Attractions - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Lonely Hearts Club Forum

Notices

Lonely Hearts Club Forum Looking for someone with a common interest? Why not go where they hang out? Have fun, but not TOO much fun in here. ONLY members over 18 are welcome here.

View Poll Results: What professions attract you ? (more than 1 OK)
Doctor 10 23.81%
Lawyer (this is one of the correct answers lol) 5 11.90%
Politician 2 4.76%
Exotic dancer 8 19.05%
Law enforcement 8 19.05%
Hunky Firefighter 6 14.29%
Proctologist 0 0%
Chef 7 16.67%
Purveyor of reptiles 16 38.10%
Soldier 4 9.52%
Teacher 8 19.05%
Nurse 9 21.43%
Blue collar: factory, chemical plant, etc. 4 9.52%
Independently wealthy 11 26.19%
As long as they got it together, it doesn't matter what they do 21 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-27-2005, 08:37 PM   #1
Lucille
Attractions

This poll is about whether you are drawn to those who are members of a particular profession. Of course, no matter where you look, people are individuals, but there are those who are attracted to people who are in certain callings.....

Old 09-28-2005, 09:23 AM   #2
lizardsister2
Well, there is something about guys who are good with kids and animals so jobs in teaching or with reptiles would be cool. But really I probably would have clicked the-whatever as long as they have it together-box if proctologist hadn't been an option. That would not be okay.

Old 10-02-2005, 08:51 PM   #3
handsomeRob
How about a proctologist with bad depth perception???

okay, so how is it that its quite allright for a woman to be discriminatory towards men when it comes to professions, yet if a guy discriminates towards a female based on physical appearance we are cruel and heartless? I will only date peteite females and if im physically and metally attracted to her then it doesnt matter to me if she is a doctor or a cashier (although cashier at a victoria's secret would be rather nice, hehe).

Old 10-02-2005, 08:52 PM   #4
handsomeRob
(petite) yes i know i cant spell.

Old 10-02-2005, 09:00 PM   #5
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by handsomeRob
okay, so how is it that its quite allright for a woman to be discriminatory towards men when it comes to professions, yet if a guy discriminates towards a female based on physical appearance we are cruel and heartless? I will only date peteite females and if im physically and metally attracted to her then it doesnt matter to me if she is a doctor or a cashier (although cashier at a victoria's secret would be rather nice, hehe).
First of all, the poll is not gender based. All those professions can be achieved by either gender: it is a poll just to see if any of us are attracted to a certain profession.

There is nothing at all wrong about being discriminatory to a degree about physical appearance. I, for instance, am not at all attracted to petite females.
I do find it shallow when relationships are completely predefined by physical attributes to the extent that those who do not fit the set parameters are not even permitted friendship.

Old 10-02-2005, 09:15 PM   #6
handsomeRob
i am quite aware as to what the poll is about. all im saying is that if i started a poll asking people what type of body shape (petite, average, overweight) people liked, i would have a large amount of "youre so mean and cruel. people are beautiful inside" type responses. yet its okay for females (or males) to say "i will only date a circus clown". if i am an evil person to some for not wanting to date a large woman, what type of person are they for refusing to date me because im not a pediatrician or a veterinarian?

Old 10-02-2005, 09:22 PM   #7
Lucille
You're not evil. There are plenty of people to go around, date who you like.
I myself have definite preferences for certain professions, but I can be friends with almost everyone.

Old 10-02-2005, 09:33 PM   #8
kiote9
There is no profession that attracts me. No uniform is a turn on.

I am attracted to people who do what they like and are happy at it.

Well, I do tend to discriminate against people whom support themselves by doing illegal acts. No drug dealers, thieves, murders, or politicians need bother with me.

Old 10-02-2005, 11:15 PM   #9
handsomeRob
I often jaywalk to get to my work. Am I excluded?

Old 10-03-2005, 03:22 AM   #10
kiote9
Quote:
Originally Posted by handsomeRob
I often jaywalk to get to my work. Am I excluded?
Ooohhh Rob, that makes you dangerous and a rebel...makes you more attractive! Now if jaywalking was a criminal offense it would be different.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!