope it was worth it to her

Old 01-12-2005, 10:22 AM   #162
TripleMoonsExotic
I just wanted to state something else that came up in a conversation with my friend Kim who purchased a "Snow" from Fire & Ice. We live not far from Littlestown (Hanover, PA), and when Kim wanted to pick up her Snow from Teri's facilities...She attempted to discourage her and wanted her to ship (we're like, 20 minutes away - it would have been stupid) because it would be "less stressful." Instead of allowing Kim to go the the facilities of Fire and Ice, she met her somewhere else in Littlestown instead. Red flag to me...but again, Kim is new to internet purchasing and knows nothing of the BOI. I think once spring hits I'm going to inquire on a large purchase from Fire & Ice and tell her I want to come and hand pick the specimens. I want to take a look at her facilities because I question her motives for not allowing Kim to pick her dragon up...

Old 01-12-2005, 10:48 AM   #163
cthulhu77
Blackkat...I doubt she will still be in business by the spring...

greg

Old 01-12-2005, 10:50 AM   #164
dwedeking
Actually, not letting people to your facilities is a pretty common occurance in the reptile world. I know a lot of top level breeders that won't allow people to pick up items, and if I was doing this out of my home I'd feel the same way.

Old 01-12-2005, 11:10 AM   #165
TripleMoonsExotic
That is true...but when you make excuses to not send photos of animals to choose from...How else is a buyer to know what is being purchased? I'll never again buy before seeing the animal. I made that mistake and learned from it with Sunshine Dragons. Watching Kim go through her problems with Emma has also shown that to me...

Old 01-12-2005, 01:16 PM   #166
MGReptiles
Ok my eyes are burning and I have a headache.. I am totally shocked that she has not replied to this thread. I thought that biz was one of the better dragon breeder out there. I was just checking out her ads on KS and was thinking of buying one from her.. but I dont think so.. Really sorry about your dragon..
-Matt Graybeal

Old 01-12-2005, 01:23 PM   #167
ShannanD25
I've let people come to my home to pick up their Leos but i talk to them first to try and get a feel for them. I think if I was single and living alone I wouldn't be doing that but I don't mind people seeing my set-up. If they can tolerate the Jack Russell grabbing their ankles, the cats jumping on their shoulders, and the Macaw scheeching at them, they are more then welcome.
However, in this day and age, I can understand why some people don't want others coming into their home and knowing exactly what level of breeding or high end morphs they may have.
But still, why can't she send her customers pictures of the Dragons? Digital Cams are not that expensive and are a must fo this business. You should see what you are buying before sending large sums of money.
I hope this all works out for the best for everyone involved!

Old 01-12-2005, 01:49 PM   #168
MGReptiles
I dont allow people to come into my home either. I have had local people wanting to buy snakes and wanted to come and pic them up here. I have alot of money in my collection and really dont want someone to know exatcly what is where... I provide pics on all of my ads, classifieds and on my site of every animal I have for sale and will take additional pics if requested to.. JUst bad business not to..
-Matt Graybeal

Old 01-12-2005, 02:19 PM   #169
CheriS
I have to agree with that one. Many Breeder that work out of their homes do not allow people to come to them, just look at the Tampa threads and you can see why so I understand it.

We do not have any of the very high end snakes, just lizard species, so I have invited people over to pick out theirs and we only breed what we know we can place in good homes, so there is never a large amount here. Plus we do placement for rehab bearded dragon, and the new owners do pick them up here after they have been screened. For those dragons especially, the new owner needs to see how they were set up and we want to be able to see the animals with their new owners and if they are comfortable. Some of those dragons have been through a lot and come back a long way, we need to know they are getting the best new home possible.

I think even with higher end animals, you could make arrangements to meet somewhere near a mutual location or around a reptile show, I am in Florida so there are always pleanty of those.

So, not wanting peolpe at her home I do not think is a poor reflection on her, but misrepresenting animals, yourself, what your breed, refusing to refund according to her own terms and most of all yelling at someone who is already stressed and worried about their babies is just horrible. As Jonathan and Daphne said in the start if this thread, a nightmare!

Again, we all need to remember why we got involved with these creatures to begin with, sadly all indicators I have seen and heard personally from Terri shows the love of the animal was never a factor in her becoming involved with them, money was and appears it still is.

Old 01-12-2005, 06:40 PM   #170
RobertW
To Lawndart

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawndart
Terri did not share any current pic's of this dragon. She stated that her camera was not working. I had not reason to doubt her.
I just wanted to give you some inof on the leucistic line as opposed to the clear nailed snow line. Go to Kevun Dunnes site Dragons Den and see what he has to say about both lines as he was the originator of most of the snow and the leucistic lines in the US. A snow, clear nailed or not can appear tan and WILL darken as it is NOT a complete form of hypomelanism (this is my opinion gathered from my own research) It is however hypomelanistic to an extent. The leucistic line is a completely hypo animal that will have clear nails and is in Kevins own words... is "born white and stays white" it isn't really a leucistic but was imported as such but has been proven hypomelanistic. That dragon should not appear black at all stressed or not if it is a leucistic as it doesn't have the ability to blacken to the extent you seem to be experiencing due to melanophore disfunction. A clear nailed snow is at this point an inexpenxive dragon as opposed to the leucistic line due the fact it has been around alot longer. Hope this helps a little in determining that you have more than likely been burnt.

This is only my opinion gathered from what I have read in your posts.

Robert Wood

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!