Reptile Hobby Survey - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 07-04-2009, 03:16 PM   #1
Windy
Reptile Hobby Survey

The Ratsnake Foundation have launched there sister site today www.reptilesurveys.info a site specifically to run a series of surveys, on various aspects of the hobby, ratsnake husbandry, breedinig etc.

The site is open to anyone, anywhere to participate in, as, that way, we feel we will get a broader audience and greater participation. There is a simple captcha to complete before taking the survey, this is in place soley to stop spam bots from submitting there junk through it (not to test your maths ability ).

The results of the surveys will be published on the Ratsnake Foundation and also in other herpetological societies newsletters who are co-operating with us.

Please take a moment to visit the site and take the survey your participation is greatly appreciated - Thank you

The Reptile Hobby Survey

Old 07-05-2009, 02:29 AM   #2
Tiger Lilly
I just took the survey. It went pretty quick for 50 questions, but I did find myself adding comments more often than not, just to add to the choice of answers they gave.
The site itself looks like it will have some good info, but I only have the one wc rat snake and don't plan on expanding.

Old 07-05-2009, 03:02 AM   #3
Uroboros
I'm a little miffed. I scored a 12 out of 400 available points.

What is their hangup with ratsnakes?

Do you keep any ratsnakes? No
What species of ratsnakes to you keep? Um, none.
How many different ratsnakes to you keep? I think I said NONE ALREADY

I wonder what the data is going to be used for.

Edit: HAHAHAH. Ok, I read the OP's post thoroughly. I see the hangup on ratsnakes now. lol

Old 07-05-2009, 04:37 AM   #4
Tiger Lilly
DOH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uroboros View Post

Edit: HAHAHAH. Ok, I read the OP's post thoroughly. I see the hangup on ratsnakes now. lol
Sometimes you can be such a dolt...and I mean that in the nicest possible way!

Old 07-05-2009, 04:50 AM   #5
Uroboros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Lilly View Post
Sometimes you can be such a dolt...and I mean that in the nicest possible way!
I love you, too, sweetheart

Old 07-05-2009, 11:22 AM   #6
Windy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Lilly View Post
I just took the survey. It went pretty quick for 50 questions, but I did find myself adding comments more often than not, just to add to the choice of answers they gave.
The site itself looks like it will have some good info, but I only have the one wc rat snake and don't plan on expanding.
Thank you for taking the time to respond to the survey - very much appreciated - comments are good - in the future we hope to be adding more surveys to the application which are more specific in nature eg: quarantine procedures, incubation techniques etc.

Quote:

Do you keep any ratsnakes? No
What species of ratsnakes to you keep? Um, none.
How many different ratsnakes to you keep? I think I said NONE ALREADY

Yehhh we LOVE RATSNAKES - a big thank you too for completing the survey - mucho appreciated

Old 07-05-2009, 11:42 AM   #7
Windy
Quote:

The answers from this particular survey will hopefully give a general overview of the hobby worldwide, across different continents, cultures and age groups. It may also reveal some interesting trends within the hobby.

The purpose of the surveys is mainly to gather data for analysis. We feel that the results will be of interest to other hobbyists, as well as breeders, retail outlets, manufacturers and in some instances (depending on subject matter) scientists etc.

Old 07-05-2009, 11:43 AM   #8
DAND
Quote:

I didn't see any points/score.

Old 07-05-2009, 01:46 PM   #9
Uroboros
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND View Post

Old 07-05-2009, 03:13 PM   #10
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND View Post
And what was up with having to do math to take the survey. I guess if you are bad at math you can't take the survey.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!