Inquiry Shannon Bray (slickslug) - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-23-2017, 08:32 PM   #31
Snake-Queen
It is a shame his response was so vague and unhelpful (maybe even a little evading). I prefer to look at all the animals available and pick my own. His comment about choosing an animal for the customer, then sending pics, leaves a bad taste in my mouth … it is reminiscent of a breeder of another type of animal, whose reputation is marred.

I say it's a shame that he wasn't more forthcoming & immediately went on the defense (which I could've dismissed), as he has some very nice sunset Hogs & I am in the market for a male.
Attached Images

Old 03-23-2017, 11:11 PM   #32
Keith Brady
Hi, I took the time the other night to photograph 40 boas... 10+ pics of each one... this was to make sure I got just the right shot any potential customer might want or need. There were 426 pictures. I then spent hours and hours choosing the best pics and putting them in a folder for each. I am willing to work for you, to listen to what you are looking for, and then spend the time finding 4 or 5 animals out of the 40, which best fit the criteria laid out by you. I will then send pics and prices of those specific animals for you to peruse.
I put in a huge amount of time taking proper photographs. Just look at my website... http://www.pbase.com/slickslug/root... that is 1000's and 1000's of hours of work. And it was suggested I just may have concocted my website and those snake pictures by pic collecting... I'm published in multiple media, both for reptiles and birds. My Lattes and Fades (I coined those terms in reference to snakes), and pictures I took were included in the cool book "Designer Morphs" by John Berry. Anyone who can't tell that my website is genuine, well, you just go on believing that. Alternative facts I guess.
Over 90% of all inquiries I've received online over the years (100's and 100's and 100's and 100's, yes, I used to post a shitload on Kingsnake.com... anybody cyberslueth that?)... well over 90% are from people who get high by shopping and never buying, that's the nature of the business. I understand that. I deal with that. New to me is the self-righteous skepticism. Skepticism is essential and I am a skeptic by nature.
I am pleased that despite all this, I am receiving plenty of contacts from folks who are simply looking for a fantastically gorgeous, healthy snake with no bugs or problems from a guy who will answer any question they ask... even when it is detrimental to a sale. JUST ASK.
Most folks are delighted they can describe what they are looking for (male or female, pattern type, degree of coloration) and that I go through the time and trouble of sorting through 40 snakes to find multiple specimens that fit their request... and then send killer pics that they can choose from. This does not leave a bad taste in their mouth's, but rather makes them happy that I care from beginning through the lifetime of the animal. I sold a guy a pair of box turtles 14 years ago... he brought them back 2 months ago.
So, in the course of 27 years and literally multiple 1000's of serpent sales, I've had to deal with all sorts... liars, thieves, cheaters, criminals, scum, scammers, the paranoid, deranged and neurotic, and some of the most wonderful people I've ever met in my life. The business has apparently changed... I guess I was out of the loop when scammers all swooped in... back in the day, yes even not so long ago when there were the internet and computers, there was more of a brotherhood amongst us all. Maybe it was easier then, you knew who all the select scumbags and scammers were. Things have changed.
Anyway before I go... I realize many of you seemingly have had bad experiences through the years, and I certainly believe you have. Take a second to imagine you are on the other end, maybe me... a guy who has sold many 1000's of snakes with nary ever a complaint. For those 1000's of sales, I've dealt with many, many 1000's of people (through so many shows, internet inquires, and the Latte and Fade Borneo craze). Imagine all the stories I could tell you about my trials and tribulations with customers...
To paraphrase a post by Ross in this thread... I am just a guy who has no need for drama, got out of the business because that's the way it was headed, but yet has some fantastic animals in search of completely satisfied owners.
Oh, and while I am at this, I guess I will confess I must have Broke Bad... first let me post David Beard's words which appeared in this thread "Upon searching Fauna with the email address, I came upon this thread....which is 10 years old and has a different last name attached. The more I dig the more confused I get.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...rs%40yahoo.com"
Please do read that link...
So, the logic is I Broke Bad after that point, went "dark" and shifty, all the meanwhile avoiding "bad press" along the way.
Consider this... I gather some of you were in diapers, but it was well known at the time that I had some Borneo Short-tailed Pythons that were unlike any ever seen in the world before... at one point, at market value, I had over $250,000 worth of snakes in the house (seems big time to me,) and I wasn't about to post as KEITH BRADY FROM OLYMPIA, WASHINGTON. Would those so cautious in their dealings with me have been so forthright in revealing themselves in such a situation? You know, with all the scammers and such... Just seems like an invite for a break-in, no? Hence, the perceived need by me -at the time- to use an alternative, and the origination of an account in my wife's name Shannon "Bray"... yeah, we know how to spell it. You could have just asked me to explain instead of what you did.
OK, I know some of you live by the key board and screen, and it has been fun to a degree, but I will leave the drama to you. Go on if you must, I am out. I invite anyone looking for absolutely fantastic boas, which are 100% guaranteed, from a guy who has a spotless 27 year track record (even if sometimes you can't find "evidence" of such on the internet) and is willing to spend the time to make sure you get what you want... just let me know.
Otherwise, fare the well.
Keith

Old 03-23-2017, 11:53 PM   #33
DavidBeard
I guess you're the biggest breeder nobody has ever heard of, Keith.

So you admit to purposely creating a fake name online to avoid burglars? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

As I've stated before......if you're as big and well known and famous and bonafide as you claim to be, why can you only provide ONE......not two or three or a thousand, ONE reference this decade?

I don't know what kind of customers you get but I don't want YOU to pick an animal out for me, I want you to price each one and have it in black & white so I can pick what *I* want according to aesthetics and according price. I'm obviously not alone in this mentality.

Old 03-24-2017, 12:00 AM   #34
bobcochran
David, I'm starting to wonder if YOU can read. He clearly said: describe what you're interested in and he would supply pictures and prices. Seems cut and dried to me.

Old 03-24-2017, 12:05 AM   #35
nickolasanastasiou
I understand the draw of wanting to post under a pseudonym to attempt to avoid thieves, but we have a rule here and participation comes with expectation.

As for the new account, it is banned. The old one has a matter to attend to before it can post again while remaining compliant (and I strongly recommend that).

Old 03-24-2017, 12:15 AM   #36
DavidBeard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcochran View Post
David, I'm starting to wonder if YOU can read. He clearly said: describe what you're interested in and he would supply pictures and prices. Seems cut and dried to me.
Thats an incredibly obtuse and unorthodox way of posting animals for sale, is it not? Why is it so hard to post prices for individual animals? Isn't that what 99% of the sellers on here do?

Old 03-24-2017, 06:13 AM   #37
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Brady View Post
The business has apparently changed... I guess I was out of the loop when scammers all swooped in... back in the day, yes even not so long ago when there were the internet and computers, there was more of a brotherhood amongst us all. Maybe it was easier then, you knew who all the select scumbags and scammers were. Things have changed.
Anyway before I go... I realize many of you seemingly have had bad experiences through the years, and I certainly believe you have.
I guess I'm having a problem with the way that Keith has just shown that he realizes the rationale for the questions and doubts here when he hid behind a name that wasn't his.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Brady View Post
OK, I know some of you live by the key board and screen, and it has been fun to a degree, but I will leave the drama to you
And yet criticizes those people who are participating and who have essentially said the very same things as he said in the paragraph above.

Keith, hiding identity while inviting transactions is something scammers do. And when it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, and when even you have shown that you realize that scammers abound, it seems somehow out of place for you to insult those trying to protect this community and who are careful and have asked questions on this thread.

Old 03-24-2017, 12:57 PM   #38
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBeard View Post

I don't know what kind of customers you get but I don't want YOU to pick an animal out for me, I want you to price each one and have it in black & white so I can pick what *I* want according to aesthetics and according price. I'm obviously not alone in this mentality.
I agree.

While I sometimes don't mind asking the price on an animal, I do like to see all available, not what you think I might like. Maybe the price is too much on one, but depending on color, pattern and/or genetics, I may toss out my spending limit.

Heck, sometimes I'm not sure what I'm looking for, as in color/pattern, but I would know it if I saw it. Maybe I'd like one of the ones you didn't show me better …

All of that seems like a lot more work than necessary.

Old 05-12-2017, 07:49 AM   #39
blazinbrickcity
Old but sounds good:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ht=Keith+Brady

Keith is a great guy according to this chaoscat:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ht=Keith+Brady

I'm interested in a sunset hog so hopefully this user ID thing gets resolved asap.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!