Inquiry Brian Chumsae aka Dinky Reptiles - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:02 PM   #11
P&A Pythons
I did not bash him I just said the name changed thats it. I have dealt with him before no issues. All snakes where good health and cages where pristine I have been to his residence as well. So take a few deep breaths an relax

Old 03-19-2012, 10:27 PM   #12
johnnydance
Hey Paul,
I don't understand why you would say that then? The way you said it sounded like his name changed, so watch out. If you transactions went well, why wouldn't you just say that it went well? I didn't mean any ill will to you, but he's been really nice to deal with and I don't want bad words to do him wrong. There's others out there that have done wrong, that's all!

Old 03-19-2012, 10:41 PM   #13
RobNJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydance View Post
Hey Paul,
I don't understand why you would say that then? The way you said it sounded like his name changed, so watch out. If you transactions went well, why wouldn't you just say that it went well? I didn't mean any ill will to you, but he's been really nice to deal with and I don't want bad words to do him wrong. There's others out there that have done wrong, that's all!
Just by looking at the title of this thread, it doesn't take quick thinking to figure out why his business name changing may be relevant...maybe, just MAYBE, because it will be a different business name than the name in the title of the thread.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:02 AM   #14
sanguine_mercantile
I think it is more than relevant to any potential customer if a business owner has changed his business name multiple times especially if dealing in the same product while only changing the business name.

Chirstina and John state that they had good transactions with him/her so it reflects positively upon Dinky Reptiles. However, in an industry where good faith by and large makes up a lion share of the transactions, any responsible consumer would want to know as much as they can about who/where they are buying their reptiles from.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:04 AM   #15
sanguine_mercantile
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobNJ View Post
Just by looking at the title of this thread, it doesn't take quick thinking to figure out why his business name changing may be relevant...maybe, just MAYBE, because it will be a different business name than the name in the title of the thread.
Agreed.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:18 AM   #16
johnnydance
And again, if you've had positive experience... what's the point of bringing up something that is questionable? I've stated my experience, and as far as I know you haven't on the original post. I've done the same on other purchases, on this and other sites, and I've purchased from Brian before. I'll be happy to state bad experiences to inform other prospective buyers, if that is the case. I don't want anyone to have a bad experience!!!

Old 03-20-2012, 01:43 AM   #17
plumbergreg
I bought a really awsome pastel female from Brian and found him to be very helpfull and pretty damn cool. I plan on doing more business with him. I recommend him. And yes he is from Massachusetts.

Old 03-20-2012, 05:34 AM   #18
gsrept
First off never said not to breed it and i do have experience with him also i was only trying to make you aware of the IMG gene I know some one that has dealt with it for many years. not just one breeding and then dub it genetic especially when none of the animals produced by it where proven to carry it. from what i see it is an incomplete project with that particular snake. anyone that has something real different like this animal would not sell it unless there was a good reason like infected hemipene and will not breed anymore or not proving out.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:16 AM   #19
hhmoore
There are lots of reasons to sell a snake when the project isn't complete - especially one that has shown to be as inconsistent over the long term, like IMGs. Is there a reason you're suggesting that there is something wrong with the snake?

Old 03-20-2012, 08:40 AM   #20
bloodybaroness
I've sold super high end/odd ball animals to move out projects before. Not one thing was wrong with them, I just thinned the herd and wanted to fund some other projects.

I don't understand why you assume something has to be wrong with the IMG snake for it to have been sold.

People get tired of dinking around with something and move to another project. It happens. There is no reason to assume a dud breeder was sold, or the snake has issues.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!