Inquiry Bob Clark - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-13-2017, 10:39 PM   #1
desertman
Bob Clark

I purchased a male albino Burmese python from Bob Clark on Wednesday May 31st and received him Thursday June 1st. I was told the snake is "eating rat pups". After seeing how small it was I inquired and Bob said the snake was hatched May 15th. That was two weeks from hatched to shipped. From what I understand it takes up to 10 days for first shed. How many rat pups could it possibly have eaten? I have it in a tub with the temps/humidity correctly and sent a pic to Bob. My issue it his snake will not eat or even attempt to. When I messaged his Facebook page I was told I was doing something wrong.

Is this my fault? Was this snake shipped too soon and should I just return it since it's not eating?

Just for the record I have had snakes for almost 10 yrs and not a new keeper.

Thanks

Old 06-16-2017, 03:36 PM   #2
Dthompson2634
It sounds like it. Before posting here I would ask for its complete feeding and shed history. I'm sure they track that stuff.

Old 06-16-2017, 04:29 PM   #3
Skyefoxx
From my experience, it's after the first shed and at the very least first 3 feedings that most breeders find it acceptable to ship a hatchling.

Old 06-21-2017, 01:07 AM   #4
Snake-Queen
The standard may be first shed & 3 feedings, but not all follow this.
Contact them again & find out exactly how many times it has eaten.

PM me if you need advice or to bounce ideas off someone.

Old 06-21-2017, 01:50 AM   #5
Black Adder
A baby burm could easily be living off the "yolk" from hatching for a good 7 days possibly more tbh.
So I would find it highly unlikely it had more than 1 meal of rodent if at all any in just 2 weeks.
At that age if I was selling it would be described as "out of the egg" and sold at a lesser price than a fully established hatchling

Old 06-21-2017, 07:59 AM   #6
Casey Hulse
I know from experience that he sometimes ships boas as soon as they are born, I received one, and he said it would be no problem to start, it was NOT a problem to start, but that was a boa, burms are different.
It is usually very easy to get a burm started, and may be easier than returning it, just ask what Bob would prefer, either you assist, ( a frozen thawed rat pink slipped down their throat) or return. Let him know you are having issues, and see what he suggests. Bob has handled 10's of thousands of baby burms, and I think he will take care of you either way.
Best of luck, and feel free to ask ?? in the Python forum.

Old 06-21-2017, 05:58 PM   #7
ElexisC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Hulse View Post
I know from experience that he sometimes ships boas as soon as they are born, I received one, and he said it would be no problem to start, it was NOT a problem to start, but that was a boa, burms are different.
It is usually very easy to get a burm started, and may be easier than returning it, just ask what Bob would prefer, either you assist, ( a frozen thawed rat pink slipped down their throat) or return. Let him know you are having issues, and see what he suggests. Bob has handled 10's of thousands of baby burms, and I think he will take care of you either way.
Best of luck, and feel free to ask ?? in the Python forum.

Theres no "but that was a boa" There are many instances it takes months to get some baby boas to eat, some fail to thrive and die without ever taking a first meal. It is NOT good business practice to do this and no body should be making excuses for it!

We breed boas I would NEVER send one out without a first shed and at least 3 meals in a row, so sometimes that can be more than 3 feedings. Bob clark has been slipping. He sends out supers that don't prove, Non hets as hets, males sold as females and he fixes NONE of it! Bob Clark may have been good once, but he is not any more.

Old 06-21-2017, 06:03 PM   #8
desertman
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElexisC View Post
Theres no "but that was a boa" There are many instances it takes months to get some baby boas to eat, some fail to thrive and die without ever taking a first meal. It is NOT good business practice to do this and no body should be making excuses for it!

We breed boas I would NEVER send one out without a first shed and at least 3 meals in a row, so sometimes that can be more than 3 feedings. Bob clark has been slipping. He sends out supers that don't prove, Non hets as hets, males sold as females and he fixes NONE of it! Bob Clark may have been good once, but he is not any more.
You don't think he will fix this or accept a refund?

What happens then..I'm stuck with force feeding or a dead snake?

Old 06-21-2017, 06:09 PM   #9
ElexisC
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertman View Post
You don't think he will fix this or accept a refund?

What happens then..I'm stuck with force feeding or a dead snake?
pretty much. that's why he slammed Ryans animals at the Texas show, he sold him animals that weren't what he said genetically and some weren't the right sex, so Ryan didn't pay him the last $1000? and that's when Bob came to his table and physically assaulted the animals and got into an altercation with Ryan. the whole show saw it, I can't remember which, but he will say Ryan lies and bad mouth Ryan but Ryan is straight up about not paying him the rest because he won't fix the wrong he sent. Ryan doesn't want any backlash for the show either, Bonnie is going through enough. but anyone who knows Ryan Sullivan can attest this is true. Bob even deleted my comments on his post and messaged me just to bad mouth him. not sure if I still have the messages I can check if anyone requires proof.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Old 06-21-2017, 06:28 PM   #10
desertman
Any way to file a complaint? I doubt I can get the money back from my bank

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!