First Beardie - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-06-2006, 10:57 PM   #1
Robinsons
First Beardie

I have recently acquired my first Beardie. Her name is Stella. She is but a week old and cute as a button. When she came out of her shell she clipped most of her tail of(hence the reason she was given to me vs. being sold) My question is will it frow back. I've been bugging the s*&t out of my friend(from whom Stella came) with different care question and kept forgetting to ask this one, so I thought I would post it. She is so sweet she climbs onto my finger when I put my hand in the cage. She is happily feeding on greens from my garden ( no worries no pesticides or other chemicals have been used in the growing of this garden) and small crickets She let me hand feed her yesterday a gruel I made up from beardie food. any who I ramble on. She is so tiny my other question is when you guys count length are you counting tail or not? Thanks from a newbie. BTW if my husband would let me I think I would fill our house with beardies they are so FUN!!
Lorretta
Smile .... It's contagious

Old 07-06-2006, 11:04 PM   #2
Rebel Dragons
Sadly, the tail will not grow back and most of us here do count the tail when referring to a beardies size. You however just get to add *nub tail* after your measurements. Lil

I hope you have a blast with your new beardie!!!

Old 07-07-2006, 10:40 AM   #3
Robinsons
Thank you. Stella is about 2 inches long **nub tail and all** Are beardies picky eaters? Sometimes she just doesn't seem to want to eat, she does by the end of the day but it takes her a while.
Thanks
Lorretta
Smile It's contagious!

Old 07-07-2006, 02:30 PM   #4
prodigy9618
They can be a little picky sometimes but I would say part of the reason yours may be little picky is the age. A week old and a new home already. From my experience you should not sell a dragon until 4 weeks at min most say 6-8 weeks especially to an inexperienced keeper. I know that they are hard to resist when you get them especially that small but try not to handle it to much at this age and it may help a little. Also make sure the basking spot is atleast 105 as the heat will aid in her appetite. Good Luck, Charlie

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!