Bad Guy Chris Applegate=Beware! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-26-2009, 12:27 PM   #21
versus_terminus
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilemike View Post
i have also had experiences with chris and his mom on multiple ocasions telling me they were going to buy gators and retics off of me and had them never buy them or call to say they changed there mind. i have seen a few times where they had snakes covered in mites and respiratory infections bad ,and told them and they just blew it off like they did not care. they have been banned from the ohio shows completely . i do not know how there home conditions are they may be grate , who knows. i recently offered chris a trade for an albino ball he has he turned me down, no big deal probably better for me lol. as for all of you who held animals for him with out a deposit we all live and learn no matter who they are get a deposit before you hold an animal or agree to drive to meet some one . Chris is not a bad guy i just think they are in reptiles for the money not the animals hence half of there out ragous prices . Hopefully chris and his mom will either get a passion for these animals or just step out of the business. i guess my best advice for dealing with them or anyone else is check out what you are buying closely because once you take possession its now yours . Mike Schofield
How much are tiger retics going for as babies now a days Mike, if I might ask. Also, my gf is interested in an albino lavendar retic when we get a bigger place, how much would one of those set me back? LOL

Old 03-26-2009, 12:33 PM   #22
Plenty Paws
The crazy thing is that he was there at the show. They bought a ton of stuff AT that show. He could have at any point walked over and said "hey we blew all our money on other stuff,see if you can sell the animal to someone else."

I had not planned to take any animals to that show. Only did because he asked me to. I am not from KY so it cost me every time I want to take an animal to a show.

Thing is, he would not have even known I had the animal if not for another guy asking to buy one on the other board. I replied to the other persons wanted ad and Chris emailed me wanting to buy it out from under the guy with the want ad. (sneaky)
I choose not to sell to the guy with the want ad after all, due to his nearly extinct brain cells. So I then proceeded to discuses the sale with Chris. But this was only after I found out the guy from the want ad was in no way going to be a good home for the animal.

But my point here is,,he did show up,he was there at the show. And even said at the start of the show he was going to bring me the money.....Then could not be troubled to walk 15 feet to tell me before the end of the show that he was backing out. He didn't even have to walk,,he could have yelled that far.
"hey ,I know I talked you into bringing the animal and paying the travel permit ,,but we spent all our money on other stuff so sorry about your luck!"

Old 03-26-2009, 12:50 PM   #23
DavidBeard
Brandy, was this at the most recent KRE? Because he was not show up.

Old 03-26-2009, 12:52 PM   #24
Plenty Paws
post removed due to violation of the full name rule.
"stealth mode" is not acceptable on the BOI...either post your correct name, or create your own account.
hhmoore

Old 03-26-2009, 01:55 PM   #25
DavidBeard
I thought that might be the case, but I wasn't sure lol.

Hi Tammatha!

Old 03-26-2009, 03:05 PM   #26
capplegate
I stand here disappointed in my recent business transactions, I know that what I have done was uncalled for. I'm not looking for anything other than to resolve my past short comings. I have no excuses that are worth mentioning here so I will simply state that I truly am sorry for those I have mislead and or put out financially in any way. I hope to have future dealing with all of you for many years to come. I'm willing to make right anything I have done wrong, please e-mail me so that this may all be resolved.

Chris Applegate

Old 03-26-2009, 03:11 PM   #27
DavidBeard
Aside from his post above, Chris and I have been talking via e-mail today and he issued a sincere and earnest apology for his actions.....being who I am and Chris being the person I know he is, I whole-heartedly accept his apology and am willing to do anything I can to help him get on track.

Its not about the money....that was never the point. I just want to see him succeed both as a person and as a contributer to the herp community.

I consider the issues between Chris and myself closed.

Old 03-26-2009, 04:10 PM   #28
josh Anderson
my dealings and feelings

I've had similar dealings with Chris over the course of friendship. Before I start id like to say that Chris and Peggy are both great people. I have not seen mite covered animals nor have I seen respritory problems with their animals. Some of the import animals and recently aquired animlas I have seen them have been what I call ''in questionable health'' but none to the extent mentioned above.

BUT to the point.... in past dealing Chris has showed interest and ''staked his claim'' on merchendice and then backed out simply without returning emails, Pm's or text. No excusses no explaination, nothing.

The one deal that will remain most is the most recent. I had a spider ball pythin for sale for $200 on our local forum. Chris came to me privatly as a friend and I gave him what id like to call ''friends and family discount'' a set price that no haggling was involved and we agreed $150 was a good price for a spider ball pythong.

All was good.... we had arranged to do the transaction the upcoming expo, which he did not attend but he did email me in advance and tell me he wouldn't be there. That was fine I held it for another month for him until the next show.

Between that day and the show I had posted FREE bowls and hemostates. Chris replied and wanted those as well and I was to bring them with the spider ball python. I agreed.

This is where it got tricky... he emailed me 3 days before the show askng if I would take $100 instead of our agreed price of $150. I felt that my kind hand was taken advantage of being he was obviosly given a steep discount from the begining. I was offended by his quaestion and declined. I got no reply from my email declining his offer of $100. Then the day before the show I receive a message from him asking me if I was still bring the FREE bowls and hemostates? No I was not!

The deal fell through because our agreed price suddenly became not good enough and I declined his offer for $100.

See Chris and I are friends and I knew as well ashe did he was going to sell that spider ball for retail price which at the time was $275.

I undertsand making profit, I suppose there truly is a fine line between business and friendship.

I hold no grudges but the deal that never happened and the feeling won't be forgoten.

Old 03-26-2009, 04:29 PM   #29
Ken Harbart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plenty Paws View Post
No it was the first sheep town show. And this is not Brandy you know she almost never does the shows..bad David no cup cakes for you.
I am in stealth mode,,ssshhhhhh
Care to clarify the above?

Old 03-26-2009, 05:50 PM   #30
ForkedTung
Awesome. Thanks Chris, Just what we need here in Ohio...a bunch more, less than honest, sketchy, animal flippers...
Why don't you guys try selling snake oil or something like that? Something that isn't a living sentient being that requires just a little effort and care to keep healthy.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!