Evan Stahl Please pay me. - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-25-2006, 04:23 PM   #41
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensgait
Hey Chuck time ta check the dosage on the Meds there buddy. Remember take the red ones in the morning and the white ones in the afternoon get it backwards and well we see what happens ;0 Randy

Goddamnit!!! I get confused with the tic tacs all the time. But hey...my rectum smells great. That is where they go...right?

Old 10-25-2006, 04:55 PM   #42
ravensgait
You got it Chuck that's where they belong!!!! Randy

Old 10-25-2006, 05:13 PM   #43
ravensgait
Michael that does seem kind of odd doesn't it.

So Lee said 400.00 at the end of the show if he still had it and Evan paid one hundred and fifteen when he picked it up.

Evan you said"'At the time babies were selling for $1000 each, while animals the size of that one were worth half that."" So $400.00
sounds like a reasonable price . You gave the guy $115.00.. If you picked the animal up at the show and these shows were going on all the time why didn't you just take it back to him?? Randy

Old 10-25-2006, 05:33 PM   #44
critical bill
Thanks Randy. Ya know....trying to hit the funny bone on some folks around here is like trying to hit the g-spot on a transvestite...not that I would know about that...but should I find myself ever in such a position....I sure do hope that nice fella is a fan of tic tacs too.

I'll bet if we ever meet up at Hamburg you wont ask for me a tic tac.

Back to Evan...

Pay the man Evan. Two wrongs don't make a right. This might not be about the chump change Lee doesn't need and designed purely to embarrass you, but in honesty you should be embarrassed to a small degree for debating with a person that most folks recognize as a looser and total disgrace to this industry. You're better than that. He should have been paid and out of your hair yesterday.

Old 10-25-2006, 10:01 PM   #45
BallPython777
I`m not going to get into who`s right and wrong between Evan and Lee, I have no direct knowledge of this deal and prefer to stay nuetral as I like and respect both Evan and Lee. What really infuriates me is this last post by Chuck Kimmel. I dont know you Chuck, but your statement about Lee "most folks recognize as a looser{nice spelling} and total disgrace" is just NOT true. MOST people,especially those of us in Illinois really like,respect,and most of all appreciate Lee for all he`s done to fight for the rights of herp owners. He`s someone not afraid to stand up to authorities and fight for what he believes is right. At the last Streamwood show,also Lee`s 70th Birthday , all the vendors bought him a plaque thanking him for his years of fighting for our rights and giving the people of chicagoland a herp friendly santuary. After presenting this "total Disgrace" of a human being with his plaque everyone gave him a standing ovation to further show their feelings. Without question,Lee has done more good for the Illinois herp community than anyone else period! Mark Petros

Old 10-25-2006, 10:37 PM   #46
bbbxcursion
My bad, I forgot my full name. Webslave PMed me about it. Full name is BRANDON GAUER.

Old 10-25-2006, 10:58 PM   #47
evansnakes
I made a phone call today to verify that a mutal friend of mine and Lee's did in fact take the frozen albino rattlesnakes from me and put them in his freezer at home. He repeatedly offered them to Lee. And offered to deliver them to Lee. Lee told him he did not want them, all the time wanting me to pay the balance on the dead animals he sold me because he did not believe they were dead or that they were sick even though I called him right from the time I got them home to tell him they would not eat and did not look right to me. After almost 3 years my friend threw them out. Lee will not ever dispute that claim or call that person a liar! If Lee is so wanting the money from the montior that he feels I owe him he can apply the money he refused to refund me on the dead rattlesnakes towards it. He can ask his buddy John to cut him in on the snake he helped him to steal from me to cover that monitor. He can ask the kid he let steal my albino burm to chip in as well. A show promoter that helps people steal from his vendors? Great.

I am not going to argue with Mark. He is one of the few good quality cb vendors that have done Lee's show. And Mark knows how much I have always liked Lee and how highly I thought of him. Until he started talking shit about me behind my back. And until he tried to rip me off three times. Well, there is no money coming to him on the third deal. I am out about $1500-1700 on deals with Lee. If he feels that I owe him $285 on that monitor (which again, he did not sell me for $400 and I paid much more than $115 for) than he can take consolation from the fact that in our many years of transactions he got many thousands of dollars from me in cages, animals, tables fees and ripping me off. That more than covers the $285.

And the reason this is popping up now is because I saw Lee at the Tinley Park show and he approached me there, calling me a deadbeat and other names in front of Mark Bell while I was talking to Mark. I walked away from him and did not pay him. So this is his way of trying to get even with me.

No matter what good Lee Watson has done, and regardless of what problems he is having now, I have nothing to show from our deals. The dead rattlesnakes are gone. The albino burm is gone. The retic John got is gone. I am done with Lee Watson.

Old 10-25-2006, 11:21 PM   #48
Neil Gubitz
Well, I just find it very ironic that this whole scandal is coming to the light of day, after all this time, right before the election!!.... Whatever happened to the separation of the State and Herps.... What is this world coming to??.... I sure hope we have an exit strategy planned....

Neil

Old 10-25-2006, 11:24 PM   #49
Chameleon Company
As dug up by Junkyard .. great catch by-the -way ..

Evan,
I do believe all is in context, is within this thread (although Junkyard imported your ad from 2004), and by your own words:

In about March 2003 (as stated by you earlier in this thread):
Quote:
At the time babies were selling for $1000 each, while animals the size of that one were worth half that ..... He told me to keep it and we would figure it out later. I had given him the bulk of his price up front.
Note, by your own words, once we fill in the blanks with the numbers you provided Evan, you are calling "$115" the "bulk of $400". At the time of this claim by you, quoted above, $115 had not been revealed as what you had paid. I have to say that, in my book, $115 is not the bulk of $400.

Quote:
When I took the animal I told Lee it was not as described and not worth as much as he wanted.
Just for reference, Lee wanted $400.

Lee says:
Quote:
When you went to my table and handed my wife $115 and told her that was our agreement
.... which you Evan acknowledge, so the $115 figure is accurate. Still a mystery in this thread is how you arrived at the value of the animal as not only being $115, but also that you could take possession of it for that amount and owe nothing else ...... or maybe only sort of owe it until you found a reason not to owe it !

11-09-2004, you post this ad to sell the animal:
Quote:
I have never offered this animal for sale. It has just been kept as a pet. $1000.
... must have been a hell of a year for inflation. Still have only paid $115 for the animal, a pittance of the actual price, have said "it isn't worth $400", and are hoping to get $1000, maybe haggled down to a paltry $750-800 (my estimate).

By your own words, you have twice earlier offered this logic for canceling the debt, which seems to be an "I owe you, but because of other unrelated reasons, we're even and I'm not going to pay you" (my deductive paraphrase)

Quote:
I owe you nothing Lee. You lied to me. You helped people steal from me. You cost me money in lost sales.
Quote:
.... if I ever would have paid him the $285 he thinks I owe him to just be done with him for good, which I was going to do, once I learned that he set up one of his buddies to rip me off for $800, that was never going to happen.
They are all your words Evan. Obviously you thought the animal had value in excess of $400, as you asked $1000, but may have been unable to convince anyone else of that. That happens to be your problem, and does not negate you of what you owe. We call that "a bad investment".

In your last post, we have this confirmation that you blame Lee for thefts by others, and a rattlesnake deal. Maybe you have claim here on one or more issues, but they are not related to your debt for the monitor, and seem dubious to be claimed as material in this deal:
Quote:
No matter what good Lee Watson has done, and regardless of what problems he is having now, I have nothing to show from our deals. The dead rattlesnakes are gone. The albino burm is gone. The retic John got is gone. I am done with Lee Watson.
Some in the viewing audience would have thought it best to pay the $285 in a timely fashion (like maybe in 2004, when you felt comfortable offering the animal for $1K). Your own words, as outlined above, do not endear your position to all, if even 50%, of those who have posted here.

This is unrelated to the cost-owe issue, but they are your words Evan, and I found a good chuckle in them:

Quote:
I did Lee's show because I thought I was his friend and I was supporting his show.
Just goes to show ...... heck, I always did shows because I thought it worth the entrepreneurial risk to me, and I hoped to make money, or at least advance my business name. To all my friends out there who are contemplating starting a show, and expect I will vend it solely because I am your friend (I don't do shows regardless anymore anyway) ... blow it out your ass !

Honestly speaking, I also don't think this episode will set you back, as you have a ton of satisfied and loyal customers. I also would not lose sleep over it. But I also would have ponied up the $285 long ago, as pimples on one's ass hurt (especially those self-inflicted), and are an impedimant to relaxation. Can you tell that they postponed the WS game tonight?

Old 10-25-2006, 11:37 PM   #50
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallPython777
What really infuriates me is this last post by Chuck Kimmel. I dont know you Chuck, but your statement about Lee "most folks recognize as a looser{nice spelling} and total disgrace" is just NOT true.
Oh please.....the guy's a scab that could care less if the last of a species was sold at his show as long as the table was paid for. He's a liar as it was posted by Griz, but personally...I already knew that.

Say...while I still have you all infuriated...tell me...if I grabbed Lee's left testicle would that sort of be like shaking hands with you...asshole? Did I spell asshole right Mr. Perfect?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!