Info Chris Kalesnick, Christina Seely, Christina Eby, Christina ebyvseely - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-03-2016, 10:33 PM   #21
Ecastelot
Scammed

Christina Kalesnick and Chris Kalesnick recently screwed over a well known and respected breeder in the bp community. A simple shipping error occurred and two snakes got mixed up. This couple received a snake that was worth exponentially more than the snake they purchased. Upon discovering its worth they refused a refund, refused to ship the animal back per sellers request, and refused to pay the difference or the full amount for the snake they acquired. Luckily the state of Maine shipping live animals does not apply to normal mail laws and regulatikns, and since he original purchaser was compensated I stepped forward to put money towards the snake legally making it mine. I have been in contact with Brunswick police to ask how I can legally go about this situation. In main if you have proof of transaction and someone refuses to give you your property they can be charged with theft.

Old 11-04-2016, 03:36 AM   #22
LauraB
Huh? More information is needed here. If you have emails, phone texts, ect, please provide them here, Emily. This is your first post here, so readers will likely want to see more information. And please understand, I am in NO way defending the actions of Chris Kalesnick, Christina Seely, Christina Eby, Christina ebyvseely. I know they are thieves and scammers.

How could you have "stepped forward" to purchase a BP that is not legal to own in the state of Maine? Maybe I am a moron, but it is my understanding that if a particular species is not deemed legal to own in a particular state, then unless you have all the legal permits and permissions already in place and approved, then you cannot just step in and buy that species (snake) and call it legal.

Proof of transaction does not necessarily equate to a legal transaction.

I am not calling you out, just curious about your post and claim.

Old 11-04-2016, 06:31 AM   #23
BillZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
Huh? More information is needed here. If you have emails, phone texts, ect, please provide them here, Emily. This is your first post here, so readers will likely want to see more information. And please understand, I am in NO way defending the actions of Chris Kalesnick, Christina Seely, Christina Eby, Christina ebyvseely. I know they are thieves and scammers.

How could you have "stepped forward" to purchase a BP that is not legal to own in the state of Maine? Maybe I am a moron, but it is my understanding that if a particular species is not deemed legal to own in a particular state, then unless you have all the legal permits and permissions already in place and approved, then you cannot just step in and buy that species (snake) and call it legal.

Proof of transaction does not necessarily equate to a legal transaction.

I am not calling you out, just curious about your post and claim.
I am also confused about what she is saying. The FTC has laws that address receiving goods you did not order and from what I can see, all allow the receiver to keep those goods. May be a s***bag thing to do but within this community I'm afraid you will see more of that then them doing the right thing. I'm wondering how you were sold a snake the seller no longer owned. I wish you luck but with who you are dealing with, I'm doubtful you will be successful.

Old 11-04-2016, 05:14 PM   #24
LauraB
I stand corrected. Not sure why I thought BP's were illegal in Maine since they are hardly dangerous, but for some reason I did. They are not illegal in Maine. Sorry!

Old 11-04-2016, 06:19 PM   #25
rcarichter
This transaction was also brought up on Facebook. She was informed that this was being mentioned in many forums across the community. As a moderator, I tried to give her an "out" to simply send the snake back before it was posted here, and everywhere else. Here are a few of her responses to me, directly cut and pasted from messages, except I edited out a word that I assume is not allowed here:

When your there tell HH Moore to kiss my ass. I don't use drains or any of you breeders.

I had the police over. Showed the video of the box opening and what came out and they said it was shipped to you. YOU OWN IT....sellers loss.

Girl maybe u can mind own buis. Snake staying here. Cause Frank keeps changing mine. Well on Fauna tell hhmoore he's still a pr***

I'm keeping the snake as to how this was handle and my family threatened and harassed.

For the record, I never did figure out what she meant in the comment about the "drains". I did ask.

Noelle

Old 11-04-2016, 07:03 PM   #26
nickolasanastasiou
Having had the "pleasure" of trying to decipher the Dumbvinci Code, I think the meaning of "drains" might elude us into perpetuity.

Old 11-04-2016, 10:48 PM   #27
BillZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
Having had the "pleasure" of trying to decipher the Dumbvinci Code, I think the meaning of "drains" might elude us into perpetuity.
I'm thinking she meant "brains". I don't use "brains"

Old 11-04-2016, 11:13 PM   #28
nickolasanastasiou
If only he (it seems that he poses as his significant other; the stuff of legendary bravery) were that paradoxically self-aware.

Old 11-05-2016, 08:05 AM   #29
OceanSpirit
I've been following this on FB, and the whole thing is just shady. The seller screwed up. It happens, and the decent, honest thing to do would have been to ship the animal back once the receiver realized a mistake had been made. If I were the seller, I would have probably offered a partial refund to the incorrect recipient if the mistaken one was returned to compensate them for the time and inconvenience of having to ship the animal back. I'm not defending the recipients--their refusal to work with the seller is a crappy thing to do, but they didn't technically or legally steal the animal as I understand it: they purchased a snake and received a snake that was clearly addressed to them. What bothers me most about the way this situation is being handled is the involvement of the third party, Ms. Castelot. On a FB thread in which her involvement was questioned, she stated that she purchased the animal from the seller AFTER they became aware of the recipients' refusal to return the snake...for only the price of shipping. She bought rights to a high end snake for $40ish from a person who no longer had the snake in his/her possession and who most likely no longer had any right to sell it. This is shady to me. First off, if I'm wrong and the original seller has legal recourse to retake possession of the snake, why not give the original purchaser first dibs? Ms. Castelot is arguing for return of the snake much more aggressively than the seller is. To me, it sounds like she's trying to capitalize on this error just as much as the Kalesnicks.

Old 11-05-2016, 09:56 AM   #30
rcarichter
The original seller has stated that he did not want the snake to return to his collection. Upon the snake's return (healthy) to Emily, he would refund the money, including shipping. The person who was originally supposed to receive the snake has been compensated and is satisfied.
There was no theft here. Just a matter of decency and reputation.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!