respond please asap - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-02-2008, 08:32 PM   #1
dragonss
respond please asap

Okey need some help my dragon not eating........First.
He ran out of his fave worms (hornworm) and because of the holidays there a little late. He rebelled as he did for a day then starting eating his normal salad food, about 3 days ago ( he ate 2 days ago) the temperature out side drop ed -5 degrees and it has been very cold even with all his light and heating at 85-100 degrees he seem reluctantly to eat, he drinks water his moving around some one I'm not at home to see what he does but he seem find.. He seem find but not very eager to do anything. Saturday he pooped (alot) and that was it..
Know i could be just freaking out, his not a yr old yet so i don't think it's burmintation, could it be the cold weather is he just doing what would come nature in nature if it was cold for a few days, weeks ,
I'm suppose to get more worms and the weather suppose to get warm. ( i Hope )
' HELP.............

Old 01-02-2008, 09:22 PM   #2
dragonss
okey to respond to my first question YES I think im over reacting i just put him in the bath tub and he poop (greens and carrrets) an know he's all over the the room i'm on my shoulder and the key board ever where i think his trying to make me feel bad becuase his not getting worms..

Old 01-02-2008, 10:20 PM   #3
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

How are things with your dragon this evening? Did you get the temps all situated with the colder weather?
What type & brand of UVB lighting are you using & how old is it?

Tracie

Old 01-03-2008, 11:03 PM   #4
dragonss
Uvb lighting um lets see zoomeds (brand) um and i would say 2 months old i know about lighting, heat emitters and all that jazz ... my Dragons better it's not freezing cold tonight and his in bed under his heat emitter (on high)
My question is it normal for dragons to slow down if they get cold????

Old 01-03-2008, 11:59 PM   #5
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

Yes, it is normal for them to want to slow down when the weather gets a little cooler.
Just making sure you didn't have a compact or coil UVB light.

Tracie

Old 01-06-2008, 07:59 PM   #6
dragonss
oh yea

No i never even heard of the coil lights before i just used the same heat uvb light i have when I had smaller lizards the only diffrents is the watt I did use heat mats ( under tank ) like for snakes for my other beardy that had dead but then when i got kumu someone told me that the heat emitter work well for night time cause there was no llite admitted and so i went and bought that as well and sense the weather has not bend to friendly i leave that on as well and my dragon spend the cold part of the day laying on his hammock next to the hanging heater ( above the screen top)
thanks

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!