Oxbow 'Critical Care-Fine Grind'--Great stuff! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues

Notices

Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues Anything to do with veterinarians, health issues, pathogens, hygiene, or sanitation.

Old 04-06-2011, 05:47 PM   #1
maggiemay1969
Oxbow 'Critical Care-Fine Grind'--Great stuff!

Hi guys!

Oxbow "Critical Care-Fine Grind" powder..

I just wanted to put in a good word for this amazing stuff my vet recently gave me. I wasn't sure where to post this, and this area seemed the best suited. It was given to me for our male beardie who has recently begun a hunger strike! He eats it through a syringe and it is meant to keep his digestive system healthy and to get some good vitamins/minerals until he decides to eat again. He ate wonderful prior and seems to take this alright so far, so far so good.

Anyways, even though it was given to me for my male beardie, I have a sick MHD that has been ill for quite awhile and we have been force feeding waxworms on occasion just to keep her going, which is quite traumatic for both her and us. Not fun having her fight us and forcing anything down but we have been desperately trying to get her back to health. She had been drinking water willingly, but had been refusing all else and kept getting skinnier and more lethargic each day. Until now. I decided to see if she would have any interest in this 'Critical Care-Fine Grind' powder, made by a company called Oxbow. The stuff given to me for the male beardie. And WOW, She LOVES it, and licks it up willingly from a tiny syringe, will ingest 3+ syringes full a day, and has for the past 3 days now...Amazing. No feeding by force and she is more alert and active and fuller looking than she has been in six weeks. And finally pooping well too. I have also put a bit of calcium w/D3 in there for an extra boost. It seems to have made her do a 180 in terms of health/activity/alertness etc.

No, I do not work for this company at all, but I just wanted to share my experience w/the product as we had been at our wits end getting our MHD to eat anything at all. insects, baby food, gatorade, we'd tried everything else we had read. I was so happily shocked at her acceptance of this stuff. I just have a wonderful feeling her health will continue to improve. Along with this and her final dose of Pancur on Monday, for the parasites that had started the whole downhill slide in the first place.

This powder can be purchased by most herp vets I believe, and/or online from several pet care sites. AND it is not very expensive, only 13.00 I believe for a very large bag...I'm just so psyched I wanted to share.

If even one person who is having trouble with an appetite issue reads this and it helps them, then my post will have been worth it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!