Inquiry--Next World Exotics - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-07-2002, 12:21 PM   #1
Kelly S
I may order some Uroplatus geckos from Jon and Shannon at Next World Exotics in Lantana, FL, and was wondering if anyone has done business with them and has any experiences to share.
Thanks in advance,
Kelly Sharp

Old 11-07-2002, 01:37 PM   #2
Rob Hill/Geckos Anonymous
Kelly,

I would not reccomend doing business with Jon Dvoretz of Nextworld Exotics.  He and I did business almost two years ago on several geckos.  He and I spoke over the phone on several occasions and he seemed like a cool guy(I still think he's an okay person, just a crappy person to do business with).  Well, we worked out a trade/cash deal and I sent him my animals(some crested geckos) and he sent mine.  Well, the animals were shipped USPS during the coldest part of the year(mistake on both our parts, but my animals made it to him fine and heat packs were in with his animals and nice and warm)in a very beat up looking box.  I am pretty sure that the USPS just ended up beating the crap out of the box.  Well, needless to say many of the animals arrived dead and nearly dead.  I called Jon immediately and we discussed this as there were several high-end geckos in the box.  Well, he told me to file a claim with USPS which I promptly did by taking the box and dead animals(lost the majority of them in less than 24 hours).  He told me if for whatever reason USPS would not cover the cost of the animals, that he would still cover my money either in animals or in cash.  Well, I filled out the forms and spoke with the manager and was told they would look into whether or not they would cover the insurance or not(the box was insured for $500 if I remember right).  Well, I still kept in contact with Jon and even sent money for more animals which arrived ok, but he didn't send me everything he was supposed to, and promised he would make it up and send out what he owed.  Well, that never happened.  Also, after several weeks of "investigating" USPS declined my claim due to the fact they were live animals and that they didn't believe the box was damaged enough to cause the death/injuries of the animals.  I told Jon of this and he promptly disappeared for a while.  
Well, a few months go by and we get back in contact.  I tell him that I have pretty much written off ever getting any money back from him, but that he should at least pay the $120(out of the nearly 700 I sent him in animals/cash) for 3 of the geckos which I had presold to a good friend of mine.  Unfortunately, I couldn't refund my friend the money immediately due to me having to spend it to get his animals here in the first place.  Jon told me to have my friend contact him and he would work it out and that he would also take care of me on that last shipment of animals he didn't complete.  Cool.  Well, Jon disappears again and the last I hear from him was a few months ago.  My friend has been able to track him down several times on AIM but keeps getting the "I don't need this crap now, but I'll take care of you so lyou leave me alone" lines.  
Bottom line, this guy has turned out to be a flake when it comes to business.  He's cool to talk to and probably a fun dude to hang out with, but I will NEVER again trust him with a dime of my money.
And by some chance you are reading this Jon, please contact either me or Daniel Scantlebury ASAP so we can resolve whatever this matter.  I want him to be taken care of like you SAID YOU WOULD!

Old 11-07-2002, 06:32 PM   #3
trisha
I live here in Lantana and the phone numbers for Jon Dvoretz is
spam_ spam_ spam_ spam_ spam_ spam_ spam_ spam_ spam_ spam_ 561-966-4664
spam_ spam_ spam_ spam_ spam_ spam_ spam_ spam_ spam_ spam_ 561-966-8722
Address is spam_ spam_ 2773 Windswept Dr.

spam_ spam_ spam_ spam_ spam_ spam_ spam_ spam_ Trisha Pierce

Old 11-08-2002, 10:42 AM   #4
Xtreme Reptiles
I was Planning to leave this topic alone, but after reading what he did to someone else it seems he has not changed... I bought some animals from jon about 7 years ago and lets just say they were not in the best of shape... He promised to make good the next time... Guess what happened "poff' he is gone... It took a long time to recover anything from the loss of the animals... I finnally had to get compesated by his source which was not happy in dong so either... I have seen him pop in and out of this industry many times over the few years and he seems to have the same business practices... i would be cautious if this transaction did not occur in person

Old 11-08-2002, 11:08 AM   #5
He has supposedly been popping in and out of the mammal business as well over the last few years.  So if you see him selling various primates or other mammals, beware as well.  
It is apparently his practice to pop in, make a few sales/scams, then pop back out until his name is forgotten, then pop back in and repeat.  

Buyer DEFINITELY beware!

Old 11-19-2002, 11:00 AM   #6
I know this thread is down at the bottom of the pile, but since Jon Dvoretz is back on kingsnake peddling his wares I thought I would bring this thread back to the top for those who might be considering doing business with him and Next World Exotics.

BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-08-2002, 11:35 PM   #7
nextworld3
I figured id say hi to all that bash me

Hi everyone,
I'm not here to defend myself just tell the truth. The top part of roberts letter is pretty much true. i never remember saying i'd make good, if the post office didn't, but the last email i sent him about 2 weeks ago i told him we'd figure something out it seems he forgot about that, does anyone know anybody out there who takes responsibilty for carrier mishandlings. i didn't think so. if anyone thinks im responsible for carrier mishandling please let me know. he says it himself that it was the usps fault!

And off to the next 1, hi alfredo wheres my necropsy report??? (or even a body i thought i was pretty clear about that???) does anyone out there take someones word that something died? and who buys animals that are in questionable condition when they pick them out?

thanks
jon dvoretz

Old 12-09-2002, 12:14 AM   #8
Jon,

you told me specifically that if USPS did not refund my money, that you would take care of it either by refunding my money or by making the cost up in animals(gee Jon, you also told me to PAD what was DOA with some animals that I had dead in my freezer, remember THAT?). USPS said they would have to get it approved and that would take some time. You were kept informed of this. It took them over a month and they said NO, they would not cover the cost of the animals even if it was their mistake(which they felt it wasn't) due to the fact they were live animals. When I heard this, I informed you.
And all I heard from you two weeks ago was that you would take care of Daniel before Christmas. Quite honestly, Jon, I don't believe a word that comes out of your mouth. I do not expect one red cent from you of what you owe me on that deal. However, I most certainly DO expect you to hold up to your end of the deal when it comes to refunding Daniel, which on NUMEROUS occasions over the last two years you have said you would do. It is only $120 Jon, why would it take you TWO years to come up with that?

Old 12-09-2002, 01:36 AM   #9
WebSlave
Exclamation Hate to disagree with you, Jon......

Quote:
does anyone know anybody out there who takes responsibilty for carrier mishandlings. i didn't think so.
But yes, quite a few people take responsibility until the animals are safely in their customers' hands. I certainly know that I do. And from the several threads that have been on the BOI about just this very same problem, a lot of other people do as well.

The seller owns the animals until they get safely to the customer. No matter what the cause of a mishap.

Quite frankly, I have been in the market for some items in the past, and if I see someone claim that the merchandise belongs to ME once they hand it over to the carrier, I just take my business elsewhere. When I am buying something, I expect you to get it to me safely and in as good of shape as if you handed to me directly at your front door.

And personally, I do not believe that ANYONE should expect anything less.

IMHO.

Old 12-09-2002, 02:54 AM   #10
nextworld3
hi again

Robert
this is getting petty.email me you # or call me 561 385 3001 and we can work out something. you keep saying $120? is this for you or for daniel if its for daniel i talked to him tonight and a lot of other times ive already worked it out with him, ask him yourself. when i met you it was when i was getting out of the bussines anyways about a year later i thought about getting back into it. i decided not to now almost 3 yrs later i have decided too. thats why to you it may seem like i come and go. before i meet you i was a broker for non aza zoos and large breeders for almost 5 yrs and that industry kept getting bashed by pita and usda most people got out of it around then including me thats why i went into reptiles and thats when i meet you in my last yr of the buss. but you cant stay away from what you love to do. so i decided to get back into it and if after i take care of the $120 for daniel we should be squared away unless i owe you something too?if so please call me, we both know i didnt send you dying animals and know it was the shiping conditions so lets figure this out and not act like kids. its impossible for me to keep everyone happy im sure at somepoint in time everyone has pissed someone else off. thats life. if we can fix this i would like too. i did enjoy talking to you and never really knew we had a problem till about 1 month ago so lets try to fix it
hope to hear from you soon jon

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!