I want a hognose - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Hognose Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-24-2004, 03:22 PM   #1
bunji
I want a hognose

I want a Hognose Snake (don't mind which) and I have put up an ad for the snake. But what would you need otherwise? (Like, how big does the tank need to be? What foods do they eat? What should I Put inside the tank?) And are there any other fields of keeping a Hognose that I've forgotten and I need if I am going to have one?

Please help me quickly.

Cheers.

(This is my first post by the way )

Old 08-24-2004, 05:57 PM   #2
Mark and Aimee
Try this:

http://www.hognose.com

That should help you decide what kind of hognose you want, and how to take care of it (my personal recommendation would be a Western).

When you've made those decisions and gained that knowledge, you'll be able to come back to this thread, and ask a specific question that was not answered by the care articles in the above link.

Old 09-01-2004, 07:17 PM   #3
Hognose_311
I would say a western, in a 20gal. tank, with about 5 inches of substrate. They eat pinkies, unless you want to breed feeder frogs(not a good idea) ...You will need a heat pad, and a hiding spot, for further info email me.

Old 01-23-2005, 05:37 AM   #4
ladyserpent7
i disagree with michael or hognose 311. You do need at heat pad, or at least one kind of heat source ( i suggest a heat pad cuz theyre safer) Definitely dont get a heat rock. That can hurt your snakes skin. I also suggest getting a western cuz theyre so much easier to take care of and they would rather have mice than frogs. Id also suggest a 20gal. long. I say long cuz they dont really climb and so long would just give them more space to dig around. My hognose has sand, and she LOVES it. Shes always diggin around. Its really good excercise for their muscles, so in my opinion, sand is good. Also, disagreeing w/ michael, i would suggest a small hiding spot cuz when they want to sleep, they like to be sheltered... most of the time. If you dont get a hiding spot, its okay cuz they could just sleep under their bowl of water, like mine used to do.

Old 01-23-2005, 05:39 AM   #5
ladyserpent7
Oh sorry michael it was only after i sent that that i realized you said DO NEED A HEATING PAD AND HIDING SPOT. My bad

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!