Good Guy Jeremy Stone - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-28-2014, 12:55 PM   #1
Rick.Alvarez77
Jeremy Stone

What an awesome guy, was prompt about shipping and my new CA t positive albino got here today in perfect health, glad to have Helios as part of the family.

This is my second attempt at posting this as I accidentally posted it in the mammals section the first time.

Old 09-01-2014, 08:42 AM   #2
dieselfan
I think you meant to say NOT awesome guy...

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=452678

Old 09-01-2014, 09:08 AM   #3
Robert Walker
Thanks for posting that Patrick, I missed the whole thread until now.

Old 09-01-2014, 10:18 AM   #4
Rick.Alvarez77
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselfan View Post
I think you meant to say NOT awesome guy...

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=452678
I had heard about this and aren't they denying the allegations? Besides from that isn't it mostly conjecture w/ little to no evidence to incriminate him? In any case I'm not ready to make an opinion based on those things just yet and stand by my current one. He got me a beautiful healthy boa and that's all I could ask for and he was very polite and quick about it as well. So, until there's a set consensus on whether or not he actually did It I'll hold off on the judgement

Old 09-01-2014, 11:54 AM   #5
JCCS
If I'm not mistaken, he entered into a plea agreement. If so, all of his denials were complete bluffing on his part. Now this project has been renamed the "Fire" in an obvious attempt to separate them from Jeremy's animals.

Old 09-01-2014, 01:25 PM   #6
David Reid
I am curious, when you sent payment, did you send it directly to his lawyer?

Dave

Old 09-01-2014, 05:24 PM   #7
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Occidentalis View Post
SALT LAKE CITY — A Utah brother and sister face criminal charges for allegedly smuggling a rare boa constrictor into the United States to breed and sell the offspring for tens of thousands of dollars.

Jeremy Stone, 39, became aware of a white boa at the Niteroi Zoo near Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, that had been caught in the wild, according to a #1 federal indictment.

Stone, owner Jeremy Stone Reptiles in Lindon, #2sent thousands of dollars to the zoo administrator between 2007 and 2009 as payment for the snake, prosecutors allege.

He sent or had others send emails to the administrator discussing #3 how he could get the boa out of Brazil without export permits. The emails included photos demonstrating how the administrator should pack the snake in his sister's luggage, according to the indictment.

In January 2009, Stone and Keri Ann Stone, 34, of Midvale, #4 traveled to Brazil to meet with the zoo administrator.

According to the indictment, a few days later the Stones attempted to leave Brazil on a cruise ship back to the United States but were denied permission to board because Kari Ann Stone appeared to be in the late months of pregnancy.

#5 Airport security temporarily detained them after finding that she was wearing a hollow, false pregnancy belly and bra. The indictment alleges they were testing airport security.
They also attempted to board a flight to the United States. Airport security temporarily detained them after finding that she was wearing a hollow, false pregnancy belly and bra. The indictment alleges they were testing airport security.

The Stones ultimately #6 moved the white boa from Brazil to Guyana, where a veterinarian created a fake certificate of origin showing the snake was caught in Guyana, according to the indictment.

Jeremy Stone sent the white boa and other snakes to the Unites States, declaring on a U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service form that they #7 were caught in Guyana and valued at $220, the indictment says.

The snakes were cleared for entry in Miami based on false information on the form on Jan. 29, 2009, and transported to Stone Reptiles in Lindon, according to the indictment.

The indictment alleges Jeremy Stone bred the white boa with other boa constrictors and sold the offspring for tens of thousands of dollars to buyers in the United States, Canada and Italy, among other places.

Jeremy Stone and Keri Ann Stone are charged in a #8 four-count indictment with conspiracy to unlawfully import the snake into the United States; unlawfully importing the snake into the country; transporting the snake knowing it was imported contrary to law; and making and submitting false records for wildlife imported into the United States.

The maximum penalty for the conspiracy count is five years in prison. The potential penalty for importing merchandise contrary to law is 20 years, and submitting false information on a Fish and Wildlife form carries a penalty of five years in prison.

Read more at http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=2829...A7Ap3CE180e.99

Lets pretend for one moment that only 10% of the entire report from KSL is correct, you choose the 10% you want. With that remaining true 10%, how is Stone still a good guy not matter how you dice it? The only way that Stone is a "good guy" is that the government completely 100% made the whole thing up out of thin air which is a fairy tale in itself if you believe that.

Just because Stone posted on his FB what "he says" the outcome was, doesn't make it so. His sister could be sentenced to hard labor at a false pregnancy belly and bra factory for all we know.

Old 09-01-2014, 06:37 PM   #8
SPJ
People will still buy from Stone just like they still buy from Crutchfield.

Old 09-01-2014, 09:29 PM   #9
Rick.Alvarez77
Oh wow... I guess I stuck my foot in my mouth. Don't really know what to say to be honest...

Old 09-01-2014, 10:31 PM   #10
weird_science04
I don't know Jeremy nor am I defending what his alleged pass has shown. Even if Jeremy is proven guilty for smuggling in a boa, that doesn't mean he doesn't care for his animals or ship them well. The OP was just trying to say that he bought a snake from Jeremy and it arrived alive and in good perceived condition. Smuggling a snake into the US and shipping out sick, mite infested snake are two different things. Ricardo, if you bought a snake and your are happy with it, then that is all that matters.

Star

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!