Beware: Chuck Kimmel, Critterkeeper & Critical Bill - Page 27 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:46 PM   #261
hhmoore
OK - That's enough. This is a 5 yr old thread that got dragged up out of spite. If anybody wants to raise current business concerns about Chuck, do so; otherwise, let this die.
Settle your personal disagreements elsewhere.

Old 01-09-2010, 06:30 AM   #262
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
OK - That's enough. This is a 5 yr old thread that got dragged up out of spite. If anybody wants to raise current business concerns about Chuck, do so; otherwise, let this die.
Settle your personal disagreements elsewhere.

Thank you Harald.

Old 01-09-2010, 09:10 AM   #263
MiamiExotics
Chuck, I think your eluding.....cause you found yourself in a corner you put so many others in. Please advise, do you produce offspring and sell them? Is that your business? Is it registered, if not do you even have a fws permit in florida to sell animals? Business or not you need one. Just digging, like you like to do. If you do, then please post the public esc number. I can dig it up, its public record , but make it easy on me. Just wanting to let people know, since in Florida, if you dont have a permit, and sell to someone, that someone gets in just as much trouble as you.
Your silence on this will mean you avoiding it again, thus the general public assumption would be you DONT have one. Prove you do, and your selling reptile legally in Florida, and its all good.

Old 01-09-2010, 11:08 AM   #264
shrap
To keep this in terms that Rich would prefer, instead of terms I would prefer.....

Michael, your lack of knowledge on this subject is immense.

Old 01-09-2010, 11:22 AM   #265
MiamiExotics
How so? Just digging....like Chuck does....and it is relevant, so people know if he is so within the lines like he claims, if he is, great. Prove it
Unless you mean lack of knowledge on regulations, then there you are very wrong. My knowledge is better then most on it, both domestic and international, both good and bad.

Old 01-09-2010, 11:28 AM   #266
MiamiExotics
But I can also be shooting into the dark, as it can be Chuck is a nobody in the business, nor even in business, not even a breeder of any sort, thus doesnt produce anything, nor cares to. He might not even be a hobbyist, and I am not gonna dig that far, I have better things to do.
Which then makes all the above irrelevant. If so, oh well. But I ask myself why is he so involved then if he has nothing to care about.

Doesnt really matter either way,but if he does trade, sell, etc reptiles in Florida, then all the stuff he has done and said is hypocrisy. IS THAT spelled right? lol
Which then makes all the above irrelevant. If so, oh well.

Old 01-09-2010, 11:46 AM   #267
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiExotics View Post
But I can also be shooting into the dark, as it can be Chuck is a nobody in the business, nor even in business, not even a breeder of any sort, thus doesnt produce anything, nor cares to.
Ding ding ding!!!! Johnny, we have a winner!!! Tell him what he has won!!

Quote:
Which then makes all the above irrelevant. If so, oh well. But I ask myself why is he so involved then if he has nothing to care about.
I know it is hard for you and your ilk to even imagine this, but some folks are actually into this because of the critters themselves. Scumbags of all varieties effect everyone in this hobby. From the biggest breeders right on down to folks with modest collections. Anyone who keeps even a single herp should care.

Old 01-09-2010, 12:04 PM   #268
WebSlave
Quote:
But I can also be shooting into the dark, as it can be Chuck is a nobody in the business, nor even in business, not even a breeder of any sort, thus doesnt produce anything, nor cares to. He might not even be a hobbyist, and I am not gonna dig that far, I have better things to do.

Doesnt really matter either way,but if he does trade, sell, etc reptiles in Florida, then all the stuff he has done and said is hypocrisy. IS THAT spelled right? lol
Which then makes all the above irrelevant. If so, oh well.
Well, this is an interesting perspective. Right now, I have no critters at all. None. I am no longer a breeder, do not produce any baby critters, nor no longer care to. And I will have no reason to renew my FWCC license when it comes due. Not sure if that now excludes me from being a hobbyist or not. So does that mean I am no longer eligible to be involved in this business?

Please, tell me where it is stated anywhere that what you are referring to is any sort of requirement for participating within this site....

Old 01-09-2010, 12:15 PM   #269
shlages
Quote:
How so? Just digging....like Chuck does....and it is relevant, so people know if he is so within the lines like he claims, if he is, great. Prove it
Unless you mean lack of knowledge on regulations, then there you are very wrong. My knowledge is better then most on it, both domestic and international, both good and bad.
Your knowledge is so good that you IGNORED the LAW and profited from SMUGGLED animals?Sounds like a class act to me

Old 01-09-2010, 12:45 PM   #270
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Well, this is an interesting perspective. Right now, I have no critters at all. None. I am no longer a breeder, do not produce any baby critters, nor no longer care to. And I will have no reason to renew my FWCC license when it comes due. Not sure if that now excludes me from being a hobbyist or not. So does that mean I am no longer eligible to be involved in this business?

Please, tell me where it is stated anywhere that what you are referring to is any sort of requirement for participating within this site....
Since moving down here to Florida I haven't kept any critters, everything I had back in PA was given to a family that showed great interest in my turtles and frogs and such. Once I got down here I was so glad that I made that decision because there was so much unpacking to do. I'm still not completely unpacked.

Quite honestly I'm not over the shock and awe of having so many critters just naturally around me all the time. Seems sort of pointless to start a new collection up again when all I have to do is walk out my front door at any time of the day or night to appreciate naturally what would take an absorbent amount of my time caring for in captivity.

I'll probably never keep any critters again, maybe perhaps if the kids catch the herp bug and ask me to set up a small enclosure or something. But they seem pretty content right now to watch the snakes and lizards and frogs and turtles do their thing right around our house.

More importantly, being around such a diverse amount of wildlife in their natural settings has me a bit conflicted in what I've been hearing people say is their natural RIGHT to keep whatever they want. I'm sort of with the feeling that its not actually a right but rather an extreme privilege and a heavy responsibility that a lot of folks are not aware of or ready for.

I'm having fun experiencing and enjoying herps from a different angle. I do know I place more value on an anole than a sellers asking price of a dollar or two. They are incredible creatures to watch running around my lanai while I'm floating in the pool sipping a gin & tonic.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!