Misting for humidity - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-19-2011, 02:30 PM   #1
The Python Lab
Misting for humidity

Since i started i've been misting my tubs to keep up humidity. Today i went and purchased a humidifier that measures room humidity. highest setting is 60%. Opinions on wether this will be enough for me to not have to manually mist the tubs any longer?

Old 11-19-2011, 10:40 PM   #2
missandrea
That depends on a lot of things. What type of bedding do you use? What is the size of your room, size of the humidifier? What type of flooring and ventilation does your room have? How is your room heated? What are the temps in your cages (hot and cold sides).

All of these things will have an effect on your humidity in your enclosures. Best way to figure it out is try it. See if you have a bad shed. Depending on all of those different things, I have personally experienced differences in humidity.

I personally like to use cypress mulch in my tubs and keep it moist, keeping the humidity in the tubs, rather than the whole room. I like to use a humidifier in the winter with base board heat and radiators.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!