And into the lay box she goes! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-23-2008, 08:52 PM   #11
Beardiepal
She is trying to figure it out !!!

Hey kelly-don't worry if she is not eating...most go off food when they are about to lay...the bath was a great idea. I would put her back in her tank tonight and watch her tomorrow...if she is scratching at the tile reintroduce her to the lay box. I always pour a kettle of boiling water on the mound and start up the basking lights to warm it up...wait a while and make sure its packed down....then put her in...sometimes if you dig an opening for a burrow they will get the idea.... I am sure you know about the laybox but thought this was an opportunity to post one...Good luck Kelly...she will lay when she is ready...the plywood is not necessary....Love B

Lucy in her burrow

Old 04-24-2008, 01:54 PM   #12
GottaLuvHerps
day 3 and

still not a damned thing! i took her out again, gave her a bath, gave her some food (which she wont touch) and put her in her regular tank. shes digging like a madwoman at every corner, but when shes in the lay box, she sits on top of the dirt hill and does NOTHING! its driving me INSANE!
this breeding thing is for the birds i swear. ricotta (my leo) is doing the same damned thing - digging everywhere, tossing all her dirt out of her humid hide (laybox), but still dragging her butt around and wont lay.
stubborn brats.
ill let you all know how things progress....

Old 04-24-2008, 05:56 PM   #13
Beardiepal
Fun Times

Aighn't it fun !!!! LoL...Keep us posted girl....B

Old 04-26-2008, 12:22 PM   #14
Nails44
RE: Zeke

Congrats Kelly

Mike

Old 04-26-2008, 10:02 PM   #15
GottaLuvHerps
almost time!

holy hell is she digging now! shes been at it all day! i think we should have eggs from her any time now. the poor thing is COVERED in dirt head to toe, but im not pulling her out to bathe her until these eggs drop. we moved the laybox to the hallway closet so she is COMPLETELY alone and private, and that seems to be working well.
so, i should have zeke eggs, the new sinai agamid eggs, and leopard gecko eggs all at the same time. god i hope the incubator is big enough! lol
ill let you know as soon as she lays, dont worry!

Old 04-26-2008, 10:32 PM   #16
Beardiepal
Congats kelly, Matt and Zeke

be sure she covers them and is moving around the lay box before you remove her to give her a bath. So glad !!! What a waiting period...I could see you two, pacing back & forth like in the waiting room...LOL. Takle good care beth

Old 04-27-2008, 06:43 PM   #17
dragonsr#1
There Here

WE HAVE EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kelly will have more info on them soon she is working on getting the eggs out of the lay box now.

Old 04-27-2008, 06:57 PM   #18
Beardiepal
iam so happyfor you all...and what a relief to Zeke....its so funny to talk about Zeke as a lady who just laid her eggs, LOL. Take good care beth

Old 04-27-2008, 07:36 PM   #19
GottaLuvHerps
whew, we can breathe now! 18 big huge gorgeous eggs! all of them white with a big ole pink spot. 9 of them were stuck together in a big bunch, but mike (nails) coached me and i got them all apart safely. the container i had for them was not big enough (we were NOT expecting 18 eggs her first time laying), so i had to grab a cake pan and use that with saran wrap over the top. should that work ok??? i think it will be fine as long as the metal pan doesnt cause issues. i can always switch it tomorrow when i go get a bigger plastic container.
im so happy. and zeke was SO hilarious covered head to toe in dirt. i put her in a nice long bath, scrubbed her wtih a toothbrush to get all the dirt off i could, fed her 7 superworms and a bunch of greens with mangos and papayas (her favs), and put her back home. she looks happy to be there. so now she will be babied the next few days.
now onto girl #2 who is going to pop soon too! still waiting on the leos and the sinais to lay too. i know, i have to get pics of everyone lol
kelly

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!