Bad Guy Robert Sloan - really bad guy - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-24-2018, 11:07 PM   #41
DrummingT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSB1 View Post
All victims of Bob Sloan AKA Robert Sloan, Alterna Ranch, Bob Hilliard, etc. ,etc. Everyone please fill out this form and report him. And please forward this to the other BOI threads Thank you. Time to put this scam artist that has been ripping off people for 3 decades on Federal Prison; Thank you for contacting the U.S. Postal Inspection Service. The information you provided has been entered into our national Fraud Complaint System. Your reference number is C#1865305. If we need more information, you will be contacted directly. Please hold on to any original documents related to your complaint.

Please note that Postal Inspectors do not have the authority to ensure that your losses are refunded.

We may share the information you provided with other agencies when there is a possible violation within their jurisdiction.

In the future, if you have complaints about mail fraud or mail theft, you can visit our website, http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov, to file a complaint online.

United States Postal Inspection Service
YES this. The money order payment brings him under the postal inspectors jurisdiction. However, the FBI should also be contacted since Sloan is using Facebook and forums. All crimes committed over the internet are under the jurisdiction of the FBI.

If those scammed had contacted the FBI about this guy a decade back he would have been gone long ago.

Old 05-07-2018, 11:03 PM   #42
MSB1
The comments research him first"? The guy has 20 aliases. How do you research that? Wrong !

Old 05-08-2018, 01:12 PM   #43
AbsoluteApril
He wasn't using an alias with the OP...
and a lot of the aliases are detailed here throughout the BOI.
So yes, it is always a good idea to try to research first or post an info thread to get more information.

Old 05-09-2018, 09:51 PM   #44
MSB1
If everyone that got ripped off, instead of posting to the fauna BOI section - had reported him to the Federal authorities for mail fraud, which he's already served one prison term for ,he would have been in prison for life 3 decades ago. Nobody would be ripped off more than 30 years later or have to read the entire fauna BOI section to protect themselves. Why report him to a Reptile site where you have to read 10 years of complaints to even locate one on him. Report him to the FBI instead - Mail Fraud is a Federal offense. As an example I wrote Robert Sloan which is his name on facebook. I read ten years of fauna 's BOI section before I found out he's Bob Sloan on here, not to mention Bob Hilliard, Alterna Ranch, some Taxidermy service,etc.etc. and two dozen other aliases. All my posts are Rhetorical .You're entitled to your opinion. You're not entitled to email me your opinion. I've had it with the crazy internet trolls. I will hunt this son of a bitch down myself. Because some nut will try to defend him or this site. You report Federal Criminals to the FBI not some has-been Reptile site. That's exactly how he gets away with this. Thanks for the warnings on a Reptile site, I was busy checking the FBI's most wanted list.Reporting him here enables him to rip off others.

Old 05-09-2018, 10:03 PM   #45
snowgyre
He's ripping off people through reptile sales, it seems logical to post warnings on reptile sites. There's nothing stopping people from reporting his actions to multiple locations, including forums, the FBI, the USPS, etc.

Good luck with the hunt and I wish you the best. I just think you're being unfair by criticizing victims for not knowing where to report violations in addition to the BOI. It is somewhat ironic that now people know the appropriate authorities to report these violations because you posted here. I guess there's still something to be said for the informational value of a "has-been" reptile site, eh?

Old 05-09-2018, 10:06 PM   #46
tlmoon
You know Michael, a lot of people DO report these scammers. Posting on fauna and reporting them are not mutually exclusive. I'm not real sure why you are aiming so much of your anger at Fauna...no, Fauna has not and can not single handedly end all fraud for all time for everyone everywhere. I guess I'm just not following the logic - if Fauna hadn't existed "30 years ago" (and it didn't) then Sloan would have been locked up....how? Because no one knew about him?

You are coming across as a very difficult and unreasonable person. I do agree with you that Sloan needs to be locked up posthaste and I hope you get satisfaction seeing him brought to justice.

Old 05-09-2018, 10:39 PM   #47
Robert Walker
Quote:
I wrote Robert Sloan which is his name on facebook. I read ten years of fauna 's BOI section before I found out he's Bob Sloan on here,
If it took you that long to realize Robert is also Bob, well that is more of a reflection upon you than anything.
Here are some freebies to save you some time moving forward: Mike is often substituted for Michael. 'Dick' is also substituted for Richard.

If you have any further questions, FedEx has a helpline you can call, they would be thrilled to hear from you.

Old 05-09-2018, 11:45 PM   #48
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Nobody would be ripped off more than 30 years later or have to read the entire fauna BOI section to protect themselves. Why report him to a Reptile site where you have to read 10 years of complaints to even locate one on him.
You know you don't have to read every single thread? There's a search function. Usually when there are alias' they will be re-listed within the thread that contains the person's supposed real name.

Old 05-10-2018, 12:29 AM   #49
WebSlave
Quote:
If everyone that got ripped off, instead of posting to the fauna BOI section - had reported him to the Federal authorities for mail fraud, which he's already served one prison term for ,he would have been in prison for life 3 decades ago. Nobody would be ripped off more than 30 years later or have to read the entire fauna BOI section to protect themselves. Why report him to a Reptile site where you have to read 10 years of complaints to even locate one on him. Report him to the FBI instead - Mail Fraud is a Federal offense. As an example I wrote Robert Sloan which is his name on facebook. I read ten years of fauna 's BOI section before I found out he's Bob Sloan on here, not to mention Bob Hilliard, Alterna Ranch, some Taxidermy service,etc.etc. and two dozen other aliases. All my posts are Rhetorical .You're entitled to your opinion. You're not entitled to email me your opinion. I've had it with the crazy internet trolls. I will hunt this son of a bitch down myself. Because some nut will try to defend him or this site. You report Federal Criminals to the FBI not some has-been Reptile site. That's exactly how he gets away with this. Thanks for the warnings on a Reptile site, I was busy checking the FBI's most wanted list.Reporting him here enables him to rip off others.
So, go ahead and report Robert (Bob) Sloan to the federal authorities, and report back here to let us know how that works out for you. So you seriously think you are the first one to ever have that idea? When I got ripped off by a guy sending me three rubber checks, and went to every law enforcement agency I could think of about him, it got me absolutely nowhere. Which was exactly the reason I set up the Board Of Inquiry. Because law enforcement really doesn't give a darn about this type of industry, nor your or my problems with other people in this industry. Do you seriously think that the FBI is going to jump right on it when you file a report about someone selling snakes and cheating people? Yeah, to hell with terrorist cells, and major organized crime, they really need to drop all that and check into someone selling snakes and make a major arrest! Yeah, good luck with that plan.

So, you don't have the time and lack the incentive to put forth the effort to research someone? Fine. Others do, and to them the Board of Inquiry is here to help them. But it can only help them if they actually use it. If it doesn't help you because of your own lack of effort, then that is fine too. That is your bed you made, so you get to sleep in it. Sounds fair to me, so how about you? You don't like this site? Great! Then hit the road. Go elsewhere that is more to your liking.

Obviously you are butt hurt over something, and I guess you feel this is an excellent stage for you to use to complain about it and pass blame onto. Did Bob Sloan take you for a ride and you are pissed because you didn't make the effort and take the time here to read up on the potential results of your actions? And you blame this site for that failure on your part? Well, want to know where the blame really lies, in my opinion? Find the nearest mirror and take a peek at it. There he is!

So tell me, how did your checking the FBI's most wanted list work out for you? Time well spent?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!