Hay's Haven - Page 12 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-27-2003, 05:33 PM   #111
ms_terese
*ding ding ding*

OK, the light clicked on, Daniel. You've made a very valid point.

The documentation wasn't forthcoming because Gary didn't feel it was needed. As a bit of time passed, Jason began questioning the events, but didn't tell Gary that right away.

Just as happened in this thread, Jason reacted by shutting down and avoiding Gary, and Gary reacted by becoming more and more persistent in his requests. Now everybody is backed into a corner, and there really will be no way for everyone to be happy. ((A quick apology to both of you for my armchair psychoanalysis))

Let me just throw this out there to both parties: Both of you share in some responsibility here. Would you be willing to meet half way? Work out a compromise? Agree to disagree, but find a resolution that you can both live with? Come out of this with some respect for each other, instead of the bad taste that I know is lingering for both of you?

As adults, we all need to work through issues. I really think that both are good guys. You might need a mediator to be the go between, but I'm guessing that both of you are mature enough to settle this once and for all.

Old 06-27-2003, 05:56 PM   #112
Darin Chappell
You all may very well be right on this. Perhaps the refund should not be made at all, made on a compromise basis, made in full or something else in entirely. I guess I'm too wrapped up abou the other stuff to think clearly.

My MAIN POINT is that if I were in Gary's OR Jason's position, I would take $150 loss before I would even THINK of involving USPS or HSUS in this mess! I just cannot see dragging the whole industry through the wringer over a relatively small amount. I know it's a lot of money to some (it is to me!), but it's not so much that I'd just blindly charge ahead, regardless of the consequences.

That's my main concern in what I've read thus far, anyway. I'll hush now.

Old 06-27-2003, 06:05 PM   #113
ms_terese
You're correct, Darin. It's time to solve this through good old fashioned communication and compromise rather than continuing the escalation.

Old 06-27-2003, 06:25 PM   #114
gwbolton
ok yes i am a little pissed.
1st i lost $150
2nd messed up my whole breeding program.
3rd they where darn cute albino geckos hated to watch two of them die that way. i tried long an hard to save the 2 that surrived shipping but lost them too.
4th i feel as if he tried to make a fool of me by promising to replace them and then finding one of the geckos for sale on his web site.
then when i emailed him about it he promised to ship it when he has money and lies again to me.
i have never met someone like this before. i brought a ball python from a guy in florida and when i called him about it being overly agressive, he told me to ship it back and he replaced it with in 3 days. i took him at his word an Dave came through on his promise. this is what i expected Jason to do. but instead he lied to me at every turn.

so now i make it policy to take pics of all animals i buy on arrival. now i wonder who can i trust. i want to buy a mate for my snow striped corn snake but can i trust to buy it over the net or not.

because of people ripping people off like this is why people don't trust other anymore. sorry to the rest of you, but Jason just pushed me over the edge.

gary bolton

p.s. HSUS ain't that hard to deal with I see them every month or so. Pennsylvania branch tries to be real tough, but when they get a reptile in they call the closes herper to bale them out. an guess what I am only about a mile from the shelter.

Old 06-27-2003, 08:59 PM   #115
meretseger
Is the local shelter actually run by the HSUS? Because most Humane Society shelters have nothing to do with the HSUS, that's just another one of their tricks. I know my local one isn't.

Erin Benner

Old 06-28-2003, 09:08 AM   #116
PAUL BOLLINGER
Stop! HSUS

SLOW DOWN!
HSUS is a VERY strong political entity. When you hear of new reptile laws constricting each state more and more, these are the forces lining the pockets of your senators. As herpers we need to govern ourselves as much as possible. They have and will continue to use any ammunition they can get their hands on. This is not a conspiracy, It is fact.

We (Herpers) are not organized enough at this point to compete with the HSUS. It's a political world and this organization is on a witch hunt unfortunately we're riding the broom.

Old 06-28-2003, 09:29 AM   #117
gwbolton
no i am not reporting jason to hsus, no i am thinking about reporting him to the usps for not shipping me what he promised. he promised HEALTHY albino leopards geckos. i got SICK albino leopard geckos that died. plus as i stated earlier all the fancy footwork he tried to do with his promises to make good on the sales then trying to sell the promised animal, then getting caught and making more promises and lieing again. now he is whining that this is costing him money. well that is his problem if he would have done what is right, i won't of had to post on here. so i have decided to follow the plan of action recommend to me in chat on here. active this thread every so often to let people know to beware of him. if he ever does make good on the deal i will make that know to be fair.

gary bolton

Old 06-29-2003, 06:28 PM   #118
gwbolton
still hasn't got me my refund

I still haven't forgotten you Jason. You still haven't made good on our deal.

Gary Bolton

Old 07-01-2003, 06:42 PM   #119
gwbolton
Welp it is July Jason where is my refund for those sick geckos?

Gary bolton

Old 07-03-2003, 03:45 PM   #120
gwbolton
Well still waiting for my refund. I guess this proves my point Jason Hays is a crook..

Gary Bolton

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!