new caring home for kinked/disfigured BPs - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 04:41 PM   #1
Elizabeth Minton
Talking new caring home for kinked/disfigured BPs

i used to only buy ball pythons to breed but as of today i have a new idea. just because a ball python has a disfigurement or a kink does not mean it should not be sold as a pet. i realized this during this week when i bought a male orange ghost with a kink. i decided it would make a great pet for my boyfriends 18th birthday since he has wanted on for a couple years now. it dawned on me that selling kinked animals even as pets is not thought of highly, but whose place is it to discriminate. if a person can find a good loving home for a snake with a kink or a disfigurment why not let it be the way it is. just because a snake is born disfigured does not mean it cant be sold to a loving family. that is why i wrote this. i have decided to be a breeder from the start, but i am now also extending my reach as a sort of sanctuary for disfigured or kinked BPS. i am willing to give them a loving home with everything they need to live happy. they will be able to be happy and healthy. they will not be bred and once bought they will no longer be sold to anyone other than friends or family agreeing to not breed or sell them to anyone other than back to me. they will be able to age in peace and live a full life

Old 05-30-2010, 05:44 PM   #2
Elizabeth Minton
please dont bad mouth my karma. i do not plan to breed any of these kinds of ball pythons. i am thinking from the heart and it is not illigal to care about them getting a good home. you guys do not personally know me but i have many other animals with defects or cripples. i do not breed them either. if you have something to say please pm me before badmouthing my karma i am a noble person no a money greedy person who will breed anything

Old 05-30-2010, 06:13 PM   #3
tinmantribe5
Elizabeth I think the problem people have with this is that you are wanting free or practically
Free Animals that you would eventually make profit on? I believe you have good intensions its just not gonna be recieved that way when you want to sell disabled animals for profit.
I mean no ill will toward you I think you are a very nice young lady.

Old 05-30-2010, 06:21 PM   #4
Elizabeth Minton
i do not want them free or cheap. i am thinking for the snakes themselves. just because they have physical issues does not mean they shouldnt be able to have good homes. right now i am not thinking of the breeding i am not that selfish. every animal mammal or reptile etc deserves the same as any other non cripple animal. im tired of them being pushed away. thats like not befriending a person because something is physically or mentally wrong with them. its not the animals fault how they turned out why judge them harshly

Old 05-30-2010, 06:26 PM   #5
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth Minton View Post
i do not want them free or cheap. i am thinking for the snakes themselves. just because they have physical issues does not mean they shouldnt be able to have good homes. right now i am not thinking of the breeding i am not that selfish. every animal mammal or reptile etc deserves the same as any other non cripple animal. im tired of them being pushed away. thats like not befriending a person because something is physically or mentally wrong with them. its not the animals fault how they turned out why judge them harshly
So, you're going to BUY kinked and disfigured animals to sell? Do I understand your business plan correctly?

Do you actually think there's a market for those animals?

Old 05-30-2010, 06:32 PM   #6
Elizabeth Minton
no i want to buy them to add as part of my household...family. if i do get rid of them it would only be to family members and if they dont want the animal anymore it will go back to me only. no animals with kinks are ever to be sold or bred once they arrive to me. i have a heart for these creatures and i only want to make there lives happy. i enjoy taking in cripples of other animals and one day i hope to be a vet

Old 05-30-2010, 06:35 PM   #7
Elizabeth Minton
i have nothing but good intentions

Old 05-30-2010, 07:03 PM   #8
deborahbroadus
Quote:
i have nothing but good intentions
I think the "trust" factor on "good intentions" is a bit low for some of us. But I don't think anyone will mind selling you a reject that they decide to let live. HOWEVER, why should they do that when there's no guarantee that you will have the money to buy all the animals that are destined to be culled?

What you basically are asking is for breeders to hold up their plans and feed and house animals that may be in pain and are basically unsellable except to you...do you see now?

Old 05-30-2010, 07:13 PM   #9
Elizabeth Minton
as long as they are happy and not in pain. it is the breeders call wheather they live. if they are so disfigured they cant function then they need to be put down. i see what you mean but not every snake is in pain because of their disfigurment. if its a minor kink or even a large kink it doesnt call for certain death. i just bought a snake with a minor kink in its tail friday and im awaiting its arrival sometime this week. it didnt look to be in pain at all and it was the sellers choice to let it live and it was my choice to buy it. i know it will be happy here since it is actually going to my boyfriend for his 18th birthday. he will be an only pet

Old 05-30-2010, 07:33 PM   #10
deborahbroadus
Quote:
i used to only buy ball pythons to breed but as of today i have a new idea. just because a ball python has a disfigurement or a kink does not mean it should not be sold as a pet. i realized this during this week when i bought a male orange ghost with a kink. i decided it would make a great pet for my boyfriends 18th birthday since he has wanted on for a couple years now. it dawned on me that selling kinked animals even as pets is not thought of highly, but whose place is it to discriminate. if a person can find a good loving home for a snake with a kink or a disfigurment why not let it be the way it is. just because a snake is born disfigured does not mean it cant be sold to a loving family. that is why i wrote this. i have decided to be a breeder from the start, but i am now also extending my reach as a sort of sanctuary for disfigured or kinked BPS. i am willing to give them a loving home with everything they need to live happy. they will be able to be happy and healthy. they will not be bred and once bought they will no longer be sold to anyone other than friends or family agreeing to not breed or sell them to anyone other than back to me. they will be able to age in peace and live a full life
Perhaps I misunderstood then, because your original post infers that you intend to sell the animals abet "to family and friends." You now seem to be saying that those misfortunate animals will be part of the family and given to family and friends.

I would think the plan though more carefully if it were me.

***Don't waste time sending me PMs to "explain" anything to me. If your business plan is sound, it should stand up to public scrutiny.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread